Duke4.net Forums: DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build - Duke4.net Forums

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 90% Complete Goalposts Shift to 2002 Build  "3DR wants to release it, but it's up to Gearbox"

User is online   Lunick 

Whoever shared the screenshots does not have access to the game but most likely knows someone who shared the above screenshots of the game.

User is offline   The Nate 

View PostZEN_Ivan, on 04 July 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

shotgun has acid, buck, slug,

Ok, I've heard of dragon's breath shells before, but that sounds fucking nuts!

rpg has nuke/rocket,
Trying to be like Lo Wang, eh Duke?

pipebomb is called "multibomb"has sticky, proximity, and detonator modes.

Now that sounds like Blood.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I have privately seen some evidence that this 4chan poster is a guy named OmniscientHD who does not have any DNF materials besides the few screenshots collected from Fred's private livestreams and such.

User is offline   Mark 

After going to the link provided, once again I see that most gaming forum websites are crap compared to Duke4's layout.

View PostPikaCommando, on 04 July 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

I wonder how well the UI elements scale in modern widescreen resolutions like 1920x1080?

:(

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by SilenceSam'sSilence: 05 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

User is online   Jblade 

View PostHendricks266, on 05 July 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

I have privately seen some evidence that this 4chan poster is a guy named OmniscientHD who does not have any DNF materials besides the few screenshots collected from Fred's private livestreams and such.

it's sad to see people still falling for this shit - even having some webms made up would of made him seem a little bit more authentic, but nope.

I'm happy with whatever new screens/info we can get.

View PostMark., on 05 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

After going to the link provided, once again I see that most gaming forum websites are crap compared to Duke4's layout.

Does 4chan even count as a gaming forum?

User is offline   Mark 

A hypothetical question. Lets say it was known that 20 people had access to a certain version of the project. If one of those people leaked it is there any traces left behind that a forensics search could find. Such as when the leaker loading and playing the game might create a cfg or ini file. Viewing graphics and videos or listening to the sound files. Transferring the project zip or folder to a different place on the HD. Or would they be pretty safe from being discovered as long as they figured a better way to upload than from their home I.P.?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 July 2018 - 06:18 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMark., on 06 July 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

A hypothetical question. Lets say it was known that 20 people had access to a certain version of the project. If one of those people leaked it is there any traces left behind that a forensics search could find. Such as when the leaker loading and playing the game might create a cfg or ini file. Viewing graphics and videos or listening to the sound files. Transferring the project zip or folder to a different place on the HD. Or would they be pretty safe from being discovered as long as they figured a better way to upload than from their home I.P.?

There are definitely traces that can get accidentally left. For example, some of the Apogee games in the 3D Realms Anthology have their default high score files ruined by accidental additions from the Interceptor team who put it together and tested it. However, not all of these traces leave identifying information, and defendants have been found not guilty of computer crimes because the prosecution could not prove they were "sitting in the chair" operating the computer from which the crime originated.

Does anyone know what the POWER as displayed in the HUD does?

Posted Image
Stamina for sprinting?

Also, what's with the giant forcefield over the Lady Killer in here and the 2006 trailer? It's not in the final game and I don't recall anything like that in the leaked 2009 storyboard.

View PostPikaCommando, on 09 July 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Various SOS (electrical) abilities.

Also, what's with the giant forcefield over the Lady Killer in here and the 2006 trailer? It's not in the final game and I don't recall anything like that in the leaked 2009 storyboard.

Jetpacks are a bitch.

This post has been edited by SilenceSam'sSilence: 09 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Posted Image
Stamina for sprinting?

Seems obvious its to constrain you from flying out to the rest of the strip with the jetpack.
Could've been a section of the game made specifically for jetpack use while it might've rarely been used outside of it.

User is offline   ZEN_Ivan 

I know that DNF 2001 gameplay was shown in a private stream but is showing a bit of new footage of the game deemed illegal if so that's kinda of lame.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

So just to be clear: The guy on 4chan was lying and just reposting stuff the was already circulating or are some people on damage control and denying everything said by that person?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDr_Proton, on 11 July 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

So just to be clear: The guy on 4chan was lying and just reposting stuff the was already circulating or are some people on damage control and denying everything said by that person?

I'm not a liar.

That thread's OP didn't deliver with anything else, so that should speak for itself.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View PostHendricks266, on 11 July 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm not a liar.

That thread's OP didn't deliver with anything else, so that should speak for itself.

