Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   fgsfds 

Yeah, vsync completely fucks up mouse aiming. With vsync disabled it's not that bad. Also take a note that both BGDX and EDuke now use floats instead of integers for camera angles. That's another reason why it feels smoother.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 28 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The source code for SWP on ProAsm's website is dated December 2010. So that's close to 8 years of engine updates that EDuke32 and BloodGDX have over SWP.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 28 August 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

It sounds like you have vsync enabled. Disable it from inside the game and instead enable it from your graphics driver's control panel.

That never worked for me sadly, even Ion Maiden loses sync periodically, resulting in aggressive stuttering (I'm running on Nvidia). It's kinda bad because honestly these types of shooters would control perfectly fine with vsync on (that little input lag wouldn't matter with a good frame limiter) and it would be a nice option instead of the constantly visible screen tearing.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 28 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostHendricks266, on 28 August 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

It sounds like you have vsync enabled. Disable it from inside the game and instead enable it from your graphics driver's control panel.

Believe me that i have tried.... among 30 other things i cant be bothered typing down.

i7-4790k 4.6ghz
gtx1070
win10
latest drivers for everything

btw i got a 60hz screen.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View PostDevon, on 27 August 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

If there is something we really need it is Shadow warrior port from you.

All other ports of SW stutter and dont run smooth.

I have no idea what you are doing in your ports that nobody else has done before but it is working cause the interpolotion you made is amazing,

Yes!

M210, please work on a Shadow Warrior port next!

The other ports are super stuttery & dip in framerate constantly for me. They also crash so often (Redux) that I just gave up on trying to play through the game with a source port entirely :(

The only time Redux crashes for me is when you have a sumo on screen and you reload a save that also has a sumo on screen. I also don't remember Redux stuttering for me...

If you're using SWP, the classic/8-bit renderer runs smoothly for me.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Death, on 29 August 2018 - 04:08 AM, said:

Yes!

M210, please work on a Shadow Warrior port next!

I planning to port it in future. just for my buildgdx collection :( But I don't know when I can start it, Im working on RRgdx now.

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 August 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

The only time Redux crashes for me is when you have a sumo on screen and you reload a save that also has a sumo on screen. I also don't remember Redux stuttering for me...

If you're using SWP, the classic/8-bit renderer runs smoothly for me.

Well I just tried out SWP w/ the 8-bit renderer and it does seem to be a little smoother for me. It still stutters and dips slightly, but it's definitely better than the other modes. Maybe I'll try playing through the game in that mode soon...Thanks Phredreeke!

It would still be cool to have an up-to-date "GDX" port for Shadow Warrior though!

View PostM210, on 29 August 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

I planning to port it in future. just for my buildgdx collection :unsure: But I don't know when I can start it, Im working on RRgdx now.

Nice :(

On a side note...why did my last post get downvoted? What did I say? I was just agreeing with what Devon said about having a GDX port for SW, and how the other ones have some issues. I'm new here and I don't really want to step on anyone's toes.

View PostMr. Death, on 30 August 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Well I just tried out SWP w/ the 8-bit renderer and it does seem to be a little smoother for me. It still stutters and dips slightly, but it's definitely better than the other modes. Maybe I'll try playing through the game in that mode soon...Thanks Phredreeke!

It would still be cool to have an up-to-date "GDX" port for Shadow Warrior though!

Nice :(

On a side note...why did my last post get downvoted? What did I say? I was just agreeing with what Devon said about having a GDX port for SW, and how the other ones have some issues. I'm new here and I don't really want to step on anyone's toes.

Don't worry, I have upvoted you to compensate for the down vote. Welcome to Duke4.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMr. Death, on 30 August 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

I'm new here and I don't really want to step on anyone's toes.

You just did. :(

View Postthemaniacboy, on 30 August 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Don't worry, I have upvoted you to compensate for the down vote. Welcome to Duke4.

Thanks themaniacboy! I appreciate it :(

I've actually had my account for about a year already, but I don't post much & usually just stick to the occasional bug/issue reporting for BloodGDX (that's why I first created this account on Duke4). Maybe I should just stick with that instead of general conversation...

View PostZaxx, on 30 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

You just did. :(

:unsure:

User is offline   Tekedon 

You will always step on someones toes, don't worry :(

User is offline   m210® 

RedneckGDX is very close to release

Are hi-res textures working now?

User is offline   MetHy 

Looks like you cancelled the post-firing recoil of the AK. When you hold fire and fight the recoil for a while, then stop firing, your view should go way down. That's supposed to be a drawback for using the weapon like that, like said in the instruction booklet, they didn't intend for the player to spam using the AK, thus the recoil.
That post firing recoil might sound like a stupid glitch when you're able to fight the actual recoil using the mouse when firing, but if you try to play the game keyboard only you'll realize how important it is.

Didn't watch the entire video but dynamite looks like it's exploding much sooner than it should after being lit. Also, weapons are a lot more hidden by the status bar, or rather it looks like they're lower than they should be, which would also create a discrepancy with the crosshair.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 01 September 2018 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Recoil is there. Your view goes down after firing. IMO it should be toggable. While it makes sense with keyboard controls, it feels stupid with KBM.

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 01 September 2018 - 05:42 AM, said:

RedneckGDX is very close to release

Alex, you are the best!!!
Waiting for release!

This post has been edited by max_nukem: 01 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postfgsfds, on 01 September 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

Recoil is there. Your view goes down after firing. IMO it should be toggable. While it makes sense with keyboard controls, it feels stupid with KBM.

If it's not completely cancelled it's heavily toned down then. Just launch the game and try to fire for as long as in that video while fighting the recoil with the mouse.

Also not having that recoil is a gameplay balance changer:
- Play kb only: can't fight the recoil so your aiming gets worse
- kbm: you can fight the recoil but you get the post firing view twist

The 2nd drawback already has a much less important impact than the first one, so getting rid of it altogether would unbalance things too much. Like stated in the booklet the weapon isn't designed so you should be able to unload 200 ammo in a row, that's what the titty guns are for.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 01 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Yeah. Thinking about that, you're right.

User is offline   axl 

Does it also support Redneck Rides Again?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postaxl, on 01 September 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Does it also support Redneck Rides Again?

That's what I'm curious about too.

User is offline   Newken 

Redneck Deer Huntin'? :rolleyes:

User is offline   m210® 

RRRA doesn't support yet

User is offline   Tekedon 

Maybe you should create a new forum segment for only RedneckGDX.

Will the first release of RedneckGDX be RR and R66 only, with support for Rides Again coming in a later version?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 02 September 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Will the first release of RedneckGDX be RR and R66 only, with support for Rides Again coming in a later version?

Yes, I think RA support will comming later, after first release

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Does anyone else get a Malwarebytes alert when scanning latest bloodgdx.exe v0.794? Gives me a warning for "Riskware.BitCoinMiner"...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

What bloodgdx.exe? There is only DOSBox.exe in the archive.

User is offline   Master O 

Question about BloodGDX: How accurate percentage-wise is it versus running Blood in DosBox?

User is offline   Dzierzan 

BloodGDX can run Dosbox demos flawlessly. AI was proven to be perfect or at least highly faithful (he posted once a video with AI, showing there were no desync).

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 12 September 2018 - 06:49 AM

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options