Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "see you after Aftershock"

User is offline   Hawke 

Still don't have a complete list of credits of everyone who created it in the first place. Going ahead and creating, adding or changing a lot of content may end up being a wasted effort because of this. Finding names leads to the (increasingly slimmer) possibility of different content. In an attempt to make everything as close to the original intention as possible this is a necessity. Huge progress has been made on this over time but it's not quite there yet. I'm not part of the dev team directly so not an authority on this, but I imagine it's a big part.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHendricks266, on 05 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

Yes, Hawke found the DK "story".

https://web.archive....c/licensed.html

This thing is borderline incoherent (not to mention inconsistent with other established SW plot), and the team is treating it like a draft of the plot. At least parts of it are reflected in the data: the art has frames for "D-Cup" similar to Lara Croft in SW, and there is a place where a voice quote is supposed to play in the first level which would make sense to be the grandmother, kind of like Master Leep (the mapper even made Lo Wang say his Master Leep quote at this point iirc).

"Monkey Shine". Wilcox might have an addiction with this idiom. One of his Duke!Zone 2 episodes was called "Monkey Shines", and he (or the members of his sillysoft team) also made a map with the same title for the mapstravaganza contest.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostJimmy, on 06 June 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

My favourite part is that SillySoft seemed obsessed with the phrase "Monkey Shine" because that also appeared as an episode name in Duke!Zone 2

Hah, didn't read that one.

User is offline   Kyanos 

How much is this gonna cost and where are you guys going to be selling it? Steam? Android?

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostDrek, on 10 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

How much is this gonna cost and where are you guys going to be selling it? Steam? Android?

From what I know, it's going to be free, same as all the other released expansions. Although, I would be willing to pay for it. :P

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Definitely free. My understanding is that Joe Wilcox wouldn't allow it to be sold, anyway.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's to be freeware like the other two addons.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, you guys are going to get bucks from me for the Bombshell prequel, anyway. I'll consider the DK addon to be a bonus. :P

User is offline   Marscaleb 

I just found about about this project, and I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to it. I like the idea of playing as a female ninja, and having the enemies in the game look like, well, regular ninjas. plus the whole concept that you are finishing something was never completed rather than starting your own new thing; it's a really pleasing concept. How are you guys deciding how to draw the line on what existing assets are "finished" versus ones that need more polish?

Any chance you guys got some newer screenshots you could share? I'm a little curious what the project is looking like.

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMarscaleb, on 24 February 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

I like the idea of playing as a female ninja, and having the enemies in the game look like, well, regular ninjas.

I still can't beelive it was the original idea (to replace the protagonist of the game). It's not SW anymore if there's a completely new character. I never saw such things being featured in the addons for old FPS's.
Maybe Silly Soft had a chance market the addon as a standalone game if they had the budget...but we all know how it turned out.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostSanek, on 25 February 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

I still can't beelive it was the original idea (to replace the protagonist of the game). It's not SW anymore if there's a completely new character. I never saw such things being featured in the addons for old FPS's.

Mysteries of the Sith.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Opposing Force? Blue Shift?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 February 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Opposing Force? Blue Shift?

Okay okay. I actually forgot about HL addons.

User is offline   leilei 

I76 Nitro replaces Groove Champion with Taurus, Hexen II adds a succubusdemoness class (who is directly involved with the plot)....

This post has been edited by leilei: 25 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostX-Vector, on 25 February 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

Mysteries of the Sith just turned 20 years old. :dukecigar:

I really wish that era of LucasArts was still going strong. They were a superb studio, which produced excellent Star Wars games and complimented them with amazing original properties. Ah, well, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. :)

User is offline   Marscaleb 

View PostSanek, on 25 February 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

I never saw such things being featured in the addons for old FPS's.

long list of examples where this happened

To be fair, that was still a big thing for a company as low-tier as Silly Soft to do.

• Weaponized Autism

Sunstorm turned Duke and his world into something influenced by Leisure Suit Larry for Caribbean. Wanton Destruction has its own set of unique Lo Wang one-liners.

View PostMarscaleb, on 24 February 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

How are you guys deciding how to draw the line on what existing assets are "finished" versus ones that need more polish?

It's fairly clear what it needs to be taken from its unfinished state to a "final" product. There are assets missing (artwork and voice acting) and existing assets have not gone all the way through a full development pipeline.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Sunstorm turned Duke and his world into something influenced by Leisure Suit Larry for Caribbean. Wanton Destruction has its own set of unique Lo Wang one-liners.

It's fairly clear what it needs to be taken from its unfinished state to a "final" product. There are assets missing (artwork and voice acting) and existing assets have not gone all the way through a full development pipeline.

Guys what is keeping you to add extra art, female voices etc, etc to Deadly Kiss?? (besides extra time)

• Weaponized Autism

If you or anyone is interested in contributing these things, please send me a PM.

Martin, have you heard about Ion Maiden? We're busy with it at the moment.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

If you or anyone is interested in contributing these things, please send me a PM.

Yes, I bought it months ago! Great stuff! Can wait for the mulitplayer!

All my friends of my country bought it and loved it as well!

MULTIPLAYER NOW!!! :(

User is offline   Dan 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Wanton Destruction has its own set of unique Lo Wang one-liners.

It did? Honestly I played through the whole thing and don't recall any new dialogue other than the gangsters screaming “Damn you!” every time they're shot,

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I recall Lo Wang saying something about peanuts on the plane.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I remember Lo Wang saying "Life is good" sometimes when picking up a new weapon in WT, pretty sure it's a new quote (well, I think they replaced some original files). There's some more stuff but I don't remember what they are.

• Weaponized Autism

It may be that fan repackagings of the expansion have missed some of its data in an effort to shrink WT.GRP.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 05 June 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

It may be that fan repackagings of the expansion have missed some of its data in an effort to shrink WT.GRP.

PM Sent Hendricks :(

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Some concept art ideas (very fast sketches) for the third level of Deadly Kiss:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is an older one for another unreleased (officialy) game, I think it suits the character:

Posted Image

Feedback is appreciated

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I like it. The 3rd image is perhaps a tad too reminiscent of the first level of Wanton Destruction though.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 14 June 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

I like it. The 3rd image is perhaps a tad too reminiscent of the first level of Wanton Destruction though.

The maps are already built, and any resemblance is purely coincidental. Martin's concept art is for the detailing pass, which they never received.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

I got a couple questions about Ion Maiden:

1) Will it be open sourced eventually, like Duke and SW?

2) Will it end up on GOG, too?

Also, at least from what I've seen of Ion Maiden so far, it already looks to be a classic.

This post has been edited by Master O: 14 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMaster O, on 14 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

1) Will it be open sourced eventually, like Duke and SW?

It is! :(

View PostMaster O, on 14 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

2) Will it end up on GOG, too?

It is! :P

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options