• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Put duke3d_voxel.zip in autoload, make sure the autoload checkbox is enabled, and modify e32wt.def to have

include duke3d_voxel.def

at the bottom.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Put duke3d_voxel.zip in autoload, make sure the autoload checkbox is enabled, and modify e32wt.def to have

include duke3d_voxel.def

at the bottom.

Thanks, it works now, there is only one minor thing that doesn't seem to function properly: the maphacks. I remember that the last time I played the game using the original Megaton GRP the models were positioned nicely, not under WT sadly.

User is offline   Lunick 

...there probably aren't any maphacks for World Tour

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostLunick, on 24 July 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yeah, I guess they are just not compatible. Gearbox really went out of its way to maintain compatibility with EDuke32... said no one ever.

Edit: Oh, just in case you meant that there are no maphacks for the new episode: I'm playing the original episodes under it and that's where I don't see the maphacks working.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 24 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah, all the maps were changed so the existing HRP maphacks do not apply. If no one else takes up the challenge in the next few months I'll have a look.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yeah, all the maps were changed so the existing HRP maphacks do not apply. If no one else takes up the challenge in the next few months I'll have a look.

If I bought it on steam id give a crack at it, but I don't think I need a 10th copy of Duke 3D.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 01 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   RPD Guy 

That's a nice job. Amazing voxels.
I'm using this voxel pack in my mod (Brutal Duke) now.
Is there a problem with that? I gave the credits to it's owners.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostRPD Guy, on 13 October 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

That's a nice job. Amazing voxels.
I'm using this voxel pack in my mod (Brutal Duke) now.
Is there a problem with that? I gave the credits to it's owners.

Cool! Can you show us some screenshots to see how they look like in the game? :rolleyes:

Thanks

User is offline   RPD Guy 

Screenshots:

Spoiler

To avoid using maphacks, I've just implemented an small script to make the voxels turn like other FPS games:

Spoiler

• Weaponized Autism

inb4 tons of clipping into walls, which Blood didn't have and you would still need maphacks for.

Anyway, because it's still a cool idea for a script,

Spoiler

This way will achieve 120fps spinning instead of 30fps, and remains compatible with maphacks.

I am always fine with the community using the pack in other projects. Kinda the whole point of this project.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Lunick, on 24 July 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hendricks266, on 24 July 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

In an ideal world [tour] all you'd have to do is add the checksums of the Ep.1-4 maps to 3drealms_mhk.def and 3drealms_polymost_mhk.def, respectively. However, this only works if the sprites/sprite numbers haven't changed. Experience says it's sufficient to look up and compare the highest affected sprite number in each *.mhk to the corresponding *.map item. The same goes for the sector numbers to ensure that the added Polymer lighting works correctly. If the numbering of sectors or sprites has changed, a new maphack file for each affected map needs to be added. I don't have World Tour so I can't do it.

Hendricks266, on 16 October 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

inb4 tons of clipping into walls, which Blood didn't have and you would still need maphacks for.
Reminder: IIRC the only maphack command that works on voxels so far is angoff which, at least, is the most important one.

User is offline   fgsfds 

What are the maximum dimensions kvx model supports?

• Weaponized Autism

256x256x255

User is offline   spacekebab 

anyone know a workaround for voxel scaling issues when using polymost?

User is offline   Poorchop 

This is excellent. Thank you for sharing. I really like how the switches in particular actually have some depth to them now. Spent a lot of time just admiring the hand dryer as well.

User is offline   Poorchop 

I notice that I got a lot of stuttering in some cases when the game seems to be loading/caching voxels or whatever. Is there any way to handle this process before the map is loaded, similar to how high resolution textures are cached for speedy game play? There are times when I go to an open area that might have some objects rendered as voxels and as I'm looking around while trying to shoot enemies, the video just freezes intermittently and my mouse skips all over the place for a little while.

Poorchop, on 18 January 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

I notice that I got a lot of stuttering in some cases when the game seems to be loading/caching voxels or whatever. Is there any way to handle this process before the map is loaded, similar to how high resolution textures are cached for speedy game play? There are times when I go to an open area that might have some objects rendered as voxels and as I'm looking around while trying to shoot enemies, the video just freezes intermittently and my mouse skips all over the place for a little while.

