• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostNancsi, on 23 April 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

I recognised the "Cops are pigs" banners had been replaced with "Pigs are cops". I think the original made sense, and was quite funny, this one well.... what's the meaning?

It was always supposed to be a Duke3D reference, but some morons thought it was a political statement so I changed it around. The intended meaning is the exact same now as it was before.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTerminX, on 23 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

some morons thought it was a political statement

Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It was always supposed to be a Duke3D reference, but some morons thought it was a political statement so I changed it around. The intended meaning is the exact same now as it was before.

Ugh...

User is offline   Hank 

anyone remember him?
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

I have a bunch of his great quotes saved on my HD.

User is offline   NNC 

Seriously, who cares what morons think? The original was a lot better.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

"Pigs are cops" just doesn't sound right. :P

What if "cops are pigs" was accompanied by the distinctive silhouette of the Duke 3D pigcop sprite?

One for the list of things to mode into the game when the full version comes out, I guess.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTrooper Dan, on 23 April 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

"Pigs are cops" just doesn't sound right. :P

What if "cops are pigs" was accompanied by the distinctive silhouette of the Duke 3D pigcop sprite?

I like this idea but my guess is that Voidpoint can't use the exact sprite silhouette from Duke 3D. Maybe there could be a different one that resembles it closely?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I feel "pigs are cops" is a more direct reference to Duke3D than it would be the other way around.

User is offline   MetHy 

I think "Pigs are cops" is more funny.

"Cops are pigs" was like "heh, double meaning" whether a political statement was intended or not.
While "Pigs are cops" is a direct reference which at the same time fools around that famous expression. It also fits with the kind of derative humour other Build games had.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 23 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Just take it as Yoda speech and suck it down. :P I understand why it had to be changed and don't think it makes the levels less fun or the pun less obvious.

User is offline   NNC 

I tried Queen of the Hill, and love the concept. The music is awesome, the weapon is awesome, unfortunately it has two flaws:

1. Stage 2 is terrible, the worst level in the entire thing. I mean c'mon, why the enemies are so hidden for so long? It's hard to make it in time. Other early levels had these problems (especially when you have 2 spiders left scattered) but not as badly as stage 2.
2. After the spider spam level my FPS drops to very low, and never really recovered.

As for the base game, I suspect "Salt & Fat" will be Ion Maiden's answer to "Duke Burger". I hope that thing gets his own level in the final release.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

For 1, wait for the next update :P
It's already fixed in the current test version.

• el fundador

Stage 2 being the way it is is pretty much the result of last minute changes fucking it up; there will be an additional update sometime in the near future to address it and some of the additional performance concerns.

We are straight up pushing the BUILD engine too hard.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I just realized there was a message in my Bombshell Digital Deluxe edition on GOG that said to go to my account in More>Serial Keys and I'd find a key for the Preview Campaign. Sure enough I redeemed it and now I have an entry for the preview campaign in my games list, not just as an extra bonus goodie download for Bombshell Digital Deluxe. It contains the second update installer so I can finally play QOTH now. In fact, the bonus goodie download link in Bombshell Digital Deluxe now just leads to a 403 forbidden error.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postoasiz, on 24 April 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

For 1, wait for the next update :P

i have the 3dr version. I'm still waiting for the first update [/sarcasm]

• el fundador

I'm going to try and make sure that never happens again.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

3DR's bungling aside,you guys are doing great with the updates. :P

User is offline   petrus 

Idea: Make bind "G" "gamefunc_Bowling_Bombs" a default setting? (so it's both on 6 and G)

User is offline   Kyanos 

Every so often I need to order something or other online, so I buy a prepaid credit card coz I don't use that shit normally. I've got a few purchases to make this weekend and I'm gonna put an extra couple bucks on the card to buy Ion Maiden too, can't wait.

Also wanted to say to the guys at Voidpoint that I'm happy for them. I hope this gets big and EDuke32 is used for many more games. Great work!

