Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

Some more Smithsonian updates. The "You are Here" maps are now authentic.

Posted Image

And Metro Mayhem's arcade gets an overhaul.

Posted Image

User is offline   Shelia 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 30 November 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
is this implimented ,yet? looks awesome.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Holy crap. DO WANT!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Are there any legal issues with including DC maps?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMicky C, on 30 November 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

similar to this:
https://steamcommuni...s/?id=789223560

for this AA TC, everything's been modified, or made from scratch. - at least that's what I've been led to believe

*surprised nobody's noticed the difference, besides the decorative tiles

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMicky C, on 30 November 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Even if there were, there's always the option of distributing them as a patch of the original files.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The creators of Duke it out in DC will be credited, of course. I think it's very unlikely that the current copyright holder for DC -- whoever that is -- would tell us to stop, especially since we aren't trying to monetize it. Keep in mind that it's commonplace for Duke mods and TCs to include lots of copyrighted material. Given the history of how such content has been treated, the small number of players, and the fact that DC is abandonware, there is little cause for concern.

Will you change the sprite of Bill Clinton to Trump? and in between each level you see Trump tweet at you? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 December 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

The creators of Duke it out in DC will be credited, of course. I think it's very unlikely that the current copyright holder for DC -- whoever that is -- would tell us to stop, especially since we aren't trying to monetize it. Keep in mind that it's commonplace for Duke mods and TCs to include lots of copyrighted material. Given the history of how such content has been treated, the small number of players, and the fact that DC is abandonware, there is little cause for concern.

Considering that there are 'reskinned' DC and Caribbean maps that have been in steam's WT workshop for over 2 years and nothing's been done about them, not even by gearbox, is probably indicative of the lack of any action that will ever being taken by the copyright holder, or gearbox.

AA3 should reskin Caribbean - give sebab a reason to put a string bikini on Shelly & a banana-hammock on Duke.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 December 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Will you change the sprite of Bill Clinton to Trump? and in between each level you see Trump tweet at you? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Why don't they replace clinton with broussard, and at the end Duke & Shelly have to rescue him from the hamburgler - but george doesn't want to be rescued, so then Shelly has to win a game of strip-poker against george.

User is offline   Mark 

banana-hammock :rolleyes:

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 December 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

We're gonna keep real politics out of it. It's a mod to have fun with. Don't want unnecessary conflict. Clinton and others will be replaced, but with fictional characters.

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 01 December 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Considering that there are 'reskinned' DC and Caribbean maps that have been in steam's WT workshop for over 2 years and nothing's been done about them, not even by gearbox, is probably indicative of the lack of any action that will ever being taken by the copyright holder, or gearbox.

AA3 should reskin Caribbean - give sebab a reason to put a string bikini on Shelly & a banana-hammock on Duke.
sounds like an idea.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 01 December 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

We're gonna keep real politics out of it. It's a mod to have fun with. Don't want unnecessary conflict. Clinton and others will be replaced, but with fictional characters.
Who? president sebabe? XD . Honestly, yeah I think it's a good idea to leave real world politics out...

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I was denied requests for, "Annoying Orange, with Trump Hair", and, "Skeletor with Nancy Pelosi's face".
Probably a good idea to just stay away from the subject. People seem to be overly sensitive these days.
Might make the metascore fall below mediocre, as well.

Still no comments on the two screenshots. Not even about the blatant stuff, like the two different pistols. Lot of inobvious things hidden in plain sight.

Unless I get fired off the beta-testing team, I'll find out sooner rather than later, but I'll ask anyway; What's the deal with Duke holding two different styles of the same model of pistol?

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 01 December 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

I was denied requests for, "Annoying Orange, with Trump Hair", and, "Skeletor with Nancy Pelosi's face".
Probably a good idea to just stay away from the subject. People seem to be overly sensitive these days.
Might make the metascore fall below mediocre, as well.

Still no comments on the two screenshots. Not even about the blatant stuff, like the two different pistols. Lot of inobvious things hidden in plain sight.

Unless I get fired off the beta-testing team, I'll find out sooner rather than later, but I'll ask anyway; What's the deal with Duke holding two different styles of the same model of pistol?
I'd comment on it but apparently quoting post with images in it counts against my rep so....

