Duke4.net Forums: How to make a road? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make a road?

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I want to make a road, so I made a texture of asphalt with white lines. I also want to make all kind of curves, but I found this problem:

Posted Image

Despite I know how to change the floor's texture offsets I can't find a way to match the white lines between sectors. What can I do? I don't want to use sprites to represent the lines for hard to explain reasons. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

If you can't align them with panning, then you'll have to adjust the size of the sector until you get matching offset sizes

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You should copy the straight road, and rotate it properly per each segment so the distance is perfect.

Thank you both for your help, I followed your suggestions. I'll explain here how I did it, not only to help others but also to remember it.

Spoiler

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Use C to make circles. Note that there's not so much precision in Build engine coordinates.

View PostFox, on 05 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Use C to make circles. Note that there's not so much precision in Build engine coordinates.
That's what I tried in the first post, but I just realize that I used more vertices in the outer extrem of the curved sector than in the inner, so I splitted it into smaller sectors in a bit strange way, and maybe that's why I couldn't match the white lines between them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options