Duke4.net Forums: Polymost sky[box]/brightness mess up - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymost sky[box]/brightness mess up

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

As of r6776 (really, no one noticed or cared for almost a year?):

Attached Image: 6775-sky-OK-polymost-doombox.jpg Attached Image: 6776-sky-ERR-polymost-doombox.jpg Attached Image: 6775-sky-OK-software-doombox.jpg

Link to example map: DoomBOX

This post has been edited by LeoD: 28 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Its been brought up before.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMark, on 28 February 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Its been brought up before.
So the bug fixing / quality management policies haven't improved over time? Sad.
Just checked out http://bugs.eduke32.com/ and e.g. "critical" bug #61 from 2017-06-27 isn't even confirmed. So easy to do. Still present btw.:
Attached File  eduke32.crash-7358.log (2.77K)
Number of downloads: 95
Attached File  eduke32-7358.log (1.98K)
Number of downloads: 106
(No surprise that eduke32_snapshot_20090131 crashes as well.)

User is offline   pogokeen 

• EDuke32 Developer

Thanks for the report. I will take a look and let you know here when the sky rendering issue is fixed.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Is it the skybox brightness, or is it the skybox turning into a big black nothing? We've had this problem in WGR2, and ended up going back to an old revision for that project because all of the HD skyboxes would appear as black. But oddly, on other projects skyboxes will show up normally in newer revisions.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 March 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

Is it the skybox brightness, or is it the skybox turning into a big black nothing?
Dunno, didn't bother to check any further.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 March 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

We've had this problem in WGR2, and ended up going back to an old revision for that project because all of the HD skyboxes would appear as black.
I really wish we had at least something like a stable branch or a semi-official release[number] every now and then, instead of every modder/mapper and his dog in need of their project's very own binary revision. (I'm still on a patched r4495 most of the time.)

View Postpogokeen, on 28 February 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the report. I will take a look and let you know here when the sky rendering issue is fixed.
Retreating to my den for the time being ...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options