Duke4.net Forums: Need help regarding TROR on sloped surface - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help regarding TROR on sloped surface

User is offline   blizzart 

Just a small question.

I´ve created a TROR bunch within a sloped sector. That worked out fine without any problems.

Attached Image: capt0059.pngAttached Image: capt0060.png

But is there a way to replace the ROR texture with a glass texture and make that blocking the player from jumping into that hole?
I hope you can understand what I´m trying to achieve and you can point me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Do the B and M keys set blocking and masking on that surface similar to walls? Try looking at my translucency hack test map for surfaces like that.

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postblizzart, on 03 September 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just a small question.

I´ve created a TROR bunch within a sloped sector. That worked out fine without any problems.

Attachment capt0059.pngAttachment capt0060.png

But is there a way to replace the ROR texture with a glass texture and make that blocking the player from jumping into that hole?
I hope you can understand what I´m trying to achieve and you can point me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can do that, as we have done that exactly on Parkade.map and Entrapped. However, the glass won't be breakable as I don't think this has been coded into the game yet. Once you choose the glass texture on the Extended TROR tile press the "T" key on the TROR texture to change it to the glass tile. Then for good measure I normally just make it Blockable "B" key and turn on the hitscan. (Ctrl + h)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 03 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 03 September 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Do the B and M keys set blocking and masking on that surface similar to walls? Try looking at my translucency hack test map for surfaces like that.

Thanks a lot, Hendricks. That worked for me.
Is there a way to make a glas texture breakable in that use case? I tried pressing the M key on that sector but it just masked the wall nearby as usual. Pressing T showed the glass texture I chose an B and H made the sector blocking and hitscan sensitive. But breaking the glass texture isn´t possible.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Making it breakable requires CON code at the moment.

View PostHendricks266, on 03 September 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Making it breakable requires CON code at the moment.

Thank again. No matter, being not destructable is ok for me in the case I want to use it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options