• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

ETA for the next release?

User is offline   m210® 

We need to test it a bit. Soon

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View PostMr. Death, on 10 March 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

I noticed that the secondary controls for the mouse buttons always reset to the defaults every time I restart BloodGDX. This is a problem because I always use mwheeldn for "next weapon" & mwheelup for "previous weapon", but because the default settings are the opposite they conflict with each other & weapon switching becomes messed up. I have to clear/delete the secondary controls every time I restart BloodGDX.

This is still an issue in 0.790.

New release is great. Thanks!

I was playing through episode 3 and noticed this visual bug still in the game:

Posted Image

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 27 April 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

I've got a feeling that one will continue to be in the game for a long time yet. It used to cause issues in the original DOS version.

It's been a long time since I played the original DOS version so I can't remember.

User is offline   Nachuro 

As of 0.790, Caleb's voice lines always play at max volume, regardless of what the actual "sound" volume is set to. This also applies to the Bloodbath announcer's voice lines (as heard in Death Wish). In the previous version, the voice lines scaled with the "sound" volume.

It might just be me, but the changes to smooth X and Y axes feel a little off. If there was a change from how things were done prior to 0.790, I'd like the option to switch back and forth between the two.

This post has been edited by Nachuro: 27 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNachuro, on 27 April 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

It might just be me, but the changes to smooth X and Y axes feel a little off.

What exactly is wrong with it?

User is offline   Nachuro 

View Postfgsfds, on 27 April 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

What exactly is wrong with it?

It feels heavier and less precise than it used to. Finer mouse movements feel slower and artificially smoothed out, rather than matching my input perfectly.

It may just be in my head, but I swear it feels different. My mouse's sensitivity is very high, so that could be affecting things.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The non-power of 2 rendering bug is fixed again. However, it breaks my (unreleased) background upscale pack (previous version works fine, it has to do with me going from 2x to 3x scaling, 3x scaling breaks witchavengdx as well) https://i.imgur.com/hUNLMPG.jpg

M210 - are you ok with me including v0.789 with the background upscale pack v2?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 April 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

The non-power of 2 rendering bug is fixed again. However, it breaks my (unreleased) background upscale pack (previous version works fine, it has to do with me going from 2x to 3x scaling, 3x scaling breaks witchavengdx as well) https://i.imgur.com/hUNLMPG.jpg

M210 - are you ok with me including v0.789 with the background upscale pack v2?

So, people wanted to fix texture offsets on some levels, and they got it :P

I will see, what can I do

I tested it only on skybox (maybe 2x, I forgot)

This post has been edited by M210: 28 April 2018 - 05:48 AM

Fixing texture offsets on the unmodified game takes precedence to fan mods :lol:

It will probably work if scaled to 4x instead. but that would make an already bloated graphics pack even bigger :P (I'm thinking of a compromise, taking palette 0 at 4x scale while the rest of the graphics use 2x scale, maybe handpicking commonly used graphics for other palettes at 4x as well)

Would including v0789 with it (the 3x scaled version) be ok though?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 April 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

Would including v0789 with it (the 3x scaled version) be ok though?

I think no, it just need to fix texture coordinates

This post has been edited by M210: 28 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's a bad idea to force users to use outdated version that is worse that the current one. It's better to wait for a fix.

The skyboxes are a non-standard resolution of 960x960 but they work.

from the look of it, sprites are ok, and textures applied on top of another texture, it's just textured walls/floors/ceilings that break.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 28 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 27 April 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

And it will remain unless ROR is fixed in Polymost or better rendered is made.

View PostTiddalick, on 27 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

I've got a feeling that one will continue to be in the game for a long time yet. It used to cause issues in the original DOS version.

DOS version had a different problem. Due to the flawed sorting algorithm, two synced sectors like these could easily go out of sync. This one is fixed in BGDX.

Attached File  blood_004.png (108.91K)
Number of downloads: 23

User is offline   supergoofy 

The background pack v1 is causing crashes in 0.790 (not tested in earlier versions). I have to use -Xmx500m but it still cause crashes when watching the recorded demos by fgsfds. More ram it also cause crashes (for example 1024MB, -Xmx1024m). You would expect that more RAM will resolve any problems.

