• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFox, on 05 July 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Washington Foreskins stadium

if she tried out for the team, would she make the cut?

User is offline   Master O 

If you guys are looking for level background inspirations, why not have one of the secret levels look like the album cover from Iron Maiden's "Powerslave"?

:(

This game has to get at least one Iron Maiden reference in there. Her own name is Ion Maiden after all....

Maybe call the level "Power Babe"?

This post has been edited by Master O: 07 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   NNC 

One of my favourite Iron Maiden song is Paschendale from the Dance of the Death album. That is based on a WWI place in France, I can imagine it as a secret level too.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMaster O, on 07 July 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

If you guys are looking for level background inspirations, why not have one of the secret levels look like the album cover from Iron Maiden's "Powerslave"?

:(

This game has to get at least one Iron Maiden reference in there. Her own name is Ion Maiden after all....

Maybe call the level "Power Babe"?

You will like of the enemies in the full version.

View PostFox, on 12 July 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

You will like of the enemies in the full version.

Does that mean there will be an enemy that looks like Iron Maiden's mascot "Eddie"?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

$99.99 USD for the box? Yeesh...don't have that kind of money. I understand it comes with all the extras...but is there a version of the box we can get that's not the Founder's Edition with all the extras? I just want the box and the disk really. Otherwise I'ma hafta pass. :( I hope they sell well either way.

User is online   Mark 

WOW. There are going to be a bunch of fanboys crawling out from mom and dad's basement to go and sell blood to save up enough. :(

Or...they'll have to choose between pimple cream or IM.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

User is offline   Hank 

It read at Ion Maiden web site:
Already own the Ion Maiden Early-Access version on Steam?
We’re giving all Steam owners of Ion Maiden a 10% discount on the Founders Edition.
Click below and follow the step-by-step guide to connect your Steam account and receive your discount code.

So, Steam gets preferred prices? 3D Realms and GoG buyers are again second class here?

Thank you! Thank you very much. :(

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostHank, on 17 July 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

It read at Ion Maiden web site:
Already own the Ion Maiden Early-Access version on Steam?
We’re giving all Steam owners of Ion Maiden a 10% discount on the Founders Edition.
Click below and follow the step-by-step guide to connect your Steam account and receive your discount code.

So, Steam gets preferred prices? 3D Realms and GoG buyers are again second class here?

Thank you! Thank you very much. :(

I think 3DR buyers automatically get the discount as it's the same storefront. GOG users are screwed because allowing external organizations access to the customer data required to do such a thing would be a GDPR issue, and they don't want to. Literally nothing anyone can do about that.

User is offline   Forge 

Even at $90.00, that's still way out of my reach.

Regardless, I hope you sell thousands of units.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

The new screenshots look damn good (I spy two new enemy types)!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

I think 3DR buyers automatically get the discount as it's the same storefront. GOG users are screwed because allowing external organizations access to the customer data required to do such a thing would be a GDPR issue, and they don't want to. Literally nothing anyone can do about that.

Hmm, the receipt from 3D Realms says $ 99 + Shipping, so if they plan(ed) to give 3D Realms' customers a 'deal' it's not yet implemented.

p.s. I wanted this. Just mouthing off here.

• el fundador

View PostHank, on 17 July 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Hmm, the receipt from 3D Realms says $ 99 + Shipping, so if they plan(ed) to give 3D Realms' customers a 'deal' it's not yet implemented.

p.s. I wanted this. Just mouthing off here.

I checked on this. Apparently when you log into the store on 3drealms.com, there's a button to generate a discount code which works for the boxed release. There are still some left, so you could probably cancel your existing order and place a new one with the discount code if you want. I thought it would be automatic myself.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

I checked on this. Apparently when you log into the store on 3drealms.com, there's a button to generate a discount code which works for the boxed release. There are still some left, so you could probably cancel your existing order and place a new one with the discount code if you want. I thought it would be automatic myself.

No luck. I get, when logged it: 'Already Owned' (The Preview Campaign, game only); but no extra links or buttons under Ion Maiden [Games and My Games] or anywhere else.

Maybe it's my browser (Chrome) is hiding it?

Either way, waiting now for the box to come, save and sound. :(

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

So basically if you've already bought the game for 20 bucks they are giving you a 10 dollar discount so you can buy the thing you've already bought again. Lol, 100 bucks is already a bit too much (okay, it's not that bad for a CE, I just don't want a CE), I don't like the figurine and the only thing I wanted was a box and a floppy so no thanks. :(

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 17 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

• el fundador

View PostZaxx, on 17 July 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

So basically if you've already bought the game for 20 bucks they are giving you a 10 dollar discount so you can buy the thing you've already bought again. Lol, 100 bucks is already a bit too much (okay, it's not that bad for a CE, I just don't want a CE), I don't like the figurine and the only thing I wanted was a box and a floppy so no thanks. :(

In this case, it sounds like the future production runs would be more interesting to you. They will basically just be the box, the floppy, and probably the soundtrack disc, for a much lower price.

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Question: How many eps is Ion Maiden going to have?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

In this case, it sounds like the future production runs would be more interesting to you. They will basically just be the box, the floppy, and probably the soundtrack disc, for a much lower price.

That's great to hear! I thought this was a one-off thing.

• el fundador

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 July 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

That's great to hear! I thought this was a one-off thing.

The Founder's Edition is a one-off. A more "regular" edition should be available later. :(

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

The Founder's Edition is a one-off. A more "regular" edition should be available later. :(

You're not very good at this are you?
Make a frenzy -

So Mr. TerminX, may I call you Tx? Going to anyway.
Hey Tx, how many of them thar Founder's Editions were made?

User is offline   Hank 

^ does not have to :unsure:
Home page of Ion Maiden reads: Copies left, 243 ... and this is just the first day. :D

Congrats Voidpoint :D

[added]
Now it is at 241 238, so two lots of copies gone within 15 minutes, :(
Frenzy is on ................. :(

p.s. Thanks, MusicallyInpired for posting, the way those boxes sell, I prolly would have missed it, I don't visit Steam that often.

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 17 July 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

^ does not have to :unsure:
Home page of Ion Maiden reads: Copies left, 243 ... and this is just the first day. :D

Congrats Voidpoint :D

[added]
Now it is at 241 238, so two lots of copies gone within 15 minutes, :(
Frenzy is on ................. :(

The correct answer is, "what is 500"?

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

whoever didn't post it up on the front page is drunk

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 17 July 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

whoever didn't post it up on the front page is drunk

This front page ? It's there, right on top.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I just bought mine but I apparently didn't get the discount.

It was the shipping costs that really choked me, but the first Build game in 20 years only comes once.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Press F5 to update the front page

This post has been edited by Fox: 17 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTerminX, on 17 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Nice! :(

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 17 July 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

The new screenshots look damn good (I spy two new enemy types)!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pretty good, the last screenshot has some Blood vibes to it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Question for the devs: Is the preview campaign more or less all we were going to get originally when Ion Maiden was just a bonus for Bombshell?

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options