Pallete corrected!

Download link:

http://www.mediafire...voxels+duke.rar

Cheers

Mxrtxn

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The new voxels look good for the little sprites they replace, but what is this about the palette being broken? Please explain to a voxel noob like me.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 March 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

The new voxels look good for the little sprites they replace, but what is this about the palette being broken? Please explain to a voxel noob like me.

Tropper, when I made them the first time I used the palette file of Shadow Warrior instead of the one of Duke Nukem 3D.

Now I´ve corrected that by using the Duke 3D palette file. Hope that helps to clarify.

Seems the other picture generated confusion, I changed it now.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 19 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In which way are those different from the fixed versions you had uploaded in July 2017? I thought those already included the palette fixes.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmxrtxn, on 19 March 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Now IĀ“ve corrected that by using the Duke 3D palette file. Hope that helps to clarify.

OK, but you don't need to include the PALETTE.DAT -- that is already part of the game.

• The Truth is in here

I just checked the files and they are from 2017, so I guess it's nothing new and should already be used in the latest voxel pack.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 20 March 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

I just checked the files and they are from 2017, so I guess it's nothing new and should already be used in the latest voxel pack.

Really? I thought they missed them out and didnĀ“t include them

• The Truth is in here

I had collected everything from this thread until recently. Those voxels are the same that were already posted a year ago.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Then hereĀ“s a new one:

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...k9a/burger1.kvx

Cheers

• The Truth is in here

Mmmh! Voxelicious! Can almost taste the voxels when looking at this one! :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 20 March 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Mmmh! Voxelicious! Can almost taste the voxels when looking at this one! :)

Would you like it with some lettuce and tomato sir?

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...yi4/burger2.kvx

Enjoy your order.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

BIG MAC on the way...

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire...cd7c/bigmac.kvx

• The Truth is in here

Ok, now you are trolling, man... xD

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 20 March 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Ok, now you are trolling, man... xD

By the way. I am not making those up. Actually they are part of the game (particularly in the Duke Burger level)

Posted Image

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I've begun making maphacks for voxels in the World Tour maps. I've done High Times, Red Ruckus and about half of Mirage Barrage so far.

Attached File(s)

• The Truth is in here

Great! Please note that there are three versions of E5L8 "Prima Arena" I am aware of:
1) Original WT release
2) "Uncut" version by Ness ("cut" rooms reconnected)
3) Patched WT release ("cut" rooms deleted)

It would be nice to have hacks for all three versions, but at least for the second and third release.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

Well, items should have the same sprite IDs in all of them right? Then I'll just have to add separate entries to the same maphack file for each one.

I also need to write some installation instructions, as it's not quite obvious how to get it to work.

• The Truth is in here

I assume Ness just reconnected the disconnected areas, so sprite ids should indeed remain the same. It's rather about adding the different md4s to the hack file.

User is offline   Lunick 

Why would Maphacks be needed for the original release of Prima Arena when it basically doesn't exist anymore outside of pirated copies and the console versions?

• The Truth is in here

Well, basically it's a bugged map anyway since you cannot get 100% kills, so I guess it can be savely ignored. It's also rather unlikely that anybody still uses the first WT release or has access to it in any way.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Bad news. It seems either the modder or Gearbox changed the sprite IDs in Prima Arena. So the maphack works for the patched official version only.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The sprite IDs changing is a natural result of editing stuff in Mapster. If you remove a sprite, every sprite later in the list will get shifted down by one by the time the map file is written back out.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postmxrtxn, on 19 March 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pallete corrected!

Download link:

http://www.mediafire...voxels+duke.rar

Cheers

Mxrtxn

These are good, but since you started in the SW palette and then converted to the DN3D palette, some color information was lost (and thus, a loss of detail). They don't match the Duke3D sprites in color anymore. Especially noticeable on the drink and jolly meal box if you put the original sprite and the voxel side by side. If you (or anyone in this thread willing to take a crack at it) could get the original DN3D sprites for reference, and fix up the colors, that'd be great.

This post has been edited by Striker: 24 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It would help if people didn't use random sprite rips off the internet.

• The Truth is in here

Version 1.21 is out! Get it from the HRP Downloads section as usual.

Changelog:
[ADDED] Maphacks: World Tour maphacks (by Phredreeke)
[ADDED] Props: 4540 (burger/foodobject11), 4541 (burger/foodobject12), 4542 (burger/foodobject13) by mxrtxn

Note that the WT maphacks only include those for ep.5, not for the WT versions of ep.1-4.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

I didn't even realise the WT versions of Ep 1-4 had different MD4s. I attempted to add the WT MD4s to the maphack def with mixed results. I feel the WT versions of those levels are redundant as the Atomic Edition versions can be extracted from the duke3d.grp that comes with WT anyway.

• The Truth is in here

The World Tour versions of ep.1-4 have quite some changes actually, with different texturing and especially lighting in many places. These maps look great in Polymer and deliver colored lighting without the requirement of maphacks. Therefore, I wouldn't say these maps are redundant.

However, the majority of people who bought WT probably possess Atomic Edition one way or the other and only played WT for ep.5.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Polymer and Voxels are mutually exclusive though, so they are redundant as far as the voxel pack goes.

• The Truth is in here

That's the catch right now. As long as Polymer won't support voxels, maphacks for them are ofc trivial. Dunno if it's ever planned to get it working.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostJimmy, on 24 March 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

It would help if people didn't use random sprite rips off the internet.

Seems I screwed it up :P

Where are the original sprites, Jimmy?

So I donĀ“t end up f*cking things up again...

Thanks

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options