I've never had this problem, might be something to ask one of the eduke32 developers.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Any chance you'll make voxels for Life's a Beach?

Phredreeke, on 22 January 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

Any chance you'll make voxels for Life's a Beach?

Nope.

User is offline   petrus 

So which is the latest voxel pack then, what to download and use? Because the "NEWEST VERSION<-- -Versions 1.1-" on page 1 is from 2014!

petrus, on 23 January 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

So which is the latest voxel pack then, what to download and use? Because the "NEWEST VERSION<-- -Versions 1.1-" on page 1 is from 2014!

That is the newest.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

What are the chances of someone making faithful voxels of the toilet and urinal?

Striker, on 06 March 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

What are the chances of someone making faithful voxels of the toilet and urinal?

I was gonna take a crack at the urinal, but then I realized I would have to make the broken version and decided against it.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

After talking to ReaperMan, we have agreed to release a new version of the voxel pack (which was kinda overdue after 4 years without any update).

Changelog for v1.2:

[ADDED] Voxel rotations: Pickup items now rotate (code by Hendricks266)
[ADDED] New voxels: 561 (soap), 572/991 (shower part), 716 ("Please wait" sign), 864/865 (powerswitch2 off/on), 909 (tree trunk), 979 (hanglight), 1009-1011 (neon5 sign), 1037 (table), 4373 (cups), 4546 (empty fries box/foodobject17), 4547 (full fries box/foodobject18), 4548 (coke/foodobject19), 4549 (burger box)
[UPDATE] Fixed voxels: 1069 (plug)
[UPDATE] Maphacks: Taken from latest Duke3D HRP SVN r699
[FIXED] Code: Warning in eduke.con (now: animation.con) for action HOLODUKE_FRAMES
[CHANGED] Folder structure: Removed "sprites" subdir and sprites.def

Get it from the HRP download section (right now, I cannot access the Duke4.net servers, so only Dropbox and Mega mirrors are available).

Side note:
Main def file name slightly changed from duke3d_voxel.def to duke3d_voxels.def. You may need to update your def files of mods that intend to include this mod.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

User is offline   Polunka 

That kicks ass, man! Now all we need is Shrink Ray, Jet Pack and Scuba Gear voxel models.

P.S.: Is there a way to turn off item rotation? It's a cool feature but I prefer voxels to just lie over there and stay still.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 08 March 2018 - 03:03 AM

• The Truth is in here

Sure, and it's not difficult.

Open eduke.con in duke3d_voxels.zip and comment out the line
include scripts/rotation.con

Should look like this:
// include scripts/rotation.con

Save eduke.con and put it back into the zipfile (you can also edit it directly in the zipfile via 7-Zip direct archive update, but file compression may be applied then).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

This is excellent, and very timely for me since I started incorporating voxels into a project just a few weeks ago.

Here's a minor point but worth considering. Many user maps have sprite constructions which are made out of various random sprites, often using wall or floor aligned flags to achieve a certain visual effect. If any of those new voxels correspond to sprites used in that way, it will most likely spoil the constructions in said maps. This was something that happened frequently with the HRP, but it hasn't been an issue with voxels until now, since we only had voxels of things that would never be used for sprite constructions. In any case, these voxels are a great addition and I look forward to using them.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Anybody else getting this error?

Failure loading voxel file "voxels/props/0574_faucet.kvx"
Error on line voxels/props.def:10.
Error on line voxels/props.def:10: expecting '{'

The offending line looks just like every other line and seems to be correct.:

voxel "voxels/props/0574_faucet.kvx" { scale 1 tile 574 }

EDIT: Other voxels load fine, just not the faucet.

Nevermind all that, I shouldn't be doing this at 4:30 in the morning. I had simply neglected to put that particular file in the props folder. Very misleading error message, though. What it should say is file not found!

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 08 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

• The Truth is in here

The faucet voxel had been incorrectly labelled in previous voxel packs (starting with 0547 instead of 0574). I renamed the file, but made sure it was also done in props.def.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options