Duke4.net Forums: [Mod] ---- Mr The Killer -- Episode 2 : Randomaniac ---- - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Mod] ---- Mr The Killer -- Episode 2 : Randomaniac ----  "A new adventure of the autistic hitman disguised as Death!"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm finding progression quite difficult in this episode compared to the first one, where there are several times when it's not clear where I need to go and what I need to do. For example, in the 2nd level I used the yellow key to enter a flower room, and I have no idea what to do next. I can't see anything to pick up or do inside the room itself.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

A flower room doesn't sound familiar, so I don't think I went that way.

A screenshot might help.

User is offline   Seb Luca 

The second episode had some pretty neat effects, but overall it was a bit too short.
so I don't think I went that way.

Thank you very much for your test and your patience :wub:
There are fewer levels, but they are richer. And there are 27 possible ways to finish episode 2. That's the concept.
See, below, the flower room. This is just one of the many things you did not see, because you did not really complete episode 2: you did not see all the rooms yet :D

For example, in the 2nd level I used the yellow key to enter a flower room, and I have no idea what to do next. I can't see anything to pick up or do inside the room itself.

It seems that I have failed to make clear what to do with rusty plates. Shoot or hit them until they break, they change their appearance as you hit them. See below.

Posted Image

Ok ! I'm going to make some small holes in the plate, so that the players'll can see that there is space behind it :rolleyes:

EDIT : Done ! :)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 17 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

The design/attention to details is a big improvement over the 1st episode. And like Micky C said, it's hard to navigate sometimes. I don't finished it yet, but I think it's safe to say that Episode 2 is better than Episode 1. :rolleyes:

I undersand why everybody's busy right now. I wanted to release my game during this time too, but looking at this episode's reception, it doesn't look like the best time for release.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

My issue wasn't so much realizing the steel plates could be damaged and destroyed, it was that it was a slow process and somewhere during the 100 stabs I'd hit 'use' and make the elevator go down.

As for the episodes. I agree that the second episode is more detailed, but the gimmick of making paths optional only adds so much to the game. Even though the maps were significantly larger, replaying it 27 times isn't really that desirable. The maps were well done, but single, larger maps can limit the variety of environments encountered. The episode 2 maps did quite all with changing the scenery occasionally, but still overall it made the episode "feel" quite a bit shorter.

User is offline   Seb Luca 

The design/attention to details is a big improvement over the 1st episode.

I wanted to release my game during this time too, but looking at this episode's reception, it doesn't look like the best time for release.

Yes ! It's all the genius of this game, its dual function: a game, and a successometer. It measures the level of success that a publication may encounter.
MTK also guarantees the return of the beloved woman and it makes the hair grow back :rolleyes:

it was a slow process and somewhere during the 100 stabs

Sorry it seemed so painstaking. However, there are few of these plates in the game, and I like to think that a tougher hurdle from time to time offers variety :wub:

replaying it 27 times isn't really that desirable

Not false :D :D But it may not be the same day; nor the same year

Thank you for your comments and for the time offered to the Killer Posted Image

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 20 November 2018 - 11:04 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options