Duke4.net Forums: The Naughty Dog Agenda - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Naughty Dog Agenda  "Duke4.net's Turn!!!"

View PostxMobilemux, on 13 July 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

The DoA devs aren't handling it very well either, saying that the reason for smaller boobs are so the women seem more human without realizing that they've just dehumanized all the real life women who do look like that.
(That's not me exaggerating, there are really female gamers out there unhappy with this)

I can't begin to find the words possible to express how on target this point is. Cosplay is shared corporately without any hint of irony... while in a parallel thread... gah. The language to properly express the contradiction has been removed from publicly accepted nomenclature.

This post has been edited by RunReneeRun: 14 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostRunReneeRun, on 14 July 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

I can't begin to find the words possible to express how on target this point is. Cosplay is shared corporately without any hint of irony... while in a parallel thread... gah. The language to properly express the contradiction has been removed from publicly accepted nomenclature.

Female based video game characters should have boobs. Through my life experiences, most women have them, so it'd be anatomically correct to put them on a digital avatar.
However, the game and character shouldn't cause incel outrage if said set of boobs were to wear a flak vest or spacesuit during a significant portion of a game.
If bosom is the only thing that makes the game or character interesting, then that's a sad, sad game & character which probably needed to be discontinued anyway.
If a company focuses on boob physics, proceeds to jump on the virtue train because that seems to be trending, then that company deserves any backlash it gets. Doubly so if they double-down.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 July 2018 - 06:13 AM

User is offline   Hank 

n/m

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Is this GamerGate?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 17 July 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Is this GamerGate?

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 17 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostTerminX, on 05 July 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Remember when the only agenda behind gaming was to make as big of a pile of money as possible? I liked that agenda a lot more.

EA remembers.

View PostForge, on 14 July 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Female based video game characters should have boobs. Through my life experiences, most women have them, so it'd be anatomically correct to put them on a digital avatar.

By your very use of "most", you bring into doubt the correctness of various breast size expression. Bigot.

However, the game and character shouldn't cause incel outrage if said set of boobs were to wear a flak vest or spacesuit during a significant portion of a game.

Depends on the game. Dead or Alive Beach Vollyball is a very different context from Gordon Freeman White Knighting for some low cut blue jeans can't do no wrong lady chasing her father's approval.

If bosom is the only thing that makes the game or character interesting, then that's a sad, sad game & character which probably needed to be discontinued anyway.

FUCK OFF! I signed up in the 90's to this industry idea that you make what you want and we all support you. That included every possible combination of gender/sexual/whatever I don't care combination of story arcs. The late 90's were by far the most accepting and tolerant era of game development across all metrics that has ever, and possibly will ever exist.

Then some folks started saying big boobs in Japanese vollyball games were "wrong" and an escalating process of shoving out anyone that thinks Big Tittied Volleyball games should have equal rights even if haters don't play them themslves... while same haters are pushing their underage lesbian sexual tension romance on us in our zombie apocalypse where hard choices of life and death are necessary to survive but let's pause for a moment and just... kiss a big nosed (not necessarily boobed) girl to prove a point.

If a company focuses on boob physics, proceeds to jump on the virtue train because that seems to be trending, then that company deserves any backlash it gets. Doubly so if they double-down.

Yes. Boob Physics or Liberalism. Live or Die... make your choice.

This post has been edited by RunReneeRun: 22 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

By your very use of "most", you bring into doubt the correctness of various breast size expression. Bigot.

That was uncalled for. Some women had to undergo mastectomies, so yeah, MOST women have boobs. Not all of them.

FUCK OFF! I signed up in the 90's to this industry idea that you make what you want and we all support you. That included every possible combination of gender/sexual/whatever I don't care combination of story arcs.

Really? So what kind of game would you prefer? One that makes you feel part of a living world, full of characters with motivations and backstories, where your actions actually make a difference in the story... or one where sexy characters are its whole reason to exist, which stereotypes YOU, the player, as a mindless raping brute who literally cannot think about anything but sex and will gladly throw his money at any garbage containing titillating pictures? Which do you think is a better game? Deus Ex or Lula: the Sexy Empire?