Spoiler

User is offline   Mark 

Replying to Drek's spoiler... I guess we'll never know. Eduke32 is his mistress and she's not talking. :P

User is offline   Shodanbot 

TerminX, I understand why you changed it and certainly don't blame you or your team. The last thing you want as a start-up business is "controversy" over some daffodils' misunderstanding of a reference. I may as well have a wee rant anyway, not at you, but about the daffodils.

One of my hobbies, out of a selection of strange hobbies, is reading court transcripts. Especially transcripts of criminal prosecutions. Well, a few years ago I read one particular case that will stick with me for the rest of my life, or at least so long as my mind remains sharp. It was a rape case involving a child. The relevant part of the transcript was from an expert witness for the prosecution: the physician who examined and treated the victim as she was brought in. The physician explained the victim's wounds in appalling detail. The victim, the 3-year-old daughter of the accused, had been raped so badly that it caused a tear from her vagina through her perineum until that tear met with her exterior sphincter. But what struck me was the horrifying thought of her examination and treatment of that poor child as she was brought into the ER ward. Not her first-hand account in print and spoken word for the benefit of the investigation and prosecution -- there's always something lost in both.

The thought of that rape case horrified and offended me, understandably, but the emotional (and physical) constitution of the physician as she explained the victim's wounds with unemotional professionalism was something to be admired. Certainly beyond my ability. So when I hear/read of delicate doilies who get offended by nothing but their own tedious neuroses, I think of that physician and I imagine them in her place.

User is offline   Hank 

from Russia with Love

https://kg-portal.ru...ija-ion-maiden/
(Best I can do with Google Translate)
As you can see, all the best features of shooters of the 90s proudly show off, in Ion Maiden.

User is offline   Jblade 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255521258

If anybody's a fan of Yahtzee's stuff he just streamed some Ion Maiden (after finishing Black Mesa) which is cool to see it get exposure on a relatively big stream

This post has been edited by Jblade: 29 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

User is offline   NNC 

I’m wondering this Candy is dandy, McMonster, Salt and fat stuff gets its own exposure in the final game. Some slight un-PC jokes about the unhealthy americunts would be priceless.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJblade, on 29 April 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255521258

If anybody's a fan of Yahtzee's stuff he just streamed some Ion Maiden (after finishing Black Mesa) which is cool to see it get exposure on a relatively big stream

I just started watching and already I noticed something that VP should take note of. Yahtzee wants to quick save, and immediately he looks for a quick save option in the keyboard setup. When it's not there, he concludes that the game has no quick save function. This is understandable and it's something that has bothered me before about Eduke32 but never mentioned. The same applies to any of the function key commands that are not configurable from the menu.

• el fundador

View PostNancsi, on 29 April 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

I’m wondering this Candy is dandy, McMonster, Salt and fat stuff gets its own exposure in the final game. Some slight un-PC jokes about the unhealthy americunts would be priceless.

You know, I myself am definitely an unhealthy Americunt, but my attitude here is more or less "anything goes." The easily offended are not our target market. :P

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTrooper Dan, on 29 April 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I just started watching and already I noticed something that VP should take note of. Yahtzee wants to quick save, and immediately he looks for a quick save option in the keyboard setup. When it's not there, he concludes that the game has no quick save function. This is understandable and it's something that has bothered me before about Eduke32 but never mentioned. The same applies to any of the function key commands that are not configurable from the menu.

To be fair the "READ ME!" menu options has the information about quicksaving, the problem is that nobody reads that. Maybe it would be a good idea to display that screen when someone starts a new game (or at least display a flashing message that says "Press F1 for whatever").

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 29 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostZaxx, on 29 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

To be fair the "READ ME!" menu options has the information about quicksaving, the problem is that nobody reads that. Maybe it would be a good idea to display that screen when someone starts a new game (or at least display a flashing message that says "Press F1 for whatever").

But we already do that :P

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options