• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   NNC 

https://www.dsogamin...tails-revealed/

Technically a megawad is a 32 level mod for Doom II, but 9 SP + 9 MP level wad is still great, especially if it will be all Romero. I'm happy with this instead of getting another Daikitana fail.

User is offline   leilei 

For me, Doom isn't 25 until 6PM EST

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This is nice:

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

I loved Carmack's little write-up:

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I really enjoyed that little video. Quite well done and incorporated some community content as well!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That last sentence in John Carmack's message is roughly Ion Maiden's development in a nutshell.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 10 December 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

That last sentence in John Carmack's message is roughly Ion Maiden's development in a nutshell.

Is there a particular feature or set of features you had in mind when you said that, more so than others?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It applies on many levels, as high as using the Build engine and a 256 color palette in 2018.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

IN HELL, I RAGE.

THE STORY SO FAR
Spoiler

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

Happy birthday, Doom. Posted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   leilei 

Happy 25 years DOOM Operating System v0.99!

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 10 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

IN HELL, I RAGE.

Damn. What unfortunate timing for it to come out. Right when my wrist decided to screw me over...

It looks good. I can't play it right now, and probably won't be able to for a while, but as soon as I'm able I'll give this a full playthrough and breakdown. I was really looking forward to this one.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Dead Man Walking for Ashes 2063 was released today, and it was excellent.

EDIT: Even though I just played Ashes: Dead Man Walking for a few hours, I said fuck it and fired up old Doom2 to give In Hell, I Rage a shot. Really fun little romp there Commando. I hope this is the beginning of an episode! I love the idea of using semi-official Doom lore to create new content. I could definitely see what appeared to be some inspiration from Dr. Sleep. My only criticism would be to maybe pay better attention to texturing, there's some misaligned stuff here and there, but no biggie. I also found the atmospheric track kind of distracting, but that's just me. I enjoyed it overall though. Looking forward to more.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 4k: 10 December 2018 - 09:37 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy 4k, on 10 December 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Dead Man Walking for Ashes 2063 was released today, and it was excellent.

EDIT: Even though I just played Ashes: Dead Man Walking for a few hours, I said fuck it and fired up old Doom2 to give In Hell, I Rage a shot. Really fun little romp there Commando. I hope this is the beginning of an episode! I love the idea of using semi-official Doom lore to create new content. I could definitely see what appeared to be some inspiration from Dr. Sleep. My only criticism would be to maybe pay better attention to texturing, there's some misaligned stuff here and there, but no biggie. I also found the atmospheric track kind of distracting, but that's just me. I enjoyed it overall though. Looking forward to more.

Thanks for checking it out Jimmy. I'm glad you had fun there. Yeah, I got a little burned out tweaking the textures, and I thought it would be best to get it released for the 25th once I got the major bugs fixed. I'm thinking I might put up a second upload without my audio track in it as it has been a fairly consistent piece of feedback. I'm a big fan of the Aubrey Hodges stuff and that's why I made and put that track in there, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

I plan to do another map for Doom/Doom 2. I'm sorta... Working my way up the ladder. I quietly said to myself about six months ago I should try and make at least one "solid" map for all the popular games. So I started with my map pack for Wolfenstein 3D, and now I've done two for Doom, and I have one i'm sketching for Quake.... and I have an idea for Duke 3D. I also have my project for Half-Life which basically got tabled early in the year, and i'd love to get that done. I'm probably going to scale that one back down to what I had originally intended, which was a shorter map pack with stock assets. That's really what I want each map to feel like is something that is working with the confines of the original game. In that sense In Hell, I Rage failed for me, because I basically broke the limits with the first area.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 11 December 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Thanks for checking it out Jimmy. I'm glad you had fun there. Yeah, I got a little burned out tweaking the textures, and I thought it would be best to get it released for the 25th once I got the major bugs fixed. I'm thinking I might put up a second upload without my audio track in it as it has been a fairly consistent piece of feedback. I'm a big fan of the Aubrey Hodges stuff and that's why I made and put that track in there, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

It's not terrible, I've never liked the atmospheric stuff for Doom in general. Some people love it though.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 11 December 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

I plan to do another map for Doom/Doom 2. I'm sorta... Working my way up the ladder. I quietly said to myself about six months ago I should try and make at least one "solid" map for all the popular games. So I started with my map pack for Wolfenstein 3D, and now I've done two for Doom, and I have one i'm sketching for Quake.... and I have an idea for Duke 3D. I also have my project for Half-Life which basically got tabled early in the year, and i'd love to get that done. I'm probably going to scale that one back down to what I had originally intended, which was a shorter map pack with stock assets. That's really what I want each map to feel like is something that is working with the confines of the original game. In that sense In Hell, I Rage failed for me, because I basically broke the limits with the first area.

Maybe try getting rid of the animated textures, they're not really necessary and it would make it feel more classic. I'd like to see more Doom content from ya.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Happy Birthday Doom!

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Okay, I want this, make it happen, WB and Bethesda, thx:
https://twitter.com/...415120276086785

User is offline   Malgon 

^There's some hilarious gifs there!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Even though the animation is very simple I love this:

It would be cool to have a "head icon" feature in Eternal with properly animated reactions to combat and movement.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 22 December 2018 - 12:09 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's nice, but having a statusbar taking away a large percentage of screen space just doesn't work any more these days. Still, kudos for the effort.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 December 2018 - 12:13 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 22 December 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

It's nice, but having a statusbar taking away a large percentage of screen space just doesn't work any more these days. Still, kudos for the effort.

Yeah, the status bar is outdated as hell, I only need Doomguy's head being visible while playing. :)

Anyway I love that fans started using classic Doomguy from Quake Champions because that's a nice model indeed:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 22 December 2018 - 12:20 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I hope they take a different road with Eternal modding compared to Doom 2016. Their rudimentary editor allowed creating new maps, but nothing spectacular.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

It got pretty good after the updates.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

We have now released a new version of the Doom High-res Model pack for The Doomsday Engine
Grab it here https://github.com/KuriKai/dhmp

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 23 December 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

fantastic image

Truth be told, I ain't much into Doom. :) Sue me.
But I do love your work. I hope the Doomers will appreciated it.

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

• Polymancer

Cheers! I hope they do too.

User is offline   Mark 

Top notch work from you once again. My power pack has never looked better. Amazing what the right renderer can do.

Its not clear to me where on that link I actually download the pack. I scroll down to DHMP and click download but it takes me to another page and I don't see where to download

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   Hank 

^ did you try this?
https://github.com/K...ki/Installation

worked for me on Doom II

• Polymancer

Unfortunately, I can't edit my original post (sigh).

If you scoll down, there is a download link, which takes you to this page: https://github.com/KuriKai/dhmp/wiki

On there are links to high-res and low-res versions of the pack. The high-res one listed is this link: https://mega.nz/#!kl...1oWCFlHkU4mCHMU

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 23 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

User is offline   KuriKai 

Posted Image
The barrel is now included in the model pack

User is offline   Mark 

I told this to Teamonster too. Get some HRP textures loaded into your test project folders. :)

I know its only test pics but the models don't look right with the lo res backrounds. It takes away from the WOW factor.

This post has been edited by Mark: 24 December 2018 - 05:50 AM

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options