Duke4.net Forums: What have you watched lately ? - Duke4.net Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you watched lately ?  "... movie, TV show [may contain spoilers]"

User is offline   Malgon 

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, An American Werewolf in London, The Blob and Enemy Mine all over the weekend. Pretty much first time viewing for all of them.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dracula Untold (2014). Pretty good. I'd watch a sequel.

User is offline   Malgon 

And Now for Something Completely Different, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Meaning of Life, Mortal Kombat and Gremlins.

User is offline   Jim 

So what did you guys think of Overlord? Is it the Wolfenstein movie that we want?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Flatliners (2017)
I know what you did last summer (1997)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Last Week
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006)

Few days ago
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Today
No Tell Motel (2013)

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

X-Files: My Struggle Parts 3 & 4.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ok, I've been completely out of the loop. I had no idea they filmed a season 11 a year ago. Holy crap how did I miss that?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   Engel220 

I’ve been on an X-Files binge the last 10 days and I wish I’d started watching it years ago. So much good stuff.

User is offline   Jeff 

I haven't seen the rest of season 11, but I wanted to watch the mythology stuff first.

There is talk that Gillian Anderson is leaving after this season, so not sure if they're going to do another season or not.

• The Sarien Encounter

Well what would be the point without her? They tried it without David before and that didn't go so well from what I remember.

Did Agent Doggett ever come back yet? I know Reyes did.

User is offline   Jeff 

Nope, they did ask Robert Patrick, but he was busy doing other things.

User is offline   Malgon 

Watched Candyman and Fright Night last night, and The Fog and They Live today.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Sabrina (2018)

User is offline   Malgon 

Just finished watching Escape from L.A..

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I saw Escape from L.A.. a while ago,. is a good one

• The Sarien Encounter

Ant Man & The Wasp. Good as usual.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 December 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Ant Man & The Wasp. Good as usual.

Rewatched that too ... because 26 hours and 10 minutes until Avengers - Endgame for me (Germany is two days ahead of the US for that movie and we have a midnihtd screening at our local small town cinema).

• The Sarien Encounter

The family and I finally watched Wonder Woman for the first time and we all resoundingly agree that it's way better than the hot trash that was Captain Marvel. Gal Gadot actually emotes feeling and makes you feel something in turn while Brie Larson just comes off as an emotionless hack with an uppity attitude throughout the entire movie whose job it seems was to make herself superior to everyone else. (all this without even getting into er extra-cinematic activity and conversation) She just sucks as an actress in this role completely.

I've heard many people say that the last third of WW went off the rails and isn't as good as the rest. I don't know if it's because it veers away from the comics or what but I don't agree with this myself. It was great all the way through.

• The Sarien Encounter

Avengers Endgame

Satisfying conclusion. Lots of fun. Almost if not as good as Infinity War. Actually they're probably equal all things considered. Infinity War did some things better than Endgame and vice versa. This film has better characterization for the core 6 for instance. The action in both was really good. Nothing matches the Dr. Strange magical combat in Infinity War, though. Captain America didn't do much in Infinity War, though, and he really has a role here. There was one really heavy handed scene in Endgame but it was over quickly.

Also Brie Larson didn't ruin the movie. So there's that.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I should give Infinity War a go sometime, missed when it was on screen, but I gotta say stand alone movies about characters themselves (for the most part) were better than Avengers movies. Iron Man is my favorite one, watched two of them and enjoyed both quite a lot, especially the first one. Not sure why Iron Man exactly though. Thor movies were meh surprisingly.

Still, was Thanos motivation to impress Death like in comics? I was very curious about it the most.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 27 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostSledgehammer, on 27 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Still, was Thanos motivation to impress Death like in comics? I was very curious about it the most.

No, completely different.

Also, to everyone, please don't spoil the Endgame.

Don't do it.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I watched Endgame last night. I can finally use the Internet again. Infinity War + Endgame are great movies. I remember watching Age of Ultron in theaters and that movie just sucked so bad. But the final Avengers films are great.

User is offline   Mark 

I saw it yesterday in 3D. They kept the humorous banter down a bit, which is a good thing, with the exception of a scene with Thor about "who is boss". I thought it would be tough sitting through a 3 hour movie plus all the trailers and commercials but it turned out OK. It sucks that I didn't look ahead of time if there was a post-credit trailer. I sat almost 14 minutes for nothing.

