Duke4.net Forums: Making a sound like the Shadow Warrior - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making a sound like the Shadow Warrior

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey there guys i was wondering about something if it was possible. I haven't seen it in Eduke32, I wanted to make a kind of bell like in shadow warrior where you shoot on it and it opens a door and makes a sound when you shoot on it. In Japan they call it somekind of Gong. Does anyone have a sample or something that i could look at? Thanx!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Make your own.
use an art file so you have a gong
use a voc (or whatever the audio file is) for the gong sound
edit the con file to use the gong sound
use two buttons tile #138(?)
make the buttons one sided & invisible
put one button on each side of the gong & increase the buttons' sizes to match the gong
lo-tag = door activator
high-tag = sound

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

User is offline   Mark 

In my Graveyard TC I made a bell model that when hit with a projectile will swing, play the ringing sound and spawn a monster. Instead of the spawn you can use the activate command in the con to open a door. The file is called churchbell.con if you want to use it as a base for your project.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Both solutions seem fine but i want to keep less con coding for the project. The one from FORGE seem to work. Keeping it simple i used the tile #164 so you will be able to shoot. Thanx both of you! :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options