Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The word might be "imposing" in talent.

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

My new idea on how the hinge works:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The thing that goes over the hinge should probably be rounder but I'm not sure that would look right

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 15 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Since it will be small onscreen and most people probably have no idea how they work or look, details like that may not matter.
Before releasing, be sure to research how to create the UV map for the model. It will make skinning the model a much easier process for someone else.
Making the geometry is the fun part.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What Mark said. By all means make it look accurate, but if they stop to check that your prop model is mechanically correct in the middle of a fire-fight, then you have other problems to deal with!

There should already be red lines on the model in Blender where the UV seams are. To add seams, highlight the edges you want to be a UV seam. Press Cntrl-E and then highlight 'Mark Seam' (hotkey- 'A') on the pop-up menu. To unwrap, press 'U' then choose 'unwrap'. To get a finer look at UV mapping, here is a good tut:

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks. Thats one of the better tuts I've watched.

I can't see the seams most of the time because the blue lines from sharp edges cover up the red from seams.
I have managed to edit and rewrap the model to a design I think is slightly more accurate.

https://www.dropbox....20bomb.zip?dl=0

So there's something really odd going on with the HRP zip. The one from Proasm's site always works, but it seems like after changing almost anything inside the HRP zip, SWP just refuses to use it unless I make another new clean SWP directory. Another oddity is that I was never able to get SWP to pull highres stuff from a regular folder unless the zip was also present. Does anyone know how to create a zip that SWP won't just refuse to use?

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't used a zip file or autoload folder for the HRP for many years. In Eduke32 or SWP. The svn should have everything you need already in it. IIRC.

This post has been edited by Mark: 18 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostMark, on 18 January 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I haven't used a zip file or autoload folder for the HRP for many years. In Eduke32 or SWP. The svn should have everything you need already in it. IIRC.

Svn stopped working too. I take the "highres" folder in the svn and add it to a zip called "Sw_Hrp", and when I put it in my SWP folder, it still won't use it. I've tried using it with the HRP batch and with sw.def added.

I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Is it possible that my computer could be creating the zip files with settings that are incompatible with SWP?

Alright, so I figured out how to get this all to work. HRP.bat and sw.def need to be in the SWP folder as well as the latest version of the HRP zip downloadable from proasm. Now I put my highres folder in, and it works fine.

So, basically you need Sw_Hrp.zip
Doesn't matter what's in Sw_Hrp.zip. As long as you have the highres folder set up correctly, it will only pull stuff from the highres folder
Nothing will work without the authentic Sw_Hrp.zip

I don't understand this but I got it working again so it's all good, lol

User is offline   0815Jack 

so you have your gas granade in-game? Can you post a screenshot?

User is offline   Mark 

There is still the matter of you needing a zip file and I don't. I guess I'll have to download and open that HRP.zip file to see whats actually in it. I'm guessing its a repeat of stuff from the highres folder. Are you running the 4.33beta verson of SWP? The readme file included with the HRP makes no mention of a zip file either.

AH, the old version of the readme in the Proasm HRP is from 2009 and mentions the zip file. That is outdated info.

I'll clean up my SWP project folder and compare it to a fresh download from the svn.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 06:53 AM

View Post0815Jack, on 19 January 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

so you have your gas granade in-game? Can you post a screenshot?

I can't texture, so I just gave it a scaled up version of part of the original tile as a texture.
Posted Image

I need to scale it down a little, but other than that it looks pretty good.

yeah i love it already :)

User is offline   Mark 

I'd like to compare our project folders to see why you seem to need an HRP zip file and I don't.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Main difference I see is Sw.def VS sw_hrp.def in the highres folder

The svn comes with sw_hrp.def

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 19 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I do not the have HRP.bat or HRP.zip Do you run the game from that bat file?
my SWP.exe is 5.29MB your's is 1.4MB
Mine has the texcache and saves folders that your's does not
my sw.def is in the highres folder and not the main folder like yours
So we are still quite different

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Is your install strictly from the svn with your own sw.grp, HRP.bat and HRP.zip files added and nothing else?

Ah, I see why our problems. The svn contains ONLY assets. There is no svn for the entire project waiting to drop in only our own sw,grp file. I thought the svn was the whole thing.

So now we are back to why you need the old HRP.zip and I don't. I don't remember if you answered me before if you are running SWP 4.33 beta2, the latest. If you are still using Proasm's earlier versions then that explains your issues

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I found 4.33 beta3. https://github.com/H...6/SWP/releases/

So it looks to me that we install that version.
download and install the HRP content from the svn, not the Proasm site that uses the bat and zip files.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

4.33 beta3 (and I think all the other versions of 4.33) is extremely unstable and glitchy when run on my computer, so I don't use it.
I'm just using the latest version available on Proasm's site.

Edit:
I tried it again, and now it's working. I very vividly remember trying to use it before and it not working, it kept on garbling up the palette more and more as I played. But I think maybe it was beta 1 or 2 that was doing that, so I just thought 3 was going to do the same.

4.33 still requires that there be a Sw_Hrp.zip in the main directory

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 19 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I have the HRP and use no zip file???

User is offline   Mark 

The SWHRP.zip from Proasm's site is an outdated, older duplicate of what comes from the svn. There should be no reason to use it. I think there is a def file that needs to be moved somewhere in your folder so the assets are loaded without needing the zip

I click on SWP.exe to run the game, no bat file. Do you use the HRP bat file? That could be why you are getting directed to assets differently than I am.

I wish 266 were here. I have a feeling he might tell you the same thing. Nothing from Proasm's site should be needed today. Just 266's SWP and the HRP from the svn and of course your own SW.grp file

I don't know if it has changed in your newest setup but it mentions that sw.def is to be in the root folder if using the .zip but if you are not using the zip leave sw.def in the highres folder only. I saw you had the def in both folders. This was from the old Proasm readme. But as I said before, don't use anything from Proasm for HRP

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

Old one was bothering me

https://www.dropbox....inYang.zip?dl=0

I always thought the blood looked a little orange
(and I noticed that water drops always turned red upon hitting the ground)

So, here's blood with the color corrected: https://www.dropbox....ection.zip?dl=0
(also with water splash sprites)

texture 1710 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1710.png" } }
texture 1710 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1710_13.png" } }
texture 1711 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1711.png" } }
texture 1711 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1711_13.png" } }
texture 1712 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1712.png" } }
texture 1712 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1712_13.png" } }
texture 1713 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1713.png" } }
texture 1713 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1713_13.png" } }
texture 1714 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1714.png" } }
texture 1714 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1714_13.png" } }
texture 1715 { pal 0  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1715.png" } }
texture 1715 { pal 13  { file "highres/sprites/decals/1715_13.png" } }

(I've also noticed we need highres version of tiles 1566-1568 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image)

both are looking awesome.... a pity that the menu is stretched and doesn't keep the 4:3 ratio like eduke32

Great work guys!

I'm excited to see an updated SW HRP pack being worked on!

User is offline   Besli 

View PostNinjakitty, on 25 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Old one was bothering me

https://www.dropbox....inYang.zip?dl=0

Great work! :)

User is offline   Besli 

View Postenderandrew, on 31 January 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Great work guys!

I'm excited to see an updated SW HRP pack being worked on!

Yeah, me too!
I really wonder what happend to this:

Attached File(s)

View PostBesli, on 01 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yeah, me too!

Looks amazing! I've never seen it before, though. Where'd ya see it?

Reminds me of the E3 Lo Wang statue on Joe Siegler's blog
Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostBesli, on 01 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yeah, me too!

Find out who made it and PM them.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options