• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Jeff 

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Holy shit, hi Jeff! I remember you. You're even in our group picture under jeffbthomspn. Here yo ugo

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 3DRealmsGroupPicture_Wallpaper1600x1200.jpg

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostYatta, on 25 March 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

You're even in our group picture

Why does the depiction of you (Yatta) look like you're there to bust people for selling illicit pizza toppings?
Weirdo.

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostYatta, on 25 March 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Holy shit, hi Jeff! I remember you. You're even in our group picture under jeffbthomspn. Here yo ugo

I don't even remember that picture Yatta, but I remember you.

Saved it on my hard drive.

User is offline   Mark 

A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Thing is, kids don't even notice those things. It's us dumb adults who ruin everything for them.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 March 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Thing is, kids don't even notice those things. It's us dumb adults who ruin everything for them.

Ruin what?
Ruin the logistics of trying to push a wheelbarrow with the fork attached to the rim of the wheel instead of the hub center?

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

See? You've already ruined it.

User is offline   Malgon 

Woke up to someone screaming outside this morning right before 7 which turned out to be the start of a home invasion on the house next door. The assailant didn't follow through with the whole thing and just left for some reason, so thankfully no one was hurt. A separate incident happened a week ago where the police arrested someone out the front of my house because he was involved with another person in breaking into the local football club (while it was actually still open!). This person had only got out of jail the day before and was already being picked up. Don't know if they ended up getting the second person though. The house on the other side of us also had been broken into while no one was home not just six months ago, but I don't think they got away with anything.

While crime does occur all the time and I'm not always going to hear about whenever it does happen to be in the area, it does seem weird in what is generally considered to be a very quiet suburb. I guess the fact that it is literally so close to home is what makes me wonder what the hell is going on seemingly all of a sudden, especially when it's been years since I can remember anything bad happening. So anything crime related happen to or around anyone here where it's generally unexpected?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMalgon, on 29 March 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

So anything crime related happen to or around anyone here where it's generally unexpected?

Similar stuff that happened to you.
I live way out in the suburbs. Very rural. About six months ago there were two incidents of armed home invasion. One was a couple miles down the road. They shot the guy and broke into his safe to steal his drugs and money. About half the length of an average city block from my house some armed criminals broke into an old couple's house, tied them up & robbed them.
Around the same time some one-legged homeless guy was shot dead at a bus stop about a block from where the drugs in the safe guy was killed.
Last month some guy broke down with car problems about 2 miles down the road I live on. Some people pulled over and asked if they could help. He said he did need help. So the people got out of their car and nearly beat him to death and robbed him.

There was almost no crime outside of drunken brawls a few years ago. Then they built a bunch of low-income housing in the next county over and declared themselves a sanctuary. Now we have a lot of drugs and crime. Could be coincidence. Probably not.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Far out, that's some seriously scary acts of crime. It'd certainly make you wary after hearing about it. Sadly it's happening all the time, and these are but a few examples of it. And yeah, I'm guessing there's no coincidence between the two.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 29 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

We had some guy start shooting the other day. Wounded an officer, but my cousin who is also a cop was unharmed, least physically. Maybe a bit emotionally shaken up by the experience.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 30 March 2018 - 06:02 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

According to the article it's rare for something like this to happen there. Good to hear that your cousin wasn't harmed.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Hmm...I didn't spot any April Fools posts today.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMark., on 01 April 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Hmm...I didn't spot any April Fools posts today.

April fool's!

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostForge, on 26 March 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Why does the depiction of you (Yatta) look like you're there to bust people for selling illicit pizza toppings?
Weirdo.

Someone send me the DNF 2001 build please.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Why do sometimes GIFs from imgur don't work...

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Curse imgur

This post has been edited by Fox: 06 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

This is what a cat looks like when you sneak up on it by surprise while it's playing with a DVI cable.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: IMG_0615.jpg

This post has been edited by Jeff: 13 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

I got this idea to look this up today after taking some pictures of the new hospital parkade and cancer center construction project, oh and a few on the inside.

Chicago hospital freaks nearly bans visitor for taking photo from window

This post has been edited by Jeff: 19 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Happy 4/20 to everybody @ duke4.net!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 20 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options