Edit:
Less ram seems that it fixed the bug??????????????????

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 28 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

at what point does the game crash?

1. To verify the bug use the demos from https://forums.duke4...post__p__299718
I have unpacked them to blood folder.
The folder includes the 4 demos that included in Blood + the demos pack from fgsfds
BloodGDX starts to play the 1st official demo that is included in Blood then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then the demos by fgsfds

2. it depends on how much ram you will give it. For example if you use -Xmx1024m it will crash after 1st demo. If you give less, for example -Xmx500m, it will play more demos before it crashes.
If you give it even less for example -Xmx400m, it will play even more demos before the crash.

Obviously there is a minimum ram limit, else it will not load the game.

Crazy bug???

3. autoload folder includes Phredreeke's background, skyboxes, graphics, also the voxels and a music pack (from a topic in the forum).

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 28 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

Ok, I never ran either of them from the autoload folder (running them with separate folders + bloodgdx.def). I'm letting the demos run with the -Xmx1024 and it played the four demos through without crashing.

Maybe the problem is that I have the zip files in autoload. I will unpack them and check if it fixes this.

[edit]

removed zip files from autoload, unpacked them, but this didn't fix the problem.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 28 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I have no idea, I'm starting to have problems with it too now

Edit: However, if I run v0789 I have no crashing.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 28 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Try with -Xmx384m it seems that almost fixed the problem. At least It plays demos for 20min (I then closed bloodgdx myself).

User is offline   m210® 

View Postsupergoofy, on 28 April 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Try with -Xmx384m it seems that almost fixed the problem. At least It plays demos for 20min (I then closed bloodgdx myself).

There is no crash messages? Are you tried to launch it in console? Console 100% will show some messages. Btw, default heapsize is 256mb

I have send you a p.m. with the error logs from console

User is offline   J432 

New joystick support is great but when I try to configure joystick buttons it sometimes (seems to be random) writes Joy 9 after pushing enter and then does not react to any DualShock buttons. Configuration works again only after restarting BloodGDX.

This post has been edited by J432: 29 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

Till now I used the x86 java (either jportable or the latest official java installed).

I tried 64bit jportable and it now works, I let it play demos for over 30min.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 29 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

I did another test with 64bit java, I let it play demos for over 1h, no crash. I also used the background, graphics, skyboxes packs by Phredreeke (I unpacked them).

In task manager the Java™ Platform SE binary (javaw.exe) occupied more than 4GB of RAM. And it was still increasing. I have 16GB of RAM, so it doesn't crash yet (1h and 20min and it still plays the demos).

Maybe there is a bug in preload textures feature (memory leak?).

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 29 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

User is offline   JimmehCake 

Hello! I want to once again thank you for all the work you've been doing so far, I'm overjoyed that Blood is finally going places. I'm currently dealing with a couple of issues that seem hard to solve on my own so I was hoping to get some insight from you and if needed help you fix these problems by testing your fixes.

I have to following problems at the moment:

1. My computer slows down to a crawl and becomes extremely choppy when I launch BGDX (after the launcher), after the game finished booting everything is back to normal. I've been messing around with the settings and it seems that this only happens when I have fullscreen enabled in the launcher. When I launch in Windowed mode everything works as expected. I just figured out that enabling the Borderless option still gives me exactly what I want so I can ignore this issue but I wanted to let you know anyway.

I've tried updating my drivers and I've tried both 32-bit and 64-bit but none of that fixed the issue. I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro build 1709, I have 2 monitors (1920x1080p60 and 1920x1080p120) and I'm using an AMD HD 7950 with the latest Radeon Adrenalin drivers (version 18.3.4)

2. Caleb is EXTREMELY LOUD compared to all my other sound and lowering the volume does not seem to impact this at all, the ambient sound also seems to be kinda loud.

3. The sound when you dive into water and the sound when you get out are both very odd, I'm either missing the diving/emerging sounds or they play at a very fast rate but it does not seem to be intended behaviour.

I've tried all the different MIDI settings but they don't make a difference for points 2 and 3 (didn't expect them to but I wanted to make sure anyway). I'm actually kinda curious about what the differences are between the available MIDI settings, I can't really hear a difference. Are there benefits to run one over the others?

This post has been edited by JimmehCake: 30 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options