• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Post3rdmillhouse, on 28 March 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'm gonna need to see some receipts for that.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...e+sexualization

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostSanek, on 28 March 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

That floppy disk looks cool!
However, the usb joint itself is not the most common one I think...
I mean, most PCs support that kind of usb's, don't know about the ones that the game will be sold with.

It's the same thing it's just that the floppy one featured doesn't have the protective metal shell casing around it. It's the same chip and can still be read inside a standard USB port, though.

User is offline   Matthew 

View Post3rdmillhouse, on 28 March 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

This whole post reeks of Neogaf. So it's basically a bunch angry feminists who get to decide what sexualization is and isn't, and if men try to say otherwise they'll just shriek "male power fantasy" until you give up debating them.

Those feminists are usually the fat and ugly ones, too. They bitch about an "impossible" standard of beauty set for women even though its a hell of a lot easier for the ladies to achieve their ideal bodies than it is for a man. Listen up, ladies, this is how you fatties do it.

Stop eating so damn much, develop some patience, and do moderate cardio 3x a week for 30 minutes.

There, you're welcome.

Love,

The guy who lost 113 pounds and continues to lose weight and now has to buy a new wardrobe, which is expensive as fuck and sucks something fierce.

This post has been edited by Matthew: 29 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMatthew, on 29 March 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

snip

You do realize that with this kind of stereotyping you're doing the exact same thing those eeeevil radical feminists are doing to the audience of games like Duke 3D, right? Comments like this are part of the reason why that group thinks that Duke is the height of misogyny.

Edit: Meanwhile this is one of the most popular Steam reviews for the game:
http://steamcommunit...mmended/562860/
Man, these alt right / GamerGate / whatever weirdos are the worst. Say what you will about radical feminists but at least they use their own platforms to voice their ridiculous opinions, they don't come to random Steam forums and troll them to shit with their exaggerated outrage and general idiocy. The internet was a mistake.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 29 March 2018 - 05:23 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Wow, what a nasty trolling-fest about the Fred's silly news post that already deleted...

Shouldn't the game itself is more important than these weirdos bullshit? :P

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

If you want to continue this line of discussion I ask that you spin off into a new thread.

User is offline   leilei 

All I just see it as "beta boobshell its better because sexer !!! todays shelly is censered by femists!!!! my pennis needs boob shell or i wont buy"

Build engine usage isn't obligated to comply with unwritten toxic masculinity rules and expectations.

This post has been edited by leilei: 29 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

You can't win no matter what.

Want this? You're feminist scum.

Want this? You're a perverted looser.

Want something in between? You're in denial. You just want some big titted bimbo.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostxMobilemux, on 29 March 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Want this? You're feminist scum.

Want this? You're a perverted looser.

Want something in between? You're in denial. You just want some big titted bimbo.

Yep. Fill a shotgun with straw, mannn...!

So looking at the screens shown on the end screen it looks like they may be reusing assets from Bombshell? The Kyre Trooper guys in particular? The look gives me a Redneck Rampage feeling.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMblackwell, on 29 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

If you want to continue this line of discussion I ask that you spin off into a new thread.

Fucking this. Thread is a complete mess now.

User is offline   Mark 

Attached File(s)

• Judge Mental

Posted Image
That image in the upper right reminds me of refined LameDuke environment. I really dig the gritty feeling it provokes.

The rolling robot is slightly generic (imho), but I dig the spinny saw blade weapon. Again, reminds me of Redneck Rampage.

The image, middle right, is the one I was referencing in my previous post. That looks like one of the alien dudes from Bombshell. I find that interesting and i'm curious how that story element works out. I wasn't expecting aliens to make any kind of an appearance here.

Laser crossbow FTW.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMblackwell, on 29 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Yep! I say, lets it play itself out, here and on Steam!

3D Realms want to re-imagine their provable failed past (got busted in 2009). Let them, with the Bombshell’s character history and yet unknown asinine tidbits to come. I humbly suggest to keep on developing your game, on the current superior track (class A+), and finish it. It will then take only one proper distributer to finance your next game. And that is what it is all about, to make a good living.

p.s. love the game, period, and the ehm, protagonist (spell), but don't tell my girl :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

You can't win no matter what

There is a win.

Let them create the character they want to create.
Let it develop the direction they want it to develop.

Don't cow down to people demanding fan-service
Don't get involved in stupid social justice games.

Ignore them all and let them eat their own brains.
Gag Fred from ever talking on the matter again, and fire any future PR desk jockey that does address it.

