• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you watched lately ?  "... movie, TV show [may contain spoilers]"

User is offline   Jeff 

Futurama: Assie Come Home

User is offline   ---- 

Jurassic World - The Fallen Kingdom (started two weeks earlier here than in NA).

Spoiler Free Review:
I went in with expecting family friendly entertainment with some dinosaurs and als read the bad reviews.
And I was suprised how good it was ... until 30 minutes into the movie where it suddenly became one of the most boring movies I ever sat through. If I hadn't been there with friends I had left the cinema.
So, if you plan to see it you might want to ask if you can only pay a third as you will leave after a third anyways.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 June 2018 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's too bad. Big fan of Chris Pratt lately and I enjoyed the first one.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 June 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

That's too bad. Big fan of Chris Pratt lately and I enjoyed the first one.

Funny thing is that I read some mediocre to bad reviews and during the first half I thought that this is great fun and wondered where the bad reviews came from.

But then ... maybe you enjoy the second half too.

User is offline   Merlijn 

View Postfuegerstef, on 07 June 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Jurassic World - The Fallen Kingdom (started two weeks earlier here than in NA).

Spoiler Free Review:
I went in with expecting family friendly entertainment with some dinosaurs and als read the bad reviews.
And I was suprised how good it was ... until 30 minutes into the movie where it suddenly became one of the most boring movies I ever sat through. If I hadn't been there with friends I had left the cinema.
So, if you plan to see it you might want to ask if you can only pay a third as you will leave after a third anyways.

I saw the movie yesterday and I somewhat agree.
First half is actually really nice, probably the best the series has been since the Original JP.
The pacing is strong, the scenes are beautifully shot, there are a few nice nods to the first movie etc.

The second half is a completely different film, and while I wasn't bored it wasn't quite as strong as the first half.

Spoilers:
Spoiler

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Home Alone (1990)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Volcano (1997)

• The Sarien Encounter

After catching up over the last couple months on all the Marvel movies right from the beginning, we all went out and watched Avengers Infinity War on Tue for my son's 10th birthday. Great movie. I'm just sad that Bucky didn't play more of a part after building him up so much. Also was expecting them all to fight together, but I guess it makes sense having two separate battles in different locations. It's incredibly well balanced for the amount of characters featured. Not perfect. There are some small contrivances, but pretty darn good. I doubt it could have actually been any better.

User is offline   Hank 

from my ancient movies
American Psycho

Fight Club

both are about insane peeps, but hey, who is actually 'normal' :(

User is offline   ---- 

Argentina vs Iceland (2018)

User is offline   Mark 

Yesterday I watched "The Grass Growing" and the sequel "Paint Drying". :(

Tonight I'm going to watch "A Pot that Never Boils".

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Nothing like the blockbusters Mark. enjoyed, but ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The blob (1988)

• The Sarien Encounter

I just watched The Death Cure tonight. I loved Maze Runner but I was SO disappointed with the direction the story took with Scorch Trials. Just another post-apocalyptic zombie/infected story. However, I watched it again recently and actually grew to really admire how the story was told rather than the setting and atmosphere. And the characters are great too. Spotted some timeless archetypes in there and it all made sense to me suddenly. In some ways I think it's a better movie than Maze Runner. Death Cure follows suit and ups the drama tenfold. Everything that happened was just fantastically done. I just don't like the setting or the synopsis lol. Maze Runner is my favourite for its setting and mystery and strangeness. I just don't like where it led. But each story fundamentally gets better and better and there's no denying that and it was translated extremely well on screen in my opinion. Well done, Wes Ball.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I watched the death cure on the theater before, I really loved it.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The humiliating defeat of the German national team vs South Korea in the current World Championship. Guess it's really a bad idea to go for another title right after the previous one...

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNightFright, on 27 June 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

The humiliating defeat of the German national team vs South Korea in the current World Championship. Guess it's really a bad idea to go for another title right after the previous one...

It was such a joy to watch (yes, I am German but I even had hoped they would have been out after the match against Sweden).

• The Truth is in here

Well, it was probably better to leave the tournament after the group phase rather than continue to the round of 16 just to get totally raped by Brazil. It's not fun to see history repeat itself with reversed roles, so I guess Germans should be kinda relieved.

To sum it up, Hand Banana would have described the match like this:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

User is offline   Hank 

My older brother was shocked. :( Yet, Fußball is big in Germany, there is lot's a hope in future. For now, maybe Mexico? Just to see a new country winning the cup

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Case 39 (2009)

• The Truth is in here

Yesterday: "It" (2017). Absolutely worth it. "The Goonies" meets horror.

User is offline   Malgon 

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. It's been very informative and enjoyable and quite easy and relaxing to watch.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Hollow man (2000)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Hollow man 2 (2006)

User is offline   Mark 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

I just watched The Death Cure tonight. I loved Maze Runner but...

I missed that movie because after its first run in the high priced theatres it disappeared without ever playing at the budget theatre. :(

• The Sarien Encounter

Too bad. It's quite good.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Avengers : infinity war on the big screen (2018)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Too bad. It's quite good.

I second that. I flushed it first because of the critics, but they were wrong.

• The Sarien Encounter

I think the Maze Runner movies are fascinating. Each one excels in a different area. The first one was just incredible for atmosphere and setting. The mystery and the strangeness was a very effective intrigue device. The second one portrayed archetypes and symbolism very well. Setting and atmosphere didn't matter to me in that one. The third one excelled at drama, individual, and interpersonal character development. Oh, and action. I wonder if that was on purpose? For the books?

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options