• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Hank 

Still no word on 3D Realms ...
Fine!
I don't like to play second fiddle. Especially compared to the massive numbers shown on SteamSpy.
As they say: It's lonely on the top.
I'm used to be lonely, but not playing the second fiddle to the masses (i.e Steam)

Thus, fuck you guys. I got the game code on 3D Realms, and will watch the grass grow. It's time to move on.

Feel free to delete, since it would be deleted at fucking 3D Realms :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

This is nothing.
Wait until the final version has been out for three days and we are still waiting for 3DR to upload it to their server.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHank, on 13 April 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I don't like to play second fiddle. Especially compared to the massive numbers shown on SteamSpy.

Sorry for being offtopic but man, I'll miss SteamSpy, loved to be able to check out those estimate sales numbers.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'll be very disappointed with 3DR if they don't get the update out soon given it's the start of the weekend. It's by far their most successful game since their comeback several years ago, and they're not following through with what should be a very trivial action. I just hope that the majority of the money I spent buying it from the 3DR went to Voidpoint, and not 3DR itself.

User is offline   Forge 

this^

didn't you ask what was taking so long with the last update & they deleted the thread?
Something that should take less than 15 minutes (uploading the file to the server then putting a link on the owned games page).

3DR's web admin updates the site from Yugoslavia every third Tuesday using a 9600 baud dial-up modem.
Now you know.

(obvious disclaimer: voidpoint is not responsible for 3dr, 3dr's behavior, or their inaction)

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I don't want to play the devil's advocate here but really this stuff is to be expected. Steam has a massive, streamlined platform for this kind of stuff so it will always be easier to just update there first, when it comes to a publisher's own store this kind of thing is always a bit more complicated.

Here's the thing: we don't know what was the idea when April 12th was set as the day the patch drops but chances are they wanted to release it at the same time on all platforms (doing anything else would be stupid really). Voidpoint was a bit late with the patch even on Steam: according to what was posted on the Steam forums there were some last minute problems with the patch and that resulted in a bit of a delay so that could have had an effect on 3DR too.

And anyway I know that waiting for no apparent reason sucks balls but at most it will only be a few days. That's nothing.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Still no word on 3D Realms ...
Fine!
As they say: It's lonely on the top.
I'm used to be lonely, but not playing the second fiddle to the masses (i.e Steam)

Thus, fuck you guys. I got the game code on 3D Realms, and will watch the grass grow. It's time to move on.

The patch came out on Steam barely 24h ago. What's the point in being rude to us here about something out of our control?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It was already stated here that Steam would always have the updates first due to its infrastructure. Personally, I have no issues with that. 3DR will have the new version eventually. Just hope that we will be able to actually see it in our libraries. :P

• el fundador

Anyone who's not acting like a huge asshole can email their 3DR store receipt to me at richard@voidpoint.com and I'll hook you up with the updated version. :P

User is offline   Player Lin 

QofH mode is really cool, yeah, I suck at that (kinds), and keep failed at stage 2 or 3 because can't found enemies and run out of time then forced get killed, after found saving/loading(after 10 or more try, still can't pasted stage 3, with full of frustrations of "where the **** the last 2 or 3 enemies?!", as the indicator only shows when last one remaining) will count as cheating so I decide I want more fun by enable god mode...and yes, even with cheating, I still have a lot of fun. :lol:
(Too bad I can't save my score when cheating but whatever)

Maybe try that later if the "enemy can get stuck problem" fixed... :P
And sorry about cheating. :lol: :) :D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 14 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

The only update I'm waiting for right now is a WindowsXP/32 bit compatibility. It's ridiculous to have such high system requerments for such a game. Otherwise I have to play the entire game via my laptop. :P

• Honored Donor

Didn’t long term support for XP end years ago? For the sake of security you might want to update your OS, which has the added benefit of playing Ion Maiden.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTerminX, on 13 April 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Anyone who's not acting like a huge asshole can email their 3DR store receipt to me at richard@voidpoint.com and I'll hook you up with the updated version. :P

I apologize if it appeared as if I were being rude. Frustrated and facetious was my intent; and directed at 3dr, not voidpoint.
(i also accidentally hit the '-', so i hit the '+' elsewhere to make up for it, that reputation thing needs a timer to retract mistaken clicks).

