• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMarphy Black, on 18 August 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

You play as an unnamed male scientist. You can find Azian if you look around for her. Author confirmed this here.

that's kinda dumb, it should of been her. it gave some external motivation to the story, now it just feels like random bullshit with references to future episodes for no reason.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Does this really matter the PC is NOT Eli's wife or it's not about her story, seriously?

No offense, but this sounds like you just too disappointed because you expected something the author never promised, and complain to the author because you think it should be something better than that.

:(

User is offline   Jblade 

we're having a conversation, I'm allowed to talk about the story of a mod just released.

all I said was I thought the voice over at the end meant you were playing as her. I went into the mod knowing nothing with zero expectations; as far as I knew whilst playing it you were just a random male scientist. I'm voicing my personal opinion on the story, and I shouldn't get jumped on for that. People shit over my mod and I have to take it like a man, you don't need to defend the guy's work for him (and I'm not even shitting on the damn thing, I thought it was good!)

you've misunderstood my point/intentions and are turning this into an argument. I want to talk about this and enjoy talking but for some reason it's being interpreted as some kind of attack and not just having a light conversation about a mod for a 20 year old game's story.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 20 August 2018 - 04:41 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Not sure why but I didn't meant to start an argument, however, since you (and maybe others) think it is so I guess my wording needed some improves, if you feel being attacked then I'm sorry about that.

I guess "No offense" wasn't enough...and now thinking again, it made me looks like jerk now.

I actually respected all people's opinion(s), agreed or not, but if I disagreed, mostly I would just say nothing(mostly because my English is not so fluent to let me explain my intentions) or try not say something stupid, I guess I got triggered by "that's kinda dumb" sentence, and then just wrote that shit for no reasons, but it still a bad excuse I think.

Again, I do not want an argument here, because it'll never going be well, already see a lot of those on here and other forums. If you feel being offended/attacked then I sincerely say : Sorry.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 21 August 2018 - 02:54 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

it's cool, no worries man - I just wrote it in an fairly aggressive way since I visit 4chan too much :( I did enjoy the mod, that's all that matters - I'm just a bit too critical of stories in the stuff I play that's all.

User is offline   Newken 

Half-Life: Echoes Low-Def Pack :rolleyes:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It was inevitable.

User is offline   X-Vector 

I love the enlarged scale and the amount of detail, especially during the first few minutes, but I don't enjoy the overly dark shadows (mostly in the outdoor scene) and the lack of colour diversity.
Frame rate also seems on the low side (more so in the Bolloxed video).

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Art dump over on Polycount:

https://polycount.co...comment/2651050

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 06 October 2018 - 01:59 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Some rumors (still only that: RUMORS)

https://uploadvr.com...dset-half-life/

"We’ve also heard the field of view will be 135° with “Vive Pro resolution.” It may also come bundled with ‘Knuckles’ controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game that could be a prequel rather than the much-anticipated Half-Life 3."

User is offline   VGA 

Ehhhh, how many recreations of the same maps will we have? I think these are just people trying to get their foot in the door in the videogame business. How about creating something original in the HL universe and not put so much effort into the tram ride?

EDIT: Talking about the video above.

This post has been edited by VGA: 12 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Gotta love Clint.

We're also going to be getting a video from Ol' Marphy from what I read on Twitter. Looking forward to that.

User is offline   Loke 

Azure Sheep demo released (Black Mesa retail version is required): https://www.moddb.co...e-demo-released

• The Sarien Encounter

Ooooh. And before Operation Black Mesa. Course, there's less to add as well.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 November 2018 - 07:00 AM

User is offline   VGA 

Omg I hope Black Mesa becomes a platform for single player modding, I have already bought it. I hope it's released this holiday.

Yes, I know, I am setting myself up for disappointment :rolleyes:

• The Sarien Encounter

Well, it kind of already was with the initial Surface Tension Uncut mod (now part of the retail game I believe) and On A Rail Uncut. I think someone made the Hazard Course too. I guess not much else was done other than that, though.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostLoke, on 18 November 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Azure Sheep demo released (Black Mesa retail version is required): https://www.moddb.co...e-demo-released

I'm hesitant about this one. I was really not a fan of the original...

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

In the Antipodes, Half-Life just turned 20! Danny O'Dwyer will be releasing a documentary about the game's development and impact tomorrow. I was immersed when first playing it that I apparently lowered my head while crouching in-game (something my dad still gives me shit about from time to time, lol). Such a wonderful game and certainly one of the best debut games from a new studio ever.