Well to be fair he said that he will leak it "next month" and also this:

"i've done this for a personal reason, but it'll leak eventually, if not randy's package will come out sometime this year or the start of next year,
hopefully that OTHER cowardly anonymous will leak HIS version of the game, but time will tell,"

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

That's not a forcefield. It's a LED ceiling display from a street in Las Vegas.

Posted Image

However there's some glitch causing it to be rendered behind the building.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 11 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

In the 2006 footage, theres a forcefield surrounding the hotel

User is offline   Duke4Beta 

View PostHulkNukem, on 11 July 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

In the 2006 footage, theres a forcefield surrounding the hotel

Yeah man! I remember seeing that. I watch that footage atleast 4 times a month, just inspecting everything I can from the materials provided.

Still notice new stuff some-times.

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 11 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostDr_Proton, on 11 July 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

So just to be clear: The guy on 4chan was lying and just reposting stuff that was already circulating or are some people on damage control and denying everything said by that person?

I'm pretty sure it's damage control. More and more stuff keeps coming out, and that poster claims to be different than the other set of leaks. That stuff is new material, I have scoured the internet for as long as I can remember for material on DNF, I would have these shots before.

That being said, Gearbox wants to polish the builds and making an experience out of it. That would do nothing but murder the original thing.

I wish someone would just dump the builds...all of them. Max files and PSD files, all of it. Would be a complete fascination to me.

As far as the poster being legit or not, maybe, maybe not. I'm not certain, but somehow, he got his hands on those shots, which if another poster is to be believed, the stuff is from a Fred's private livestream.

There also seems to be a developer from 3D realms who verified the material, but that could be just some random person on the internet.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDr_Proton, on 11 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Well to be fair he said that he will leak it "next month" and also this:

"i've done this for a personal reason, but it'll leak eventually, if not randy's package will come out sometime this year or the start of next year,
hopefully that OTHER cowardly anonymous will leak HIS version of the game, but time will tell,"

Don't you love unfalsifiable assertions?

View PostDuke4Beta, on 11 July 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's damage control.

Are you calling me a liar? Why would I do damage control of something I have no stake in?

More and more stuff keeps coming out, and that poster claims to be different than the other set of leaks.

That can be explained by the extent to which DNF material was privately streamed starting when 3D Realms was bought and continuing at least until the Gearbox lawsuit settlement.

There also seems to be a developer from 3D realms who verified the material, but that could be just some random person on the internet.

Where?

View PostHendricks266, on 11 July 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Don't you love unfalsifiable assertions?

Are you calling me a liar? Why would I do damage control of something I have no stake in?

That can be explained by the extent to which DNF material was privately streamed starting when 3D Realms was bought and continuing at least until the Gearbox lawsuit settlement.

Where?

Oh boy, never knew these facts =/

Actually never read your comment Hendricks. Damn, you burst my bubble of hope.

I'm in an abusive relationship with Duke Nukem Forever...lmao

EDIT:

So wait, that means that someone from 3D realms actually has this material and is leaking it?

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 11 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostDuke4Beta, on 11 July 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

So wait, that means that someone from 3D realms actually has this material and is leaking it?

Define "3D Realms".

Probably not.

View PostFox, on 11 July 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

That's not a forcefield. It's a LED ceiling display from a street in Las Vegas.

However there's some glitch causing it to be rendered behind the building.

Yeah there are two different things. There is the giant animated arc that is nothing more than visual flavor over the exit to the Lady Killer.

But there is also footage of the entire Lady Killer being surrounded by a force field.

View PostSilenceSam, on 11 July 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Define "3D Realms".

Probably not.

Yeah there are two different things. There is the giant animated arc that is nothing more than visual flavor over the exit to the Lady Killer.

But there is also footage of the entire Lady Killer being surrounded by a force field.

Speaking of the ego system, I've been looking back at 2003 footage, and compared it to previous dnf pics.
What's the deal with the ego system exactly? It seems like initially it was ego as health back in 2001, then health was split apart in 03 with ego acting like some type of armor, and then ego went back to being health in 2006.
I assume the ego system came in 2001 and it wasn't in Quake 2 DNF (that I assume was just regular health and armor a la Duke 3d)

Speaking of never speaking of the ego system.

View PostFuturetime23, on 11 July 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Speaking of the ego system...

Duke's ego is his life.

Drinking poo water gives a survivable level of self respect. At least you tried.

Post is 100% fan fiction.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Drink shit and live!

I always wondered why when the dad of the kid that you sign an autograph for makes fun of your height your ego doesn't drop.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Do we have a collection of all the "leaked" new screenshots of DNF somewhere yet?

Really wish gearbox would just release the build as-is, i'd love to play around with some of this shit

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options