I purchased it through 3dr to maximize your profits from the sale, but I'm disappointed in the lackadaisical attitude 3dr has taken.

As pointed out, if we post our questions about delays (or anything else that may have unfavorable annotations) at the 3dr forum, they ignore them, then delete them. Your house is the only place we can vent. It's not directed at you. Sorry 'bout that.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 April 2018 - 07:49 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNightFright, on 13 April 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Just hope that we will be able to actually see it in our libraries. :P

right-click the ion maiden game box & choose 'inspect element'
scroll down to the line that high-lights the download box (& has the purplish border)
Attached File  Untitled.jpg (138.9K)
Number of downloads: 13

click where the crappily drawn red arrow points
it'll show everything available in the download box (as shown)
Attached File  Untitled1.jpg (137.91K)
Number of downloads: 12

View PostTerminX, on 13 April 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Anyone who's not acting like a huge asshole

and I'm not sending you an email request. My apology is to apologize for any bad intent you may have picked up from my posts, not to suck ass just so I can get the update.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

• el fundador

View PostForge, on 14 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

I apologize if it appeared as if I were being rude. Frustrated and facetious was my intent; and directed at 3dr, not voidpoint.
(i also accidentally hit the '-', so i hit the '+' elsewhere to make up for it, that reputation thing needs a timer to retract mistaken clicks).

I purchased it through 3dr to maximize your profits from the sale, but I'm disappointed in the lackadaisical attitude 3dr has taken.

As pointed out, if we post our questions about delays (or anything else that may have unfavorable annotations) at the 3dr forum, they ignore them, then delete them. Your house is the only place we can vent. It's not directed at you. Sorry 'bout that.

Oh, my reply wasn't directed at you... I didn't think your post was out of line. I understand your irritation. I just don't care for Hank's reply, because I don't feel that we at Voidpoint personally did anything to warrant that kind of reaction.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 13 April 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

The patch came out on Steam barely 24h ago. What's the point in being rude to us here about something out of our control?

Oh, easy!
First off, the post describes my sentiments towards 3D Realms.

I asked for better interaction there two times. I won’t ask a third time

As for you, and Voidpoint; I am a fan of Mapster since it was version 0.4 . After years and years and years of struggling, you guys created a winning game. And I wanted to be part of this excitement, as a fan. Thanks to 3D Realms’ information distribution methods, I’m second fiddle.

And as before, delete my post(s) or send it to the Outhouse.

• el fundador

OK, so it looks like the guy responsible for sending the updates to GOG and packaging them up for the 3DR store caught the flu or other ailment when promoting the game at PAX. Things should be in motion now.

I understand your frustration, but you also have to understand that sometimes these things happen. It's not like there's any malicious intent here or anybody doesn't care about you as a customer because the platform you purchased the game on hasn't sold as many copies as the others.

I can't say I know anything about any posts made on or removed from 3DR's forums, but if they were anything like your recent posts in this thread I'm not too surprised. I'm much more lenient here and don't plan on deleting your posts but I implore you to chill the fuck out.

User is offline   Hank 

^ None of my posts, at 3D Realms were deleted, but no one replied to them either.

Still, my troll post here worked. :P I now know what happened, thanks for that.

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTerminX, on 14 April 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

OK, so it looks like the guy responsible for sending the updates to GOG and packaging them up for the 3DR store caught the flu or other ailment when promoting the game at PAX. Things should be in motion now.

Thank you.
We should be getting this from 3dr though. Their indifference to keeping their customers informed and updated is a bit disconcerting.

I can't say I know anything about any posts made on or removed from 3DR's forums, but if they were anything like your recent posts in this thread I'm not too surprised. I'm much more lenient here and don't plan on deleting your posts but I implore you to chill the fuck out.

The post in question may not have been Hank's, I'm apparently mistaken about that, but it was pretty innocuous.
It simply asked something along the lines of if the 3dr customers were going to get updates the same as the steam customers, or were we going to have to wait until the final version is released.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

OK, so it looks like the guy responsible for sending the updates to GOG and packaging them up for the 3DR store caught the flu or other ailment when promoting the game at PAX.