Forge: What does Metascore have to do with a Duke3D mod?

Yoko: you can just edit out the image tags from the quoted post

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 December 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Forge: What does Metascore have to do with a Duke3D mod?

facetious (fə-sēˈshəs)
adj.
Playfully jocular; humorous: facetious remarks.

User is offline   Shelia 

Anyway on the note of the pistols, could it be a faulty shadow or lighting effect? both models look very similar, but one is almost just a darker version of the other... :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostYoko, on 01 December 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Anyway on the note of the pistols, could it be a faulty shadow or lighting effect? both models look very similar, but one is almost just a darker version of the other... :rolleyes:

Adding what appears to be an under-slide laser-site in front of the trigger-guard is an amazing trick of light.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Now I'm more curious about this apparently new video renderer.

Zoom in on the pachinko machines and tell me what other tricks of light and shadow you see.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 01 December 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Adding what appears to be an under-slide laser-site in front of the trigger-guard is an amazing trick of light.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Now I'm more curious about this apparently new video renderer.

Zoom in on the pachinko machines and tell me what other tricks of light and shadow you see.
Pachinko? :rolleyes: this isn't shadow warrior and those don't look like pachinko machines ,but as of now i don't see anything diffrent other than the 3rd arcade has a blue top.... and it's 'screen' is red.

I looked closer at the pistols and to me they look fairly similar.....almost like their the same model..... :D

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   Forge 

so you don't know how to right-click on an image, copy the image location, open a new tab, paste image location into the address bar, hit enter, then hold down the "right ctrl" and "+" keys until the image is fully zoomed in?

are you browsing this site from a cell phone?

fair enough.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 01 December 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

so you don't know how to right-click on an image, copy the image location, open a new tab, paste image location into the address bar, hit enter, then hold down the "right ctrl" and "+" keys until the image is fully zoomed in?

are you browsing this site from a cell phone?

fair enough.
I did just that and i still don't see anything... No PC and i looked at the images exactly like that i don't see anything or are you talking about the dimmer pokeball on the girl poster thing or the orange spots in the blue carpet on the right side of the picture? ANd HEY who took the Red cross off the health icon and medkit?

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I can see two, maybe three spoofs on the metal gear solid 3 pachinko / pachislot machines on the wall.
You aren't even trying.
In the off chance event that you succeed in finding your way to noticing them, the distributor name reflects my sentiments towards your efforts of item recognition and differentiation at this particular moment.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

User is offline   Shelia 

is there something wrong with making a joke about Konami? Or are you talking about the LGM in the supposed claw machine Yeah I'm lost... i never was good at this sort of thing.... Andross? and i suppose there's a metroid or mario refence in the slots? or another nintendo game refrence?

I'll let you know right out I wasn't big into nintendo in my early childhood as i had a Sega genesis instead of a Nintendo system and i wasn't into the Starfox series till "Adventures"

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

User is offline   Forge 

ドミオアリガトミーロボ ト

User is offline   Shelia 

In that case the LGM or the little green alien in the claw machine seems kinda out of place with the overall theme of the arcade room...I can't find any link between konami and pixar..... unless that's the link.

This post has been edited by Yoko: 01 December 2018 - 11:37 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Very cool! That's a great choice. Also love the sexy tour-guide. Does she have additional behaviors like the other civilians in the mod or does she just stand at the sign?

Posted Image

Is that arcade sign still deadly? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Mark 

View PostYoko, on 01 December 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

I'd comment on it but apparently quoting post with images in it counts against my rep so....

I think you got a downvote because you re-posted those images even though yours was the first post immediately after the pics. If the original pics were at the top of the page and your reply was many posts further down or the pics were on a previous page it makes sense to repost the pics. But there is no need to duplicate it if your's is the next post. You're not the only one that does it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 December 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

Is that arcade sign still deadly? :rolleyes:

Deadly? In what way?
Asking for a beta-tester friend.

User is offline   Shelia 

View PostForge, on 02 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Deadly? In what way?
Asking for a beta-tester friend.
i would think it'd be like touching an electric socket in the game....

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options