Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

ROR isn't working in splitscreen, so i dont know when it will be in bloodgdx.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Not sure if this is fixable but found this stack bug in one of my maps I'm working on.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  STACK.jpg (341.23K)
    Number of downloads: 50

User is offline   SPILL 

When playing Blood multiplayer, if the host disconnects from the game both players go back to main menu. However, when second player starts a single player game, they keep all of their stats from multiplayer (weapons, ammo, armor, health). It does not seem to happen for the host.

User is offline   SPILL 

In coop mode, if you end the level when a player is in the revive state, it locks up at the status screen and does not allow the next level to start.

User is offline   SPILL 

While playing bloodbath, specifically on the level Tower, there were several times where both players could not pull up their guns. We couldn't even pick up a new gun after death. It was stuck on pitchfork, dynamite, spray can, and bombs. The hotkeys would not allow us to pull up a gun either. It was like all guns on the map were locked. The only way around was to restart the match. It only occurred on the Tower level when we were playing. It happened several times too.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 15 July 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

While playing bloodbath, specifically on the level Tower, there were several times where both players could not pull up their guns. We couldn't even pick up a new gun after death. It was stuck on pitchfork, dynamite, spray can, and bombs. The hotkeys would not allow us to pull up a gun either. It was like all guns on the map were locked. The only way around was to restart the match. It only occurred on the Tower level when we were playing. It happened several times too.

If weapons can't pickup, try to pickup ammo for it and try to switch. Maybe gotweapon flag didn't reset...but I don't know (and sure) why it's happen

View PostTekedon, on 15 July 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

Not sure if this is fixable but found this stack bug in one of my maps I'm working on.

Just wanted to add to this. I noticed it has to do with diveable water where you can also see a stack while you are in the water. Probably because how the watereffect works in Blood.. Seems like it works more like a stack instead of a "teleporting" effect so I guess it counts as two stacks which cannot be seen at the same time.

I noticed this because of the same problem in e1m6.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 16 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostM210, on 16 July 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

If weapons can't pickup, try to pickup ammo for it and try to switch.

We could still pick up ammo but it did not help. I will also say that it did go out of sync the first time playing Tower. However, we did not get the "out of sync" message when the weapons glitched out.

User is offline   SPILL 

On E2M2 while playing coop, when I ended the level it did not end for the 2nd player. He was still in the level and then it crashed shortly after.

User is offline   Nachuro 

I believe I've figured out the bug Spill mentioned earlier, where they were unable to pick up weapons but able to pick up ammunition.

This issue is caused by using the life leech's alt fire (sentry mode) in a multiplayer match. As long as your life leech sentry is out, you will only be able to pick up ammunition. This effect continues even after being killed multiple times.

The only way to fix this pickup bug is to pick your life leech back up. Upon returning the life leech to your inventory, you can once again pick up weapons.

If I had to guess, this bug is a result of the game logic generalizing the inability to pick up additional life leeches (so as to prevent players from picking up life leeches and placing down infinite turrets) to all weapons. Upon returning the life leech to the player's inventory, that protective mechanic disappears.

User is offline   SPILL 

Yep you are correct. The two maps that it occurred in was Tower and Click. Both occasions we were using the Life Leech. That was a nice catch. I don't think I would have ever figured that out.

Not a bug per se. But I noticed when playing with the full hud up, it seems like the weaponsprite and field of view isn't affected making it feel almost like you need to be constantly looking a bit upwards to aim straight.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostM210, on 14 July 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

ROR isn't working in splitscreen, so i dont know when it will be in bloodgdx.

what about for DukeGDX?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 21 July 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

what about for DukeGDX?

So, its possible

I noticed something in BloodGDX that doesn't work the same as vanilla, weapons in vanilla can be switched after a short amount of time (like 300 milliseconds), but weapons in BloodGDX can't be switched until the weapon draw animation is completed. This makes it take a long time to switch through weapons while fighting, which has gotten me killed in times that I would have survived in the vanilla game. The weapon with the longest draw time is the spray can. In Vanilla, only the lighter is visible when you can switch, but in BloodGDX, the can has to be visible before you can switch.

User is offline   Nachuro 

When playing a multiplayer game, attempting to use the crystal ball item in E2M2 (Pits of Blood) of Cryptic Passage results in a crash.

This crash occurred across two separate multiplayer matches; the multiplayer matches each had two players. This crash does not appear to occur in a single player multiplayer game.

User is offline   Romulus 

With BloodGDX the AI feels less potent, has weird movements at times, the game feels a lot easier for some reason.

