Duke4.net Forums: [Mod] ---- Mr The Killer -- Episode 2 : Randomaniac ---- - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Mod] ---- Mr The Killer -- Episode 2 : Randomaniac ----  "A new adventure of the autistic hitman disguised as Death!"

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Posted Image

Size : 118 Mo

Language : English

Duration : undefined

Content: a second Episode (3 Levels)

Previously: Episode 1

Trailer :

Synopsis :

You love money too much! You have come back to this country, which you had so much trouble fleeing, to execute a new contract. :rolleyes: What did you expect? No sooner have you stayed to the hotel than the police are already on your trail!

To make matters worse, you did not come to the easiest region to escape: you are in the dark city of Randomaniac! Here, the levels all have three possible random configurations. This is therefore a lot of ways to be envisaged for organize a leak, you fool! This episode consists of three levels, this is no less than (3x3x3) 27 possible ways to live this adventure unnecessarily perilous! :wub:

But do not lose hope! Get ready for a new getaway and many new challenges. And with a bit of luck, the target you came to shoot may be on your way ... :D

Other Informations :

Chance also affects the nature of certain items/enemies popping during the game; this nevertheless takes into account the level of difficulty chosen :)

I made it with passion. I hope you will enjoy playing it :D

Web Site : http://www.mrthekiller.com

Download : Click me

References :

- The phrase "You weak, pathetic fool" is a reference to Mortal Kombat 2.
- The Ammo Boxes are a tribute to Doom.

Space-Saving-Screenshots® :

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 31 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I like the street screenshot a lot. The reflective building makes it look very realistic.

I just downloaded the mod. However, I still have other maps and mods pending to play, so it will have to wait a bit.

Thank you (in advance, so) for giving a part of your time to my little Killer :D Hope you'll have fun !
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 01 November 2018 - 09:34 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Completed the episode 2, too bad it's shorter than first one.

Randomness on each play isn't too bad for replay value but I hope it's not the reason why this episode only 3 levels, since 3 level has 3 different level layouts so it's not that bad. :rolleyes:, it still good to play and the final boss battle is tricky but not too hard.

New weapons isn't bad, I love the transform-to-chick-gun, barely found secrets since they're hidden well I think, after all, this episode still neat.

Uh...are you plan to do episode 3 or more? :D

Thank you very much for taking the time to test the game, and also for your answer Posted Image
This topic was too quiet, I started to worry :rolleyes:

I hope it's not the reason why this episode only 3 levels

It is! :D Each level contains three sets of random paths between common areas. These paths are open or closed according to the "random mode" decided at the beginning (by shooting the "?" actor). These paths are all unique and offer their own challenge. That's why a level of "Randomaniac" is longer and harder to make than a standard level, and also why there are only three. Fewer, but richer :wub:

Uh...are you plan to do episode 3 or more?

I don't know. I thought rather to make a usermap from time to time. We'll see ! :)

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostSeb Luca, on 02 November 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to test the game, and also for your answer Posted Image
This topic was too quiet, I started to worry :rolleyes:

It is! :D Each level contains three sets of random paths between common areas. These paths are open or closed according to the "random mode" decided at the beginning (by shooting the "?" actor). These paths are all unique and offer their own challenge. That's why a level of "Randomaniac" is longer and harder to make than a standard level, and also why there are only three. Fewer, but richer :wub:

I don't know. I thought rather to make a usermap from time to time. We'll see ! :)

You should make a tribute to Blood in the same style as this :D That would be very interesting to play.

View PostTekedon, on 02 November 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

You should make a tribute to Blood in the same style as this :D That would be very interesting to play.

I don't like to reproduce existing licenses, to create "fangames", "fanfictions", etc. I prefer to create my own worlds, characters, and concepts. :rolleyes: It's my amusement

I cause a little Up for the weekend.

It is out of the question to offer 4 months of work and to see it already fall into oblivion Posted Image :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 10 November 2018 - 12:39 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

I love it so far. <3 Haven't had time to play it much yet sadly but I will soon.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I think the mod doesn't get more attention because of the title of the thread:

Posted Image

The beginning is the same as the first episode's thread, so people might think we're still talking about the first one.

Also, creating a page in ModDB about Mr The Killer would be a good idea to attract more people.

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 12 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

It's a bad time of year. Everyone is busy.

User is offline   Mark 

I've got both installed and ready to play. I just need to break away from my own project long enough to play them. I agree with the earlier statement. When I downloaded the 2nd one it said I already had a copy. Thats because it was named the same as the 1st.

After watching the genius effects in the videos posted I know I will like both games a lot.

This post has been edited by Mark: 12 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

@Tekedon : Thank you so much! Posted Image

@Perro Seco : I thought I had posted so much during development that this question would not have been asked :D
I didn't know that site :rolleyes: Thank you ! I gonna do that asap!

@Forge : People are tired after Halloween and preparing for Christmas? :) Or is it the hibernation season that does this? :wub:

@Mark : The game folder is the same as the 1. This is not a new game: it's still MTK, but with a second episode inside.
It's even nicer to offer your time to the killer. Thank you Posted Image
This episode 2 can be completed in + - 45 minutes.

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 12 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

User is offline   Mark 

"So I see" said the blind man.

:rolleyes: ??

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 13 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   Mark 

You explained something to me that I didn't know. Now I see it. The full quote is "So I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw." Just an old pun from long ago.

