Duke4.net Forums: Elan Musk podcast aftermath - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Elan Musk podcast aftermath

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Wow, what world of pussies we live in. Elan Musk was on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, and people are flipping their shit, selling shares and freaking out.

http://www.dailymail...ce-podcast.html

Here's the podcast itself:

I watch Joe Rogan's podcasts regularly, and this one was pretty much par for the course. The fact that people would react so negatively to this shows what pussies they are.

Elan Musk is a brilliant engineer and innovator, he's not charismatic and he's not good at PR. Once you understand that, there's nothing about this which should be upsetting to anyone.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What do they have such a problem with?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

tobacco

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

He smoked some weed during the podcast.

I'm pretty sure the podcast was filmed in a state that legalized recreational marijuana use, so it should be a non-issue--this is the equivalent of having a beer. Unfortunately, as Dan pointed out, some people are complete pussies.

P.s. I took bong rips while writing this post. Suck it, pussies.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTerminX, on 07 September 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

He smoked some weed during the podcast.

I'm pretty sure the podcast was filmed in a state that legalized recreational marijuana use, so it should be a non-issue--this is the equivalent of having a beer. Unfortunately, as Dan pointed out, some people are complete pussies.

P.s. I took bong rips while writing this post. Suck it, pussies.

Yeah it was in LA where they both live and Rogan explicitly pointed out that the pot was legal multiple times.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 September 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yeah it was in LA where they both live and Rogan explicitly pointed out that the pot was legal multiple times.

Then everyone complaining about it is twice as much of a pussy as I already thought they were.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Man, I never want to get famous.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

^ not so, as per Reuters
https://www.reuters....e-idUKKCN1LN2OP

Still, Tesla took a hit, because yet another heavy weight left
https://www.marketwa...quit-2018-09-07

The mass media, is as usual, in the fake news territory, IMHO. Considering the greed of investors, some CEO smoking pot, or drinking whisky would not change the bottom line.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Doesn't matter what the news says or USAF spokespeople say. Smoking marijuana is a federal crime. Committing a federal crime in the open, undeniably, puts the federal government in a weird place when they're your employer. Of course the government is going to deny any open investigation. That's what they always do. Hopefully nothing comes from it, Elon is an invaluable asset to our country and the world. If we don't keep him, someone else will scoop him up. I don't think Trump would let that happen as he appears to find Sessions' stance on marijuana laughable, which it is.

User is offline   Hank 

My understanding is that the Federal Law, against using pot, applies to only enlisted members of the military?

My guess is, after watching the pod cast myself, peeps from the mass media could not follow his train of thoughts, the only thing they understood, was, when he smoked, and they finally had something to blab about. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 08 September 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

My understanding is that the Federal Law, against using pot, applies to only enlisted members of the military?

ALL DoD and federal employees.
also most state employees, even in states where recreational use is decriminalized (legal)

technically it's a federal law, and all states that "legalized" it are breaking the law - they just chose not to prosecute offenders, except where prohibited by the state (e.g. driving under the influence, most state employees, etc), and the federal government really doesn't have the time, money, or manpower to go after the state, or violators within those states

a large portion of federal laws are bullshit anyway, and it should be on the states to regulate what goes on within their borders.
Doesn't matter - most people are assholes and want their cake and to eat it too. - They don't want the fed regulating their state lands or certain laws, but throw fits when the fed deregulates shit they don't want deregulated, or stop giving the states funds to maintain said regs (e.g. obamacare), or they allow for use of some lands to go back to the state, but then the people cry about the trees, owls, and sphincter-leeches..

Stop voting for money-lobbyists and actually vote for a representative that will put state loyalties in front of party loyalties, and most of the federal over-stepping issues would be resolved.
Also help if term limits and donations/fund raising had caps.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because it's illegal on a federal level any employer can choose to discriminate against marijuana users. This is done across the board for any federal employer. And many state employers. I'm employed by my state and in this job they basically have a "Don't ask, don't tell" approach.

User is offline   Hank 

Thanks guys. As usual, I get incisive info on this forum. :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options