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 22 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostRunReneeRun, on 22 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well my mother had breast cancer and a mastectomy, so let the bigotry have its own parade.

Or are you suggesting that female based video game characters, even those that represent pre-pubescent girls, should all have pronounced boobs?
Not everything has to be from Japan and have tentacles, you know?

View PostAltered Reality, on 22 July 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Really? So what kind of game would you prefer? One that makes you feel part of a living world, full of characters with motivations and backstories, where your actions actually make a difference in the story... or one where sexy characters are its whole reason to exist,

yes.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostRunReneeRun, on 22 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

That was uncalled for. Some women had to undergo mastectomies, so yeah, MOST women have boobs. Not all of them.

My entire point was there is no correct breast size. Neither too null nor too full.

Really? So what kind of game would you prefer?

In 2018? One where the designer isn't hamfisting a teaching moment. I've been a huge supporter of the Last of Us franchise and while I shrugged off the DLC love story despite it getting in the way of my spore zombie world, I can't shrug off the next installment because it has been brought front and center before the spore zombie world. The spore zombie world is now a sexually magnetized world where it was previously a non-sexualized backdrop to a sporepocalypse. I simply don't care so they are 100% free to continue the franchise without me.

One that makes you feel part of a living world, full of characters with motivations and backstories, where your actions actually make a difference in the story... or one where sexy characters are its whole reason to exist, which stereotypes YOU, the player, as a mindless raping brute who literally cannot think about anything but sex and will gladly throw his money at any garbage containing titillating pictures? Which do you think is a better game? Deus Ex or Lula: the Sexy Empire?

I don't give two fucks. I don't play or spend money on games from people trying to make a buck on jiggly boobs... and I don't play or spend money on games from people trying to *clap* say *clap* something *clap* socially *clap* important *clap*.

I adored Last of Us. I enjoyed the DLC, but felt pretty awkward doing the teenage flirt scene as it is simply so far outside of what I'm seeking in the franchise. Since the next installment has made it clear that it is doubling down on the content from the DLC, I'm going to pass. They should be free to make the story they prefer, so long as they aren't EVER shitting on Forge's right to sell big titty vollyball babes.

I signed up for this whole "equality" experiment early on expecting actual reciprocation as progress toward equitable expression of offensive until some opportunity was achieved. I have learned I was a sucker.

This post has been edited by RunReneeRun: 22 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostAltered Reality, on 20 July 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

EA remembers.

So don't pay them. I don't.

This post has been edited by RunReneeRun: 22 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

I don't play or spend money on games from people trying to make a buck on jiggly boobs... and I don't play or spend money on games from people trying to *clap* say *clap* something *clap* socially *clap* important *clap*.

I hate both categories, for the same reason.
First category: "Hey you, male gamer! We know you reason with your penis and only think about sex, so throw your money at this game full of boobs!"
Second category: "Hey you, female gamer! We know males reason with their penises and only think about sex, so throw your money at this game full of misandrist drivel!"

View PostAltered Reality, on 22 July 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I hate both categories, for the same reason.
First category: "Hey you, male gamer! We know you reason with your penis and only think about sex, so throw your money at this game full of boobs!"
Second category: "Hey you, female gamer! We know males reason with their penises and only think about sex, so throw your money at this game full of misandrist drivel!"

So I'm assuming these marketing efforts have saved you a lot of money, yes?

User is offline   Forge 

Just like in the real world, women with big boobs can't have engaging personalities, or interesting back stories.

The androgynous mannequin overlord told me so, so it must be true.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

I miss things like that naked Elexis easter egg from SiN which will probably never happen in gaming again. On that note, I guess it's a blessing that SiN was a flop because nobody important got that far into the game to kick up a controversy about it.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I remember someone doing a female stripper for the HRP. There were complaints that her boobs weren't big enough. No matter how big they were, they were never big enough. Eventually, she looked like she looked like a dead-heat in a zeppelin race.