Ok, my bad. But I am neither an ophthalmologist nor an archaeologist. So, do not ask me too much please :rolleyes:

User is offline   Mark 

:rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

Meuh Meuh Meuh

User is offline   Forge 

Episode 1.
Couple of issues that made me have to load saves. Once I had to redo level 4 and 5.

There's an occasional issue where some things don't trigger like they're supposed to. After riding the sky trolley and going into the basement of the research facility there was supposed to be a tram that circles the room the player is in. The objective is to shoot the buttons on the tram through a window. The tram never apperead and a reload was required. I had a save right before the red key-locked garage in level 4. Not that big of deal.
Towards the end of the fifth map there's a large red gate. After finding the blue key, a computer lab is entered and a scientist has to be shot to trigger the gate opening. Using a bullet weapon doesn't appear to work; only shooting him with the rocket launcher seems to make the gate activator function like it's supposed to. I had to start from the level 4 garage again. That time it was annoying.

Otherwise it was pretty neat. I like the retro look with pastel colors. The environment was engaging and immersive.

Mhiiiii :D Thank you for your comment!

It is very strange that the wheelhouse with the buttons did not appear. This is the first time this has happened, as far as I know :rolleyes: Maybe it's an interference with your version of Eduke?

For the second problem, there was no bug... the trigger is not the scientist :) As explained in the directives of the level 5 : the target was the group of electic cable that had to be cut. These cables are near the scientist. That's why the explosion worked: the cables were inside its hitradius :wub:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSeb Luca, on 15 November 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Mhiiiii :D Thank you for your comment!

It is very strange that the wheelhouse with the buttons did not appear. This is the first time this has happened, as far as I know :rolleyes: Maybe it's an interference with your version of Eduke?

I played using the eduke32 that came with the download & launched using the supplied bat.
I have no idea why the tram didn't make laps during that playthrough, as I don't know the clipping code & couldn't go look.

View PostSeb Luca, on 15 November 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

For the second problem, there was no bug... the trigger is not the scientist :) As explained in the directives of the level 5 : the target was the group of electic cable that had to be cut. These cables are near the scientist. That's why the explosion worked: the cables were inside its hitradius :wub:

Derp! Okay.
The 1st time I shot everyone in that room with a shotgun, tried to cut the cable with the knife & nothing happened.
The second time I wasn't in a mood to fiddle around, so I blasted everyone in that room with a rocket - when the scientist dies the gate opened - that's why I thought it was the scientist & not the wall art.

On the second episode - i understand there's supposed to be a bit of a random aspect, but I've played it three times, & three times now I dead end in a vent shaft & nowhere else to go. I guess I'm none too bright when it comes to this TC.

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

tried to cut the cable with the knife & nothing happened.

One shot is not enough :rolleyes:

a vent shaft

May I please have a screen, or more indication about the place concerned ?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSeb Luca, on 16 November 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

One shot is not enough :rolleyes:

May I please have a screen, or more indication about the place concerned ?

I stabbed the shit out of it. (and then everything else on that wall). I figured since I had the wheelhouse glitch earlier - this was the same thing. I also shot it a few times with the pistol out of frustration, but I didn't think about shooting it with the rocket launcher (I don't know why I didn't, other than it simply never occurred to me to do so).

I never saved an episode 2 map. I didn't get far enough to bother. iirc one time the bathtub lowered into the floor - went down to the end of the passage (not the secret passage) and it ended in a brownish wall - stabbed the shit out of it, but there was nothing else to do. Another time, after i was messing with the four-button puzzle in the bathroom, I was dropped into a cellar with a lot of pipes, went up the lift & the vent shaft ended at what looked like the back of frosted glass or something. Stabbed the shit out of it, but there was nothing else to do.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

I have the impression that there is a problem with Eduke on your computer. You describe two different paths that are not supposed to meet. :rolleyes:

The bathroom, with the cashier in the cloakroom and the bathtub that goes down into the ground, is a set of sectors that lie on top of those that constitute the cellar with the pipes.
You seem to have... crossed the ground !! :D This is no more normal and common than the problem with the three-buttons cart ...

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Forge 

It's the eduke that came with the game - it's extracted to it's own directory & ran with the supplied bat file. Nothing else should be interfering.

played it one more time - again the tub went into the floor, ended up at the back of the elevator. Don't know if trying to use the back of the elevator did anything - made some elevator noise, but that's it. Nothing moved & if there was supposed to be a new elevator switch to replace the sparking one, I couldn't find it. Nothing else opened up that I could find after re-exploring the vents, the two apartments, and hallway four or five times.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

Fuck! Yes ! I understand the problem :rolleyes:

At the end of the aeration, there is a rusty metal plate. It must be shot several times to destroy it and enter the elevator.

By placing yourself against this plate and pressing SPACE, you have activated the button that is in the elevator and activates it ... So, even if you have destroyed the plate you are blocked by the side of the elevator ... Sorry for that :D :wub: :)

Try SLPASS ( = DNCLIP)

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Okay - that worked and that's what the problem was.

Takes a lot of ammo though, had to fight a couple cops (& the dual-weapon one) with a knife when I got to the bottom of the elevator.

(had to replay a couple times - the first half-dozen times I get option #1 - I go back to check what you said & it gives me option #3 :rolleyes: )

Okay ! I stay connected a while in case of problems :D

I go back to check what you said & it gives me option #3

:rolleyes: The spell is stubborn!

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Everything else seemed to work just fine and I finished it.

The second episode had some pretty neat effects, but overall it was a bit too short.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options