• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTerminX, on 15 December 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Game plays fine on my new 165Hz G-SYNC monitor.

And we all know that the target audience for Ion Maiden is people with 165Hz G-Sync monitors. :)

And well, if you're going for console ports then a massive tearline at the middle of the screen won't look too good just because the engine can't handle vsync.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

So i'm getting confused by certain posts in certain threads here and I just want to clear this up.

Ion Maiden is using Polymost, right?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It uses both polymost and classic; it's up to the player to choose. By contrast, polymer is locked out and cannot be chosen. Although, between various optimisations and improvements such as the new shading system, polymost is getting a slight overhaul, given that it's moved away from the openGL 1.1 spec or whatever it was using originally.

What posts made you think it's not using polymost?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 17 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I hadn't touched it in awhile and forgot you could switch back and forth. For some reason I was thinking it was strictly running Classic/8Bit.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Generally for the purposes of Ion Maiden everything is coded from scratch except that in some cases there is only one way to do something (bits of trig for example). There is a lot more that is not mentioned in the article too. :)

One of the big challenges is having to rip out or work around most of the Duke stuff since the game isn't just a mod. A lot of that stuff is in there deep... and there are some things that always acted as a bit of a crutch that also aren't there or are heavily modified. It requires some nutbars coding sometimes. Lots of sleepless nights.

Additionally as this isn't just my own project with a tiny team and goal but instead quite a large one where I am making tools not only for mappers on the project but also potential future mappers and modders there is a ridiculous amount of planning that goes into almost everything.

I can explain some things here in a bit more detail when the time comes and people have questions if they desire to make their own mods based on IM, but for a dev blog that a lot of folks would read it would go over everyone's heads. Oasiz gave me a list of topics and I tried to write a few paragraphs for each thing in a way that made sense as if said to someone who had no idea what I was talking about until I explained it.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Better yet, you can experience them!

User is offline   Hank 

from their Twitter
Posted Image

:) :( :wub:

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The same image is available from the press kit in lossless quality along with another shot.

User is offline   Mark 

I shouldn't have looked at those fantastic screenshots. The inferiority complex for my mapping skills has returned. :)

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Between this one, and the other screenshots that weren't posted here, I feel I'm getting back more than my $20 investment in return.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostForge, on 20 December 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Between this one, and the other screenshots that weren't posted here, I feel I'm getting back more than my $20 investment in return.

+1

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostForge, on 20 December 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Nope, you could have seen those screenshots for free :)

Jks.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMicky C, on 20 December 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Nope, you could have seen those screenshots for free :)

Maybe.
You don't know which screen-shots, which weren't posted here, that I'm referring to.

Is DavoX as scandalous as we all think he is?
Maaaaaybe.......

User is offline   Master O 

Ion Maiden devs:

If you get the opportunity during Ion Maiden's development, please spoof Dusk.

This post has been edited by Master O: 21 December 2018 - 08:20 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Spoof all the new ones!

I ain't afraid of no Dusk... damn, that's one doomed Amid Evil marine... maybe that one needs work.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 22 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

I ain't afraid of no Dusk... damn, that's one doomed Amid Evil marine... maybe that one needs work.

Btw. I'm playing Amid Evil now and it's sooo good!

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 22 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

damn, that's one doomed Amid Evil marine...

...that's a mediaeval heretic!

User is offline   leilei 

"It's an old-school love-letter to <trademark> and <another trademark>!! Prepare for <1990's year>, <1980's slang>!" - Shirow, D.O.

User is offline   Hank 

never mind!
Cain't even delete one's own posts, in less than a minute? :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

You can't delete posts at all. It's always been this way.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 24 December 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

You can't delete posts at all. It's always been this way.

not 'always'.
it was only after some dick-munch got into a fight with Tx, then went back, deleted all his posts, & denied everything.

• The Sarien Encounter

Huh. Long as I've been here I've not been able to delete my posts anyway.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 December 2018 - 12:16 PM

User is offline   Forge 

It was around 10 years ago - give or take a couple years, so maybe I'm not remembering the actors correctly.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

What does this new (?) "fps offset" setting mean?

Also: I can't seem to turn off the fps limiter in the newest update.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 26 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

User is offline   axl 

It's been a while since I played Ion Maiden, but the first thing I noticed right now is that it has gotten a hell of a lot smoother than the last time I've played it. Performance is excellent. Nice work, guys !

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yeah, there seems to be a fairly large improvement. It's kinda tough for me to judge as I wasn't using KB/M which limited how far I was able to get.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostZaxx, on 26 December 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

What does this new (?) "fps offset" setting mean?

Also: I can't seem to turn off the fps limiter in the newest update.

It lets you offset your max fps by a bit to work more smoothly with G-Sync and Fast Sync.

If you really need the fps limit disabled completely you can type r_maxfps 0 in the console, but keep in mind that you will see some GPU melting framerates at times.

View PostPhredreeke, on 27 December 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yeah, there seems to be a fairly large improvement. It's kinda tough for me to judge as I wasn't using KB/M which limited how far I was able to get.

I assume you're on the latest beta, in which case it's not a placebo.

User is offline   Forge 

I don't know if this has been reported or not, so apologies if it's redundant

the steam beta 3 release. Playing the episode, aside from the very first one at the very beginning of the game, autosaves freeze the game. The music continues to play, but otherwise the game is locked & I have to ctrl-alt-del out of it.
Amd fx 8320
16 gb ram
gtx 650 ti 2gb
7200 HDD
windows 10 pro 16299 x64

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options