That's such an "indie problem", I love it! :P

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Noticed some graphical glitches in the new version and I think these weren't there before:
https://i.imgur.com/nUP4bYa.jpg
My setup:

Win 10 64 bit
i7 2600
GTX 970, latest WHQL drivers

OpenGL renderer of course.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 14 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   Shodanbot 

TL;DR, Things I like:

Spoiler

TL;DR, Things I don't like:

Spoiler

TL;DR, Things I would like to see:

Spoiler

And I'm running out of things to whinge about. I just like a good moan more than anything. But allow me one question if you can answer it:

• Since this is built on eDuke32 and Mapster32 -- both licensed under GNU GPL v2 -- will you be releasing your changes to the engine and editor after you push them out of the Cathedral? A stupid question, but I have to ask.

• Honored Donor

To put everyone's mind to ease, my thoughts on mirrors in the game;

I'm 99% sure there are no mirrors because they're not compatible with the skybox feature. It's a technical limitation of the engine. Sure, there'd be some underground areas where they could have mirrors, but they'd need to be consistent across the levels.

Since this is built on eDuke32 and Mapster32 -- both licensed under GNU GPL v2 -- will you be releasing your changes to the engine and editor after you push them out of the Cathedral? A stupid question, but I have to ask.

The changes are coming out in eduke32 as they're implemented in Ion Maiden. There's no real difference between the executables.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 April 2018 - 12:15 AM

• el fundador

Nah, it's the player sprite thing.

Thanks for the lengthy post, Shodanbot. I read all of it, though it's quite a bit more than I have time to comment on at the moment. You have some good suggestions and a few of them are already on our to-do lists.

• Honored Donor

Hmm the skybox doesn't seem to be compatible with mirrors in the AMC TC anyway.

The damaged mirror make sense in the unisex of the GPD building. It's why I only pointed out the ladies/disabled toilets in the subway in my previous post. Though, it's forgivable there too since it is adjacent to a badly damaged men's room. I bought it a few days ago on Steam -- sorry -- so I've been playing it (and abusing it to find bugs) since Friday.

Here are just a few minor bugs in the log:

Spoiler

And a one serious:

Spoiler

And here are a few non-serious map errors (with images!):

Spoiler

Not a bug, but I was snooping through the scripts and couldn't resist when I found this cute detail in the weapons CON. I added comments.

Spoiler

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMicky C, on 15 April 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Hmm the skybox doesn't seem to be compatible with mirrors in the AMC TC anyway.

As far as I can see Ion Maiden is using the same kind of skyboxes the original Build games had. Sure, there are 3D buildings in the background but those are part of the map geometry, the skybox is just a 2D image without any kind of 3D "skyboxing", you don't have anything above you (no texture), you just think you do because it's supposed to be a black sky.

I've never played AMC TC but I don't see how IM's "skybox" could be different from the original Build stuff.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

User is online   Jblade 

View PostZaxx, on 15 April 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

As far as I can see Ion Maiden is using the same kind of skyboxes the original Build games had. Sure, there are 3D buildings in the background but those are part of the map geometry, the skybox is just a 2D image without any kind of 3D "skyboxing", you don't have anything above you (no texture), you just think you do because it's supposed to be a black sky.

I've never played AMC TC but I don't see how IM's "skybox" could be different from the original Build stuff.

I think terminology is getting mixed here, IM definitely has Unreal-style Skyboxes which the city resides in. You can see for yourself with the full map cheat and no clipping. No previous Build game had that.

We do it with a hack involving showview whereas I'm sure Voidpoint have got a more elegant solution that'll let it work with mirrors and stuff.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 15 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It's a scale model that is 1:1 tied to player movement. More like something that Source engine did.

Three more bugs in the log on E3L5. No crashes or apparent issues caused:

Spoiler

Not sure if this applies in Build but in QE, gldsrc, and Source, when I want to display distant objects that the player will never get to I typically make simple "cards" (with collision off) of the thing I want to display. It might be a distant radio mast or a few trees, but it could be anything really. I don't know if it applies here, but unless I'm mistaken would simplifying the objects and removing their collision -- such as the traffic lights -- outside the arena on E3L5 be of any benefit to performance? I really should learn how to use the editor for Build.

EDIT: My performance at 1080p during the arena fight drops to 40 or so once the mech start taking bits out of the arena, but it's usually 90+ in this area. Unless I put my nostalgia goggles on and play it at 480p on classic renderer. At that point, no noticeable hitching.

This post has been edited by Shodanbot: 15 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options