User is offline   Malgon 

I also saw Endgame last night and found it pretty enjoyable overall. It feels strange that the storyline is actually completed as I can remember reading about all the planned phases for all the upcoming movies and early ideas and thinking it would take forever to get to this point, and yet here we are and it doesn't really feel like 11 years has passed. As much as I enjoyed it all these years, I'm not sure how invested I'll be in Phase 4 (as it seems to be currently called everywhere I can see) of the MCU or any future movies though and I'm wondering whether the average moviegoer will be as well, especially if they happen to introduce another storyline that spans as many years. Rumours are that the future movies not be grouped into phases (so perhaps no overarching storyline) and will be quite different from what we've seen with the way it's been done, so it may work out, but it's obvious that Marvel is aware of people being burnt out on the formula, and surely they would be aware that fatigue in general from comic book movies will have to set in at some point. Realistically how long can it actually go for? What do you guys think?

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, there are no post-credits scenes after the credits in this movie. Just at the very very end when the Marvel Studios logo comes up you can hear a clanging which is supposed to be a callback to the clanging Tony Stark made when building his first Iron Man suit from the first Iron Man movie.

View PostSledgehammer, on 27 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I should give Infinity War a go sometime, missed when it was on screen, but I gotta say stand alone movies about characters themselves (for the most part) were better than Avengers movies. Iron Man is my favorite one, watched two of them and enjoyed both quite a lot, especially the first one. Not sure why Iron Man exactly though. Thor movies were meh surprisingly.

I agree that the first two Avengers movies were just ok. I never got the whole hype for the first one at all really. It was everywhere and everyone was freaking out. I was just like "so what?" I was never a big Marvel guy beyond Spiderman, though. So I didn't get it at all. But yeah, Infinity War and Endgame are a cut above the Joss Whedon Avengers movies for sure and reeled me, a non-fan, right in. Don't let that stigma hold you back. Infinity War is something special indeed. Both it and Endgame were directed by the Russo brothers who directed CA Winter Soldier and CA Civil War which were fantastic as well.

View PostMalgon, on 27 April 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

I also saw Endgame last night and found it pretty enjoyable overall. It feels strange that the storyline is actually completed as I can remember reading about all the planned phases for all the upcoming movies and early ideas and thinking it would take forever to get to this point, and yet here we are and it doesn't really feel like 11 years has passed. As much as I enjoyed it all these years, I'm not sure how invested I'll be in Phase 4 (as it seems to be currently called everywhere I can see) of the MCU or any future movies though and I'm wondering whether the average moviegoer will be as well, especially if they happen to introduce another storyline that spans as many years. Rumours are that the future movies not be grouped into phases (so perhaps no overarching storyline) and will be quite different from what we've seen with the way it's been done, so it may work out, but it's obvious that Marvel is aware of people being burnt out on the formula, and surely they would be aware that fatigue in general from comic book movies will have to set in at some point. Realistically how long can it actually go for? What do you guys think?

Yeah, I'm done after this. I'll watch Spiderman Far From Home when it comes out on video (which is supposed to be the actual end of phase 3), but I ain't going to the theaters anymore. I think it's all downhill from here. I will catch another Dr. Strange movie, though.

User is offline   Noddy 

The Orville, season 2, it's great, much better than Star Trek Discovery.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Finally saw Endgame with a friend. Pretty good movie, didn't even want to look at my watch out of boredom and now I want to get my hands on Antman 2. Gotta watch that along with IW too.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 29 April 2019 - 05:23 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostNoddy, on 29 April 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

The Orville, season 2, it's great, much better than Star Trek Discovery.

Yes! Though, anything is better than Star Trek Discovery. According to what I've heard, it's simply terrible writing in general, Star Trek franchise and sci-fi storytelling itself aside.

Especially that Identity two parter. Fantastic. And the latest episodes. It truly is the new Star Trek. I can't state enough how into it I have become. Really fills a void.

User is offline   Mark 

I watched one episode of Orville and almost 2 of Star Trek. I liked them both but I guess not enough to continue watching every week. Up til lately I was a fan of all the ST series.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options