Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 Tags - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 Tags  "Linking a Boss to a Door"

User is offline   Azarius 

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a single player map & I was wondering how to link a boss kill to a door unlock, I intend for the door to remain locked until the mini boss is killed but every combination of tags I use is not working (door remains locked after kill).

I am sure there is a simple explanation to this as I managed to do it before using trial & error, unfortunately the map got corrupted and the backup I managed to save was before I added this feature! :)

Any help would be much appreciated as I have come to a dead end in the development of this level.

Cheers!

It used to be tag 6666 in prototypes of the game, but I don't believe it works in the final, especially if E3L6 is anything to go by. See the door to the pool at the end of that map.

It would probably be fairly trivial to do this in CON if you really wanted to, but people really don't seem to like having to load custom resources like that for just one map despite how easy it is to do. Basically there'll be an 'ifdead' somewhere in the boss actor, so you'd just need an ACTIVATE or OPERATEACTIVATORS within that if, I'm happy to help if you decide to go that route.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 13 February 2019 - 06:04 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options