• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 March 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

No, Vitaliy is DNV.

Oops, sorry then. Just saw brullov came from Ukraine as well.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postbrullov, on 21 March 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

It was mostly inspired by It Lives, not Blown Fuses.

I thought you were going to say it was inspired by Rush, another map by Gambini:

Posted Image

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostNancsi, on 21 March 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

Oops, sorry then. Just saw brullov came from Ukraine as well.

DNV lives in Russia.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 March 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

I thought you were going to say it was inspired by Rush, another map by Gambini:

Wow, looks sexy, never played it. But I will!

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postbrullov, on 22 March 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Wow, looks sexy, never played it. But I will!

It's a good map. It's actually named "Rush Back": http://dnr.duke4.net...Back_V2.01.html

User is offline   lamduck 

I tried the preview campaign on a Q6600 HD6870 and it played as expected like other comperable eDuke mods and games, quite good for an old PC. A not so shiny new 4770K with GTX 680 it ran excellent the whole game. If it plays a little better on the older PCs after optimizations that would be great. I'd rather you spent time on other things though,

I'd like a whirlwind mega chick high kick as a quick kick secondary attack as a side, does the cook know how to mix it up? Good! Does he have the time? :)

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

3D Realms released a cool feature detailing the visual history of Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison. Here's a few examples, but there's loads more at the link that's well worth checking out! :)

1997:
Posted Image
1998:
Posted Image
1999-2001:
Posted Image
Posted Image
2018:
Posted Image

• Duke Plus Developer

1997 FTW

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I like the last one. The other designs are the typical "babe with guns", which Duke would have liked a lot, but let's be a bit serious. :)

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

The 1997s-2001s designs are the best imho.

User is offline   petrus 

Anyone else think the weapon sounds are lackluster, they have no oomph, it's more fart than a kick in the face.

But maybe i just played too much Brutal Doom? Shells dropping are almost louder than the fire sound itself!

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPerro Seco, on 22 March 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

I like the last one. The other designs are the typical "babe with guns", which Duke would have liked a lot, but let's be a bit serious. :)

The last one is appropriate for a game in 2018. That's all I'm going to say about it.

The 1997 is my favorite, minus the fishnet stockings. It's functional and she's covered up, so it doesn't have the ridiculous amount of bare skin or useless bits only there to look sexy (again, minus the fishnet stockings). Yet, it's still sexy, which is good for a video game protagonist in this genre of game. At the very least the protagonist should be visually appealing in some way. Also, since she has no armor at all, it also avoids the stupid cliche of sexy chick with random armor covering only certain parts while leaving others exposed -- to be fair, none of the pics exhibit that cliche.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I like the 97 one and the latter 01 one. That latter one is really how I always imagined the character for that build, that or something similar to the Resaurous concept art for the action figure.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looking at the 1999-2001 version, it appears she has a robotic arm, like in Bombshell? So this was conceived of a long time ago? I thought the robotic arm was a relatively recent idea.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

I love this detail about the standalone Bombshell game 3DR were working on in the late 1990s:

"We had a small internal team, lead by engine coder, Billy Zelsnack and his brother, Jason, who were working on a fully 3D game in 1997, starring a female hero. It was going to be a war game, and your female character was a bit of a female Rambo. The two Zelsnack's had the idea of calling the game Bitch, and I put thought into coming up with a better name."
:)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

1997 = lara croft
1998 = pam anderson stripperella
1999 = hm fakk 2
2001 = space marine
2018 = anne lewis robocop / dredd (2012)

I like the last design, but the 2016 one from the Bombshell game is my favorite.

User is offline   NNC 

The 1998 one looks like an elf from Warcraft games.

My favourite is the 2018 one honestly.

User is offline   X-Vector 

The older sex doll Bombshell designs are rather embarrassing; first one is OK (though rather obviously inspired by Tomb Raider), but the second one is terrible even when disregarding the spelling mistakes - someone really should have told ms. Shell that her fly was open.

New Bombshell is the best.

A blonde Bimbo as a protagonist would be an embarassment these days, and I'm glad Interceptor and Voidpoint realized that.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's so funny to me how times have changed. That stuff was empowering to women in the 90s. Since the 60s even really.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The more I look at the past designs, the more horrible the current design looks.

View PostMicky C, on 22 March 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Looking at the 1999-2001 version, it appears she has a robotic arm, like in Bombshell? So this was conceived of a long time ago? I thought the robotic arm was a relatively recent idea.

That robot arm would have been such a cooler design, like a more badass version of the Blood Dragon arm.

Seems like the Whip was going to be a thing for a while as well, my guess it would have made for Bombshell's version of the Mighty Boot.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 23 March 2018 - 04:49 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

I like 1997 and 2018. Others just make me feel so weird... :)

The 1998 one for some reasons, I have feel about that looks like her from SiN...

Posted Image

B)

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 23 March 2018 - 03:28 AM, said:

New Bombshell is the best.

A blonde Bimbo as a protagonist would be an embarassment these days, and I'm glad Interceptor and Voidpoint realized that.

Did you know, that back in the 90ies, developers tried hard to make their FPSes to be an embarassment. New bombshell is an boring and generic female scifi character. I would love to see that blonde bimbo with tits of mass destruction in a game.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's a prequel, so we see Bombshell before her "wilder" days. Therefore, I am totally OK with the "tamed" design approach.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

It's a first person shooter... Though I kinda hope she takes off her helmet for the in-game sprite.

User is offline   keiron 

Hi guys, I really enjoyed the preview campaign and I look forward to playing the rest.

A couple of points:

1. There is no 'Are you sure?' confirmation dialog when resetting keyboard keys. I changed all my keys to suit my left handed way of gaming and then accidentally hit the reset keys choice by mistake and it reset them all and made me cry.

2. I would love an in-depth developer commentary option.

Cheers and good luck with the rest of the build.

User is offline   Merlijn 

I like the 1997 design, it's like a female Duke Nukem. The 2018 version fits the best with the style of the game though.
The other designs are pretty bad to be honest.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I love how 3DR says that the early versions of the Bombshell design were "inspired by" Barb Wire. It IS Barb Wire, lol. :)

User is offline   cybdmn 

And that fits perfectly, Duke Nukem had the Body of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the hair of Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Dragov, and Sylvester Stallones mouth. He is quoting Bruce Willis from Die Hard and Kurt Russell from Escape From New York, among others.
He is totally a 80/90 action movie Frankenstein.

And that’s what all the millenials misunderstand about the 90ies FPS, it was just more than big guns and action. It was some kind of a new subculture. And nobody back then gave a fuck about political correct.
Bombshell as how she is portrayed now, would be totally forgotten today. You had lived it in the 90ies, or you never fully understand it.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View Postcybdmn, on 23 March 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

And that’s what all the millenials misunderstand about the 90ies FPS, it was just more than big guns and action. It was some kind of a new subculture. And nobody back then gave a fuck about political correct.
Bombshell as how she is portrayed now, would be totally forgotten today. You had lived it in the 90ies, or you never fully understand it.
What about Doom, Quake, Half Life... They all had very generic characters and all of those games are well known along with Duke 3D. I don't know why Ion Maiden character must be a copy of Duke Nukem.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options