Duke4.net Forums: Legend Of Iconoclast cutscenes project - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legend Of Iconoclast cutscenes project

As a practical solution to add a lore without occupy too much bytes on the hard disk of who downloads it, Dwayne Anderson has chosen to write external text files for his Legend Of Iconoclast remake, but it means that you have to close the game at the begin/end of certain levels and manually open a txt to know how the story goes. A process that breaks the pacing for some, but he certainly did not write all this without anyone reading it.

So why not expose the plot in ingame FMV that shown what is written into the text files? The whole thing may be more fluent to read in little chunks.

There is the first attempt, each screen is setted to have a lapse time of 30 seconds. You need a videoplayer that can execute .smk or edit a Blood .ini file if you want to see it ingame.

Attached File  LOI Cutscene prototype.zip (751.47K)
Number of downloads: 14

-- POLL --

Should I continue with this project?

*Continue, I'd also like to see the text dubbed (someone to make voice acting required. including a good Logan's impression).

*Continue, but use a background music only.

*Continue but I don't care to hear anything, the cutscenes can stay silent.

*No need and it takes more space, I still keep to exit the game and read the files.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

Can you NOT replace all of the sounds in the game including Stephen Weyte's lines? Thanks.

This post has been edited by Bruno Mattei: 20 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

1 - That not the purpose.
2 - It is not very respectful towards the author.
3 - The man you play during the addon it's not Caleb.

Returning to the topic route guys, the "calibri" font is readable and suitable enough? I'm not totally convinced about the very first screen with the title anyway, I should use the Blood ingame font for it?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

It's your mod so do what you want but I'm just being honest. The new sounds sucked. And whoever did the replacement voice for Stephen Weyte was terrible That voice took me right out of the mod and gave it a bootleg quality.

User is offline   fgsfds 

You do realize that he's not LOI's author?

He knows them I'm sure.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I would say it's a good idea. I'll go for "Continue, but use a background music only."

User is offline   SPILL 

Bruno Mattei, I think you really need to take a breath and step back for a second. You come across as agitated. Every post you have left on this forum ends in a complaint. In fact I'm not sure why you are a Blood fan at all. I suggest you take a break from this forum and do some soul searching to find out if you even like this game.

View PostSPILL, on 26 May 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Bruno Mattei, I think you really need to take a breath and step back for a second. You come across as agitated. Every post you have left on this forum ends in a complaint. In fact I'm not sure why you are a Blood fan at all. I suggest you take a break from this forum and do some soul searching to find out if you even like this game.

Nice bait. Very obvious bait too. But think whatever you want dude.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options