Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   NNC 

Is the alien chaingun we saw in QotH a replacement weapon to the standard chaingun (SMG-9000) or will it use a another slot? I'm asking because I'm not sure if two chainguns need to be carried.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Another slot.
Preview just has no real regular use for it so its forced use for ending and qoth has forced as well.

User is offline   Sanek 

Yes, the last shot is definitely inspired by one of Blood's episode 2 levels.
However, I also get a Shadow Warrior feeling from the majority of these shots. If SW was made today, it'll look like this. :(

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Played through the preview again and once I saw those armor sets I couldn't help but think back to my disappointment with Shelly's current design, so I tried my own take on it.
Posted Image

Now this is the kind of badass babe I can see in a line up with all the other Build Era Shooter Heroes.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

So is Multiplayer for EDuke confirmed to arrive by 2019?

BTW Nice redesign xMobilmux.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

so the founder's edition is down to almost 100 copies left.

after design, production, and packaging costs, voidpoint has cleared about $46.23 usd

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

Has anyone managed to pull the sprites and textures from the preview? Dukeres obviously doesn't work.

User is offline   Kyanos 

The .art file has a different header than original tiles##.art, it's possible that reading the source code you could learn how to open it, but it could be that Voidpoint wants to keep it locked and that code could be separated from public builds of Eduke32 very simply if they desired. I won't try to do it.

User is offline   Hank 

I think we will be able to edit/add our own art work, when the game comes out.

http://www.ionmaiden.com/ then click on FAQ, it reads:

Are you including Modding tools or is the game moddable?
BIG YES! You will get all the tools (including the level editor) that we used while making the game. Almost all of game code is user editable through CON scripting.

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Sorry for a possibly weird question, but I noticed that among the new screenshots in the Press Kit, images numbered 11 to 16 have the PNG extension but in fact are all JPEGs. They are in fact the same files as the screenshots currently on the official website's front page, which have the correct JPG extension. Do you have the same in lossless quality?

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 21 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 July 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Sorry for a possibly weird question, but I noticed that among the new screenshots in the Press Kit, images numbered 11 to 16 have the PNG extension but in fact are all JPEGs. They are in fact the same files as the screenshots currently on the official website's front page, which have the correct JPG extension. Do you have the same in lossless quality?

Thanks for letting us know. Passed it along to the guy responsible for the press kit. :(

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostHank, on 17 July 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

It read at Ion Maiden web site:
Already own the Ion Maiden Early-Access version on Steam?
We’re giving all Steam owners of Ion Maiden a 10% discount on the Founders Edition.
Click below and follow the step-by-step guide to connect your Steam account and receive your discount code.

So, Steam gets preferred prices? 3D Realms and GoG buyers are again second class here?

Thank you! Thank you very much. :(

If you bought the Early Access version directly from 3D Realms you get the 10% off too. To get your discount code you have to login to 3DR and you will find it if you go to profile under your account data.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postcybdmn, on 23 July 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you bought the Early Access version directly from 3D Realms you get the 10% off too. To get your discount code you have to login to 3DR and you will find it if you go to profile under your account data.

Murharharhar - I looked every where except my personal profile! Yep, it's there, after all. :(

It sucks... I want Ion Maiden Founder's Edition, but I can't get it until the next payday, which will be in two weeks. It's already down to 45, something tells me it will be gone by then.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 23 July 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

It sucks... I want Ion Maiden Founder's Edition, but I can't get it until the next payday, which will be in two weeks. It's already down to 45, something tells me it will be gone by then.

You wont' be charged for it until it ships, sometimes in early 2019; at least by using PayPal, or so I understand the message from PayPal.

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Well, I got it and got a message saying they won't take the money out until they process it, so I'm assuming it's good. So I'm a happy boy now.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I was messing around with the new beta on Steam and I had a crash at the subway tunnel with the following error message: "Too many sprites spawned."

Apart from this (and I should really set that crash apart since it's a beta) I like the new changes:

- The machine gun enemies got a lot more visible and the glowing red eyes is a nice touch. They feel more characteristic now.

- The shotgun shells got recolored to a more even red: I don't think it was necessary but it increases ammo visibility so cool.

- I noticed some new enemy placements though I may be mistaken.

- The AI seems a bit better. I can't put my finger around it exactly but enemies seem to react better overall and sound seems to affect them more too.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostHank, on 23 July 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

You wont' be charged for it until it ships, sometimes in early 2019; at least by using PayPal, or so I understand the message from PayPal.

This is how i understand that too. And at the moment nothing's charged, but i have to look tomorrow or so again. Normally it needs up until a complete day before i can see it on my bank account.

View PostHank, on 23 July 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

I payed by PayPal and I was charged. I have the order details saved though in case they charge me again.

I haven't been charged yet, but I transferred money from savings just in case.

Didn't find the discount thing, but when it's $100 already, $10 doesn't seem like a huge difference and anyway, it's fine as I'm sure it will help the game and the people behind it towards their rightful place at the top. My only concern is that I might not live at the same address by the time it ships, but I've kept records of my order number and everything, so I shall simply be in touch with 3DR if my address does change prior to shipping next year.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostZaxx, on 23 July 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I was messing around with the new beta on Steam and I had a crash at the subway tunnel with the following error message: "Too many sprites spawned."

Apart from this (and I should really set that crash apart since it's a beta) I like the new changes:

- The machine gun enemies got a lot more visible and the glowing red eyes is a nice touch. They feel more characteristic now.

- The shotgun shells got recolored to a more even red: I don't think it was necessary but it increases ammo visibility so cool.

- I noticed some new enemy placements though I may be mistaken.

- The AI seems a bit better. I can't put my finger around it exactly but enemies seem to react better overall and sound seems to affect them more too.

Didn't have any crashes, but I agree about the rest. Combat flows better now, it seems.

User is offline   Echelon5 

Gotta question! The blurb on the Steam page says "7 exciting zones." Are the zones going to act similarly to episodes in Duke? I thought as much since the preview campaign is called Crisis In Columbia. Was just curious. Also, I had a suggestion for sound effects. The shotgun pump seems to get used a LOT. The aforementioned pump, reloading the SMG, and some of the grunts load their guns before letting off a volley, including when you pick up SMG ammo. It's not itself a problem, but it does mean that you end up hearing that same sound a lot more than some of the others. Definitely suggest giving the smg reload its own unique sound!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The preview campaign is a single zone. The full version is planned to have 7 zones of similar or greater scale.

This post has been edited by Fox: 24 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   NNC 

I'm still confused by the plans, how will "Crisis in Columbia" appear in the final game? Some said it's levels will be separated and will be added to new zones or whatever. IMHO it looks a good, compact mission on its own.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Imagine if the shareware version of Duke 3D were random maps from the 3 episodes, although you still play them in order.

User is offline   Echelon5 

Oh neat, I was under the impression that Crisis in Columbia was made specifically for the preview campaign, but that's cool we'll get to play through them again in a way in the final game. Dope!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

That sounds like it would make quite an interesting mod :( Could imagine instead of going to Death Row Duke uses a teleporter at the end of Red Light District to teleport to Lunar Apocalypse. then he uses an escape pod which crashes in Flood Zone...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostPhredreeke, on 26 July 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

That sounds like it would make quite an interesting mod :( Could imagine instead of going to Death Row Duke uses a teleporter at the end of Red Light District to teleport to Lunar Apocalypse. then he uses an escape pod which crashes in Flood Zone...

This mod shall be called... the user map menu option Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFox, on 26 July 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Imagine if the shareware version of Duke 3D were random maps from the 3 episodes, although you still play them in order.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options