Duke4.net Forums: No One Lives Forever is coming back it seems - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No One Lives Forever is coming back it seems

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostJimmy 4k, on 03 August 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Kill Bill is fucking garbage.

The Matrix fucking ruined action movies.

Okay. :( Wanna sound "edgy AF"? :unsure:

How could a movie ruin action movies that is in itself nothing more than a nod to Hong Kong action cinema? The Matrix was inspired by John Woo movies and stuff like Gordon Chan's Fist of Legend (hell, they used the choreographer from Fist of Legend so on the link I sent ya you can basically rewatch Neo's dojo fight with Morpheus). it's basically a Hong Kong action movie with a sci-fi setting that makes it easier to suspend your disbelief. It aged a bit badly, it's not as "cool" anymore as it was in the 90s but I think it's genius that they could have have over-the-top wire work and whatnot in a Hollywood action movie because they came up with a setting that makes it possible.

Anyway if you wanna find out what "ruined action movies" then I guess you're searching for the guy who popularized the Hong Kong style martial arts action in Hollywood: Bruce Lee. You don't like Bruce Lee? That sucks, man and anyway: saying that you don't like action movies that rely on fight choreography is fine (I mean it's sad but at least you're not insulting the taste of others) but stating that wildly successful, critically acclaimed audience darlings like The Matrix and Kill Bill are garbage is a bit too over-the-top, wouldn't you agree? I mean a had a good laugh and all but come on.

So Kill Bill sucks but a movie like Red Sonja that starts with a horribly acted scene where Bridget fuckin' Nielsen is pointlessly slashing away at Arnold with a plastic sword is great action? Man, nostalgia is a terrible fucking thing, that movie is worse than Conan the Destroyer.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 04 August 2018 - 01:35 AM

User is offline   axl 

Kill Bill is ... not a bad movie. My main problem with, especially the second one, is the use of music that was specifically made for other movies. All the morricone music he uses was made for 60s spaghetti westerns : il mercenario, il tramonto, Death Rides A Horse, ... It feels so cheap...

Atomic Blonde was okay I guess...

But I agree with many, that the great action movies are long behind us: Terminator 2, Mad Max 2, The Killer, Hard Boiled, Aliens, Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Die Hard, Robocop, Speed, Lethal Weapon, ...

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postaxl, on 04 August 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

But I agree with many, that the great action movies are long behind us: Terminator 2, Mad Max 2, The Killer, Hard Boiled, Aliens, Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Die Hard, Robocop, Speed, Lethal Weapon, ...

Will you hate me if I say that I think Mad Max 4 was better than Mad Max 2? :( I mean I love MM2 and in some ways I like that it feels more realistic and down to Earth than Fury Road but man, Fury Road is the best fucking thing since Terminator 2.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJimmy 4k, on 03 August 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

The problem with these lame ass fucking movies is they are over choreographed.

Posted Image

User is offline   axl 

View PostZaxx, on 04 August 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

Will you hate me if I say that I think Mad Max 4 was better than Mad Max 2? :unsure: I mean I love MM2 and in some ways I like that it feels more realistic and down to Earth than Fury Road but man, Fury Road is the best fucking thing since Terminator 2.

I won't hate you and I do agree that Mad Max 4 is a VERY good movie. But it's not the masterpiece that is Mad Max 2 ;-)

That's just my opinion though :(

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Fury Road is fucking GARBAGE.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I loved it. Just watched it again last week. It's a great movie.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostJimmy 4k, on 12 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Fury Road is fucking GARBAGE.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm supposed to believe we're in a world where gasoline is so scarce people will kill you over it, yet everyone is driving gas guzzling hummers and shooting fire out of guitars? It's a dumb movie for normies.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy 4k, on 13 August 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

I'm supposed to believe we're in a world where gasoline is so scarce people will kill you over it, yet everyone is driving gas guzzling hummers and shooting fire out of guitars? It's a dumb movie for normies.

You live in a world where Hillary Clinton is not in jail, and you have an issue with a small suspension of disbelief over bio-fuels made from algae and bacon grease?

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 August 2018 - 08:34 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

wHy DoNbUlD dRuMfPh nO jAiL iNtErNaTioNaL cRiMinAL RiNgLeAdeR iN LeSs tHaN EiGht MoNthS?!11

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy 4k, on 13 August 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

wHy DoNbUlD dRuMfPh nO jAiL iNtErNaTioNaL cRiMinAL RiNgLeAdeR iN LeSs tHaN EiGht MoNthS?!11

he's cornered the renewable pork-barrel market. (thus can make an unlimited amount of bio-diesel) richy-riches don't do prison time

And maneuvering swiftly into the Back On Topic lane of the highway.....

Any further word on this possible comeback of No One Lives Forever? Given how everyone's favorite fan game-hating juggernaut of a video game company is trying to crush emulation, I figured we could use some good news this early on in the week....

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

NOLF were great games, the free fall level and the fight in the trailer home during a tornado were brilliant ideas.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostKennerado, on 16 September 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

NOLF were great games, the free fall level and the fight in the trailer home during a tornado were brilliant ideas.

When I was a kid I actually just kept reloading and replaying the free falling part for hours. :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options