Duke4.net Forums: "Can't save the game" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Can't save the game"  "need help diagnosing a problem"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Someone at Mod DB playing Alien Armageddon says they cannot save the game. They say that the game acts like it is saving, but no save file is created. I am baffled. The AA mod does absolutely nothing regarding saves whatsoever, and I don't even know how such behavior could be caused. We included the 64-bit version of EDuke32 r6969 (the latest). I have never encountered this behavior before, but I have heard at least one other similar report (again from someone at Mod DB) regarding a different mod about a year ago.

Here's a link to the report and replies:

https://www.moddb.co...n-armageddon-10

It's the post by Ghostwolf517. If anyone has any theories I would love to hear them. My only theory is that the save is being created by is going to a different folder. However, I have no evidence to back that up.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I can reproduce this weird problem if put the my AA game into C:\Programs Files\, and Windows won't like eduke32 try to put any of savegames in the directory, but then if I run the eduke32 as administrator then it's working again.

Since no eduke32.log and the guy didn't say what directory of his game or he runs on normal level of user account of Windows(not in Administrator group) but I can guess it's related since it's like eduke32 cannot save the game without proper write access.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 25 August 2018 - 08:13 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options