View PostForge, on 22 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Just like in the real world, women with big boobs can't have engaging personalities, or interesting back stories.

"back stories"

I see what you done did there.

View PostPikaCommando, on 22 July 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

I miss things like that naked Elexis easter egg from SiN which will probably never happen in gaming again.

It's on a cycle. To be honest, in the next cycle you'll probably not feel entirely comfortable with the boundary the new easter eggs push.

View PostTea Monster, on 22 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I remember someone doing a female stripper for the HRP. There were complaints that her boobs weren't big enough. No matter how big they were, they were never big enough. Eventually, she looked like she looked like a dead-heat in a zeppelin race.

Fire that someones immediately. Why were you listening to thems?

The source material already established the size. Anything outside of that is dumb.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostRunReneeRun, on 23 July 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

I see what you done did there.

busted

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Really? So what kind of game would you prefer? One that makes you feel part of a living world, full of characters with motivations and backstories, where your actions actually make a difference in the story... or one where sexy characters are its whole reason to exist, which stereotypes YOU, the player, as a mindless raping brute who literally cannot think about anything but sex and will gladly throw his money at any garbage containing titillating pictures? Which do you think is a better game? Deus Ex or Lula: the Sexy Empire?

DEUS EX HELL GANG WE OUT HERE
In hardcore Deus Ex communities over 50% of the shitposts are fawning over Anne Navarre (especially the beta concept of Anna), Elizabeth DuClare, the dancing Goth babe, etc. Basically you're a basic bitch. The existence of Lula: The Sexy Empire doesn't preclude the existence of Deus Ex. Square-Enix is good enough at precluding the existence of Deus Ex. I think Square-Enix made Mankind Divided on purpose to ruin the series. Don't believe me? It's all in the releases. Since the development of Invisible War there's been a conspiracy of shill game developers against the awake gamer. Fact #1: In 2000, Deus Ex sold almost 140,000 copies earning $5 million dollars. In the next year, almost 100,000 more were sold. Invisible War has sold 1.2 million copies since release. Fact #2: In 2011, Human Revolution sold almost as many copies as Invisible War had sold up to that time in it's first week. Mankind Divided could barely even approach Human Revolution's sales. It's called monetization. Strengthen playerbases and profits, weaken gamers. With DLC, this can be done imperceptibly over time. Digital distribution services are just the secret police, bullies for a completely illegitimate industry. The entire Steam store front is hand-picked. Nineteen of the last best sellers were made by Electronic Arts. Electronic Arts just sucks up other companies and puts out games that amount to little more than pyramid schemes. Don't tell me "Microtransanctions are optional, you can gain those items through gameplay." But not everyone does. That's why they call them "whales."

How popular is Deus Ex outside America? I heard Duke Nukem isn't that popular in Europe because of how 'Murican it is, and I wonder if it's the same for Deus Ex due to how America-centric it is even with all the country-hopping.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostPikaCommando, on 01 August 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

How popular is Deus Ex outside America? I heard Duke Nukem isn't that popular in Europe because of how 'Murican it is, and I wonder if it's the same for Deus Ex due to how America-centric it is even with all the country-hopping.

I had a kid in my class show the CD to me, maybe half a year or a year after it came out. I live in Estonia. Revision if i remember right was made by Europeans, mostly German? I'm in a Deus Ex fan group on FB and practically all of the posts there are by people from Europe. DN3D was massively popular in my country as well. Probably the most popular game that kids played in 96-98. I don't see why it wouldn't be, we all grow up with American action films, so the stereotypes make sense. In Eastern Europe all manner of subversive art went over especially well in the 90s. Blood and Carmageddon were really popular in Russia and in nearby countries.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 02 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Holy shit Revision is fucking terrible.

User is online   Jblade 

Yeah....Zodiac's my favourite Deus Ex mod - it captures the kind of crazy down the rabbit hole experience even if the writing or level design's not as sharp (there's no mod that really matches up to be fair)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

GMDX is required, it makes a perfect game so much better.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options