Duke4.net Forums: [Beta Release] Sea Sickness by DanM - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Beta Release] Sea Sickness by DanM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

DanM recently uploaded a new beta map that uses TROR and polymer lighting with classic textures.

The map seems mostly playable and is 95% finished. It's missing a few minor things like lift sounds, a bit of polish here and there, the TROR water is slightly glitchy in places due to lack of proper blocking (not game-breaking), and there's some minor use of World Tour textures which would show up as black surfaces in the map.

Listed like this, it may look like there are a lot of issues, but they really are quite minor. Perhaps someone here might take the relatively small amount of time to polish it up? I have very little spare time myself and it's devoted to finishing up the AMC TC.

https://www.moddb.co...s#downloadsform

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 12 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I downloaded it and will check it out some time this week.

So, he's still alive and mapping. When he said moving on to other things I wonder if that meant another Eduke32 project. It would be good to see him back in action. Maybe finish his WGR2 maps. :)

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't get it, it uses World Tour textures and enemies AND TROR? How are you supposed to play it? AFAIK WT doesn't support TROR and the stopgap for EDuke32 doesn't support the enemy.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The world tour enemies were taken out, that screenshot with the firefly is old. Most of the world tour textures were also replaced, but one or two slipped through the net.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

maybe your supposed to copy the wt art files over to your eduke32 directory

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options