User is offline   Malgon 

20 years. Wow, feels like yesterday. :rolleyes:

User is offline   ---- 

And for the 20th birthday of HL ... <drumroll> ... Valve releases news for ... <dramatic pause> ... an unrelated card game that costs $20 and you also have to pay to unlock new cards. :rolleyes:

View PostMalgon, on 18 November 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

20 years. Wow, feels like yesterday. :D

And I just sat down for my morning cigarette and thought about the young-teenager-memories I have about HL ... when I realized that I was was 25 when I first played it.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 19 November 2018 - 12:37 AM

• Judge Mental

Here's to 20 years Half-Life.

View Postfuegerstef, on 18 November 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

And for the 20th birthday of HL ... <drumroll> ... Valve releases news for ... <dramatic pause> ... an unrelated card game that costs $20 and you also have to pay to unlock new cards. :rolleyes:

Damn. Out of touch much, Valve?

View Postfuegerstef, on 18 November 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

And I just sat down for my morning cigarette and thought about the young-teenager-memories I have about HL ... when I realized that I was was 25 when I first played it.

Haha. I was, I think... 11 or 12 when I first played it, I think it was either late late 1999 or early 2000.

It's still a fun game, but i'd so love to go back and play it again when it was fresh. That was such an eye opening experience. That world felt so real, so alive.

User is offline   MetHy 

What's the big deal about Azure Sheep that it gets a remake? I just tried playing the original and just gave up. Senseless and unnecessary convulated level layouts: I never know if where I'm going is the right path or if I'm backtracking through a B path, + the mod keeps misleading me with what feels like a thousand dead ends, or sometimes even lock for doors that look like they need another guard to open but the guard won't get anywhere close; early on the mod gives me ammo for weapons I don't have and keeps giving me armor for the HEV suit which I don't have either, to the point that I wonder if I missed all those things; more than half of the enemy encounters are "fuck you" in your face or in your back enemy placement (sometimes both at the same time), and architecture is simplistic while the scale of rooms often feels wrong.
It has a few "cool moments" with Freeman but even then it feels wrong to see him drive an expensive sports car and not to help free him when he's captured.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 19 November 2018 - 04:24 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I like it:

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

I like it:

#MeToo

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 November 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

Damn. Out of touch much, Valve?

Well, you can also win additional cards in tournaments ... but of course you need tickets to enter these tournaments ... and these tickets cost money. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 19 November 2018 - 05:18 AM

View PostMetHy, on 19 November 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

What's the big deal about Azure Sheep that it gets a remake? I just tried playing the original and just gave up. Senseless and unnecessary convulated level layouts: I never know if where I'm going is the right path or if I'm backtracking through a B path, + the mod keeps misleading me with what feels like a thousand dead ends, or sometimes even lock for doors that look like they need another guard to open but the guard won't get anywhere close; early on the mod gives me ammo for weapons I don't have and keeps giving me armor for the HEV suit which I don't have either, to the point that I wonder if I missed all those things; more than half of the enemy encounters are "fuck you" in your face or in your back enemy placement (sometimes both at the same time), and architecture is simplistic while the scale of rooms often feels wrong.
It has a few "cool moments" with Freeman but even then it feels wrong to see him drive an expensive sports car and not to help free him when he's captured.

I think the "being forced to fight without armor" warrants a dedicated callout because that makes the fights so much damn worse.

• The Sarien Encounter

My only complaint about Blue Shift was that it was so short. I loved it. Course, at the time any chance I could get to play something new in the Half-Life universe I jumped on. I enjoyed it, though. But I do dislike "defend the time limit" sequences, of which there's a big one at the end. Oh well.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

My only complaint about Blue Shift was that it was so short. I loved it. Course, at the time any chance I could get to play something new in the Half-Life universe I jumped on. I enjoyed it, though. But I do dislike "defend the time limit" sequences, of which there's a big one at the end. Oh well.

Wait Blue Shift? Where'd that come from

I feel like I missed a post somewhere...

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 19 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Ohhh, Azure Sheep is a fanmade mod, isn't it. I was confusing it for Guard Duty, I think it's called, or whatever. The remake of Blue Shift in Source. I don't think I've ever played Azure Sheep actually...

Don't mind me.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 November 2018 - 08:42 AM

• Judge Mental

Azure Sheep was also made by some of the same dudes who made the Point of View mod, too, and it shows in the level design in particular. That dude was always making large mazes. It's irritating. I could never get far in AS because of the level design.

Legit tears, Marphy. It's been a long road, man...

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options