Basically exactly what Tx, Hendricks, & pretty much all of voidpoint are doing.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

• Judge Mental

How many people have managed a 100% completion so far?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 29 March 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

How many people have managed a 100% completion so far?

I only know of two who did it pre-spoiler videos. (vid dated Mar 2 -almost all other vids are from Mar 3 or later)
James, and the person that made the videos.

There were a couple secrets in each section that kicked my ass, and I ended up having to watch the vids.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm still missing 5 freaking secrets in level 1. I know where 2 are I think but I don't know how to access them.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostForge, on 29 March 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

There is a win.

Let it develop the direction they want it to develop.

Don't cow down to people demanding fan-service
Don't get involved in stupid social justice games.

Ignore them all and let them eat their own brains.
Gag Fred from ever talking on the matter again, and fire any future PR desk jockey that does address it.

Basically exactly what Tx, Hendricks, & pretty much all of voidpoint are doing.

Thanks for the support. Can you believe there are people so deranged that they think Hendricks and I are SJWs? LOL. This whole "controversy" is like an advertisement for a mental hospital. Fuck 'em. :P

• Judge Mental

View PostTerminX, on 29 March 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the support. Can you believe there are people so deranged that they think Hendricks and I are SJWs? LOL. This whole "controversy" is like an advertisement for a mental hospital. Fuck 'em. :P

Nobody in this thread ever referred to you or Hendricks in that manner, so I can only assume you're talking about the STEAM forums.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostForge, on 29 March 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

There is a win.

The game will be fully moddable, so people can always change the character.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 29 March 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

The rolling robot is slightly generic (imho), but I dig the spinny saw blade weapon. Again, reminds me of Redneck Rampage.

I was immediately reminded of this guy:
Posted Image

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 29 March 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

That image in the upper right reminds me of refined LameDuke environment. I really dig the gritty feeling it provokes.

The image, middle right, is the one I was referencing in my previous post. That looks like one of the alien dudes from Bombshell. I find that interesting and i'm curious how that story element works out. I wasn't expecting aliens to make any kind of an appearance here.

Laser crossbow FTW.

Weren't the alien dudes from Bombshell pretty much a slightly revised version of the alien troopers from DNF? And I think the Redneck Rampage vibe is largely from the high-res 3D-looking sprites, but maybe that's just me. Agree about the LameDuke vibe, and that's cool.

View PostMrFlibble, on 30 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

A lot of the art design reminds me of Eradicator and Fate. Lot's of blue.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 March 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

I'm still missing 5 freaking secrets in level 1. I know where 2 are I think but I don't know how to access them.

http://steamcommunit.../?id=1318022780

I hope this Steam guide does help for you finding them... :P

=

I already found all secrets thanks the guy who wrote the secret guide on Steam. But I cannot found the last enemy...I'm not sure why but I know I killed all enemies on the first and second level but after I found all secrets in the end of second level, still missed one enemy...one f***ing enemy...I tried search high, search low and search everywhere with noclip cheat, even I restarted the game again but still cannot found...played on hard difficulty, I just give up on 100% kills...at least I have 100% secrets. :lol:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 30 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

• Judge Mental

View Postnecroslut, on 30 March 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

Weren't the alien dudes from Bombshell pretty much a slightly revised version of the alien troopers from DNF? And I think the Redneck Rampage vibe is largely from the high-res 3D-looking sprites, but maybe that's just me. Agree about the LameDuke vibe, and that's cool.

A lot of the art design reminds me of Eradicator and Fate. Lot's of blue.

From what was visible in the initial BS teaser trailer I thought they were 1:1 copies of the liz troopers. All you could see of them in the teaser were their feet though. In the final game they're still very obviously inspired by the design lineage.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMrFlibble, on 30 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

It reminded me of this.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostCommando Nukem, on 29 March 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Nobody in this thread ever referred to you or Hendricks in that manner, so I can only assume you're talking about the STEAM forums.

I don't think anybody here has their head that far up their ass, but some of the people we've been dealing with elsewhere have been completely nuts. :P

User is offline   HulkNukem 

How many private messages and emails have you received from 'reviewers' asking for codes?

I still receive 5+ a day for a game I launched on Steam a year ago and went crazily under the radar.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 30 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Btw, besides the marked secrets there are tons of unmarked secrets as well as a few hidden mechanics. Have fun poking around! :P

User is offline   Sanek 

I wonder if the screenshots showed above was staged or not. :P
I wouldn't mind if there was a simulated picture or two, since it will give us even more of that authentic retro experience. :lol:

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options