Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Phredreeke 

So what content can we expect from this? Duke it out in DC 2.0?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 12 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

So what content can we expect from this? Duke it out in DC 2.0?

I'll put it this way: If that is all you expect to get, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You're gonna make me stay up until 12? :) Will eastern timezones get it earlier?

This post has been edited by Radar: 12 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Will the DC episode require the .grp?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLunick, on 12 February 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Will the DC episode require the .grp?

You will need DUKE3D.GRP but not any additional GRPs. Keep in mind that a lot of the content in DC has been changed, so even if we somehow required that grp, it wouldn't actually be used: we have our own modified maps and art as it pertains to DC.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRadar, on 12 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

You're gonna make me stay up until 12? :lol: Will eastern timezones get it earlier?

I suppose it could be released 3 hours earlier so it's 12am on the east coast, and technically still the 16th.

But don't push your luck and ask for it to be released at 12am Australian time. :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Why do you discriminate against Micky C :’(

I wouldn’t have time to play it for a while anyway.

User is offline   Mark 

Thats right. You still haven't played Quest Town yet. You have to do that first. :)

• Honored Donor

View PostMark, on 12 February 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Thats right. You still haven't played Quest Town yet. You have to do that first. :)

Maybe I did play it, then remembered the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." :lol:

User is offline   Marya 

Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 12 February 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Maybe I did play it, then remembered the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." :)

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 12 February 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'll put it this way: If that is all you expect to get, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted Image

Releases in 11 hours. Just curious, does this poster look familiar to anyone?

https://www.moddb.co...lien-armageddon

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 15 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

The first thing I thought of was Carribbean for some reason.

View PostNinety-Six, on 15 February 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

The first thing I thought of was Carribbean for some reason.

I was looking more for what movie does this remind you of? Remember the original Duke 3d poster reminds some people of a certain movie.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 15 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I've not seen anywhere near as many movies as I probably should have...

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 15 February 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

I was looking more for what movie does this remind you of? Remember the original Duke 3d poster reminds some people of a certain movie.

I guessed it!
Posted Image
I did not know but I guessed by that road dust and desert-y terrain.

• Honored Donor

I also guessed it, more from the enemies hidden by dust in the background than the poses themselves. Nicely done!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Confirmed that download of 2.0 is working on Mod DB. :)

https://www.moddb.co...n-armageddon-20

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I just finished the D.C. episode. It was a blast!

I do need to report one issue I saw, though:

Posted Image

Whoever edited Brown Water apparently tried to align some of the wall textures here. They must've changed the orientation with the O key and now the wall textures move up/down with the water level. They need their orientation changed back. If you wanted to align them, you should've just held the Alt key while using the numpad arrows to pan the textures around instead. :)

I've already started on Caribbean and finished Caribbean Catastrophe. I'm liking it so far, but I did notice that the original, untouched versions of the maps were used instead of my improved versions of the maps from Megaton Edition. I'm cringing at a lot of issues here. :lol: One issue being the wood wall next to where the blue card is in Caribbean Catastrophe. You can jump over that wall and get stuck on the other side because the floor is too low. That wall needs to be blocked and the floor needs to be raised up to the bottom of the palm tree that's floating in the air for cosmetic improvement. You can use my versions of the maps as reference for any future improvements, but it really would have been better if you had just went with my files. There were a ton of issues I had already taken care of in them.

Could you adjust the volume on those gunshot sounds for the first DC map somehow? It's absolutely deafening on my end.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 16 February 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Could you adjust the volume on those gunshot sounds for the first DC map somehow? It's absolutely deafening on my end.

Yes, they are a bit loud, I don't know if it is possible in Build/eDuke32 but reducing the sound radius for the guns might help in this situation, so that you only hear the closests sounds and the sounds further away are only a quite silent background noise for atmosphere.

Apart from that it is really awesome from what I played so far ... and this mod finally fulfills a dream of mine I had for years:

Spoiler

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 16 February 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Whoever edited Brown Water apparently tried to align some of the wall textures here. They must've changed the orientation with the O key and now the wall textures move up/down with the water level.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 16 February 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

:) One issue being the wood wall next to where the blue card is in Caribbean Catastrophe.

These issues will be fixed, as will any others that are brought up. We did play through the map plenty of times without ever getting stuck. It would have been better to start with your versions, but I don't think any of us realized that an improved map set for Caribbean had been done, to be honest. The decision to add Caribbean was made very late and we ran with it quickly.

Also: SURPRISE, EVERYONE! WE INCLUDED A SPECIAL VERSION OF CARIBBEAN TOO!

View PostDoom64hunter, on 16 February 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Hmm, it never bothered me but I do know that Duke 3D has a tendency to make sounds very loud when multiple instances of the same sound are played simulteneously. So, this will probably not be an issue anywhere except the very start of the first map in that big battle. EDIT@ fuegerstef: yes, it's possible to reduce the radius of a sound but I don't think that's the issue here. Reducing them to the point where it would help in that one battle would mess them up everywhere else in the game.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 16 February 2019 - 02:18 AM

User is offline   Solfish 

https://imgur.com/0ou2U1L
Everytime on Life's a Beach episode, when the super pig cop attacks me with his melee at this place, the game always freezes. Any help? I'm using the lastest Eduke32 version. Sorry, I don't know how to insert an image on this forums.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSolfish, on 16 February 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

https://imgur.com/0ou2U1L
Everytime on Life's a Beach episode, when the super pig cop attacks me with his melee at this place, the game always freezes. Any help? I'm using the lastest Eduke32 version. Sorry, I don't know how to insert an image on this forums.

Use the included EDuke32 version, do not use the latest. I have no idea whether that is relevant to your problem, but it could be.

EDIT: I can confirm that for me at least, getting melee charged by the armored pig in that spot does not freeze my game. Cannot replicate problem. Also note that in the Caribbean episode, enemies are somewhat randomized -- often the pig there will be a regular pigcop.

Also, sorry if this sounds dickish, but please note this from the install instructions:

The included executables have been extensively tested with this version of Alien Armageddon. If you use an executable from an older OR newer version of Eduke32, then do so at your own risk. There are known bugs with all other versions of EDuke32 as of this writing.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 16 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 16 February 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

Reducing them to the point where it would help in that one battle would mess them up everywhere else in the game.

Yeah, I thought so. A sector effect isn't possible for that? (complete Build/eDuke32 noob here)

It isn't deafening here anyways though. Just a bit chaotic.

User is offline   Solfish 

Everything is fine now, I feel so stupid. Thank you Trooper Dan.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSolfish, on 16 February 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Everything is fine now, I feel so stupid. Thank you Trooper Dan.

I guess we were right to continue to use r7140 of Eduke32 :)
EDIT: I should add...while I'm glad that using the tested version solved the problem for you, it's still unexplained. I just tried using r7326 and could not get it to freeze when the pig charges.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 16 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   Marya 

So i assume i just overwrite the older version?

User is offline   John Brown 

View PostMarya, on 16 February 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

So i assume i just overwrite the older version?

That's what I did, and everything works fine so far.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options