Duke4.net Forums: Hollywood Reporter: John Cena in Talks to Star in Duke Nukem - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hollywood Reporter: John Cena in Talks to Star in Duke Nukem

User is offline   gemeaux333 

There it is (although this is obviously not Blue-Ray quality) :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Yep. We know. We heard about it before the movie came out.

It's NOT a good depicting of the character. He could be any mook. He's hazed out by smoke, he's on screen for a split second.

And what kind of a cameo for Duke is it to get blasted to oblivion?

They could have had him in a digital bar, smoking a stogie and give a quick glance at the main character as he walks by. Something at least dignified of the character.

Having him get gibbed and be barely visible is not a good standing for the character, and the only people who care or know it is are the people who knew he was there before they saw the goddamn movie. Of those people, there were stil some who missed his cameo while watching the movie int he theater, because it is literally a blink and you'll miss it cameo.

The scene in the movie is somewhat different from the trailer, making Duke a little more visible...

The fate of Duke in Ready Player One reminds me his lines in Duke Nukem Manhattan Project :
"I can do this the whole day", "So there is life after death" or "Now I am really pissed of" among other

But Duke is not to blame here, rather blame the player using his avatar (he don't make justice to the Duke with his bad performance in-game)...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 13 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

User is offline   Maisth 

A shame he doesn't die crushed by a door.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postgemeaux333, on 13 December 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

The fate of Duke in Ready Player One reminds me his lines in Duke Nukem Manhattan Project :
"I can do this the whole day", "So there is life after death" or "Now I am really pissed of" among other

The problem is it reminds nobody else of that. Because they didn't even know it was him. Because they don't even know who he is. I'm glad you're so pleased with the cameo. Personally, I think it could have been much much more meaningful.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

It reminds me also the Duke's lines in the multi-player mode of Duke Nukem Forever, although I don't have precise example this time... or maybe "Got you, go respawn elsewhere"

But the Oasis is unfair : you got killed, and you have to do everything back from scratch...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 13 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

Even it will be assumingly following the path of Deadpool, I just hope Duke won't be mutilated in every ways like Deadpool...

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 31 December 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Even it will be assumingly following the path of Deadpool, I just hope Duke won't be mutilated in every ways like Deadpool...

Deadpool wasn't mutilated. He was perfect.

I actually meant his body...

But I assume Duke won't have to worry, he have a ego powered device generating a shield around him :( :)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 01 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 01 January 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

I actually meant his body...

...What?

Deadpool's body have been torn appart in every possible and imaginable ways...

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options