M210, you've done a great deal of work and I have a lot of respect for you, but I just wish we had the source code for the retail version.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostRomulus, on 25 July 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

With BloodGDX the AI feels less potent, has weird movements at times, the game feels a lot easier for some reason.

M210, you've done a great deal of work and I have a lot of respect for you, but I just wish we had the source code for the retail version.

Interesting that you should think that, as [M210] has done extensive testing and is pretty confident that the AI is identical to the original DOS version.
How was this tested? By making replays and running them through both GDX and DOS versions. As the replays only save actions data for the player, if there was differences in the monster AI, then this would result in different replay actions.

I think he made a 30+ minute replay to test this, and there was no change.
I'll find it for you.

User is offline   Jim 

View PostRomulus, on 25 July 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

its probably because the dos version has horrible framerate and You are aware the Blood originally had a difficulty bug, right?

View PostTiddalick, on 25 July 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

Interesting that you should think that, as [M210] has done extensive testing and is pretty confident that the AI is identical to the original DOS version.
How was this tested? By making replays and running them through both GDX and DOS versions. As the replays only save actions data for the player, if there was differences in the monster AI, then this would result in different replay actions.

I think he made a 30+ minute replay to test this, and there was no change.
I'll find it for you.

Yes, AI is 100% identical as video proves, no discussion.

Extensive testing in a demo map proves AI to be identical? Yeah, okay, cool.

I have seen AI stand still and do nothing but stare at each other, Zombies dry humping the edge of a blown up wall when trying to walk out of it.

But yeah, you folks know best and I don't. That YouTube video proves it all. No further discussion required. Peace.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 25 July 2018 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Jim 

View PostRomulus, on 25 July 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I have seen AI stand still and do nothing but stare at each other, Zombies dry humping the edge of a blown up wall when trying to walk out of it.

Those are definitely in the DOS version as well

User is offline   m210® 

View PostRomulus, on 25 July 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Extensive testing in a demo map proves AI to be identical? Yeah, okay, cool.

https://youtu.be/id6y40rylUY

User is offline   m210® 

Forgot to say, you can check it by self. Just record your own demo file in original Blood game and playback it in BloodGDX.
If you will see unsync in demos, let me know

View PostJim, on 25 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Those are definitely in the DOS version as well

I think the poster just doesn't know of all the original AI bugs that are in the game.

I can show you side by side comparisons of DOSBox and BloodGDX AI behavior that are anomalous, and are triggered randomly through very long hours of playthroughs back and forth between episodes to the point BloodGDX produces floating zombies, but seeing how you people insist I don't know what I am talking about and just another schmuck, I won't bother.

I'll just not use BloodGDX and will stick to DOSBox, thank you.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostRomulus, on 26 July 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

but seeing how you people insist I don't know what I am talking about and just another schmuck, I won't bother.

It's because you still didn't show nothing, you just tell about bugs from original game.
If you really know about real bugs of bloodgdx (not of original) then show me it...and send me a demo file. Anyway I don't see what I should fix, and should am I?

This post has been edited by M210: 26 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostRomulus, on 26 July 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

I can show you side by side comparisons of DOSBox and BloodGDX AI behavior that are anomalous, and are triggered randomly through very long hours of playthroughs back and forth between episodes to the point BloodGDX produces floating zombies, but seeing how you people insist I don't know what I am talking about and just another schmuck, I won't bother.

I'll just not use BloodGDX and will stick to DOSBox, thank you.

Nobody has called you a schmuck.. Would be interesting to see the floating zombies you are talking about. The other stuff you mentioned are bugs in the original game though. Please record and post a clip if this happens.

User is offline   SPILL 

Even if you do reproduce the floating zombie why didn't you start the discussion with that? Instead you bring up known dos bugs and use it against GDX. I call BS. Just backpedaling with no proof.

View PostTekedon, on 26 July 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Nobody has called you a schmuck.. Would be interesting to see the floating zombies you are talking about. The other stuff you mentioned are bugs in the original game though. Please record and post a clip if this happens.

Thank you for being constructive.

I have no interest in contributing to this, sadly, specially after witnessing how some of you have behaved and have defended like this port is flawless and Godsend. If people think saying stuff like I am BS'ing and backpedaling with no proof to bait me into posting proof for which I have to spend an hour or two playing the game and recording, I simply won't fall for it, I have better use for my time. They are free to believe what they want to. Eventually, someone else is going to run into the same issue and will report it. The developer can fix it then. Peace.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options