Duke4.net Forums: E3 2018 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018  "What to watch for?"

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 June 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Half-assed means they didn't put any effort into it. That's obviously not the case.

Sure but that's not the case in 99% of AAA titles, there is a ton work put into every single game like that yet you can call stuff like Assassin's Creed Unity half-assed because something went wrong during production and the end result was not the experience that was intended by the devs and the publisher.

So half-assed does not equal lazy on the AAA market, we agree on that... but still you can't help but notice that Remedy failed to flesh out the intended concept with Quantum Break. They may have fucked up pre-production, they may have not prototyped the experience correctly, maybe the game's features were locked too early during development so they spent a year polishing a turd, frak knows, the point is that the game did not feel like the game Remedy intended to make. Compared to that Alan Wake had some mechanical shortcomings and some of it was uninspired too but on the whole it was a fantastic game.

Honestly I think that Quantum Break's fucked up state may have something to do with Alan Wake's failure. Remedy was clearly prepared to make a sequel to that game but the sales sucked so they made American Nightmare in order to at least do something with what they had for AW2 and then they instantly jumped on QB... without much thought I guess. For example Sam Lake's writing was amazing in Alan Wake (AW is hands down better written than Max Payne and that's quite the accomplishment) but even his work sucked ass in QB.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 17 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ok, certain aspects of the management of the game was half-assed. To be honest, I haven't played the game at all so I don't really have any idea. I just don't think live action + video games works. Didn't work with Enter The Matrix either.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Why isn't this a meme yet btw?
Posted Image
Small talk.

• The Sarien Encounter

Soon as I went looking for reaction videos I saw Twins cover memes.

User is offline   M.C. Jammer 

• Richard Shead 2: Banned Harder

View PostZaxx, on 18 June 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Why isn't this a meme yet btw?
Posted Image
Small talk.

Verne Troyer and Jesus Christ return to earth in Doom: Eternal.

User is offline   leilei 

I've seen more talk about the size differences than Magnus' "He invented the first person shooter" comment gone uncorrected/FleetwoodMac'd....

This post has been edited by leilei: 22 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 June 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

Ok, certain aspects of the management of the game was half-assed. To be honest, I haven't played the game at all so I don't really have any idea.

The ending was certainly half-assed.
Spoiler

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 June 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

I just don't think live action + video games works. Didn't work with Enter The Matrix either.

That's a matter of opinion. For me, live action sequences worked in Enter the Matrix, in the Command and Conquer tetralogy and in Alan Wake because they bring the story forward. But in Quantum Break, they don't. They tell a parallel story.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 22 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I think there's a difference between Hollywood quality live action cutscenes and little blue-screened live action sequences like those of C&C, Crusader: No Remorse/Regret, AvP, etc. I don't think they worked well in Enter. But that's me.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options