• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have just finished the first level and gotta say I really, really like what I have seen so far! The visuals of the game feel refreshing, the potential of the engine is remarkable, especially considering it's still Build, the look & feel of the weapons feels just right and map design is great. I also like the soundtrack quite a lot - kinda reminded me of playing stuff like "Crusader: No Remorse" almost (which is good). The secrets are indeed challenging to find - I managed to get 5/20 so far in the first map. Remarkable how many there are to find!

There was a bit of texture flickering here and there, but besides that, no major problems.

Will continue into the next level tomorrow and see how things develop. Anyway, worth every buck already, so much I can say/write here.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Is there a desktop wallpaper for this art somewhere?
Posted Image
Tried looking for it online but found nothing so guess not. :) Could we get a high res version?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The wallpaper is in the press kit on ionmaiden.com.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Thanks, found it! There is an 8k version, cool. :)

User is offline   Jblade 

class of my own bitches :)

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 01 March 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Congratulations, you beat the preview Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Awesome!

User is offline   Newken 

class of my own bitches B)

The magic of Cheat Engine. :)

User is offline   quakis 

Saw this on Steam earlier today, purchased immediately and played through the preview to the end. Can't quite articulate my thoughts entirely just yet, so some brief thoughts for now after beating it;

Out of the existing Build Engine games, Ion Maiden reminds me mostly of a sci-fi version of Blood in terms of how everything felt while playing. Combat was meaty and all weapons had an impact and use. Level visuals seemed overdesigned at first but once I stepped out onto the first street segment and into areas beyond that, the visual design balanced out quite nicely and in many cases looked quite stunning. The city skyline alone for one, the method used here has better appeal than a classic approach. If I were to compare this to Duke3D, so far I'd say the gameplay/combat aspects is hands down considerably more engaging - something I've always found Duke to be lacking. Looking forward to what else is in store in later levels. Music is also real sweet, kinda reminds me a little of both Deus Ex and Mark Knight's Duke3D work.

I intend to jump back in and replay the preview more thoroughly on a higher difficulty and hunt down those secrets.

And I can't wait to map for this!

This post has been edited by quakis: 01 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Frederik Schreiber chats about Ion Maiden over at Game Informer.

http://www.gameinfor...on-shooter.aspx

User is offline   Sanek 

View Postquakis, on 01 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

And I can't wait to map for this!

Hell yeah! I hope it will also bring new people into mapping community! B)
However...thanks to DavoX and co, the bar for making the average Ion Maiden level is raised way too high. :)

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah. Seeing the map makes me question what little talent I have. :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 01 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

It rises the bar in terms of architectural design and gameplay planning, is not really like Davox, Loke, Gambini, James or other great mappers weren't mapping all these years anyway. I think fun is always be fun, even from a minimalistic design aproach, and there are different styles of mapping, nothing to worry about imo.

My girlfriend and me are having a really great blast with Ion Maden, congratulations to everyone involved for such an amazing release!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Bought it. There goes my evening of hard drinking and manic depression.

Congratulations to 3D Realms and Voidpoint.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 01 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

Does the 3DR shop item include the Linux version?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I captured some game footage with NVidia Shadowplay. Normally when you recording with Shadowplay (or ShareUI as it's called now, I guess), it saves the videos in a subfolder named after the game. In Ion Maiden's case it saves in a folder called "Base Profile". I don't know what that means, but anyway. Just finished the first area and am missing 14 secrets! Really enjoying it, guys! Fantastic product! Love everything about it so far! Like others have mentioned, I could use a little more Shelly one-liners, but maybe that's because I spend so much time exploring the empty map with no enemies around looking for secrets so she wouldn't really have anything to say. The gunplay and mechanics and handling all feel really natural and I love the bowling bombs. Well done again, Voidpoint and co.!!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I captured some game footage with NVidia Shadowplay. Normally when you recording with Shadowplay (or ShareUI as it's called now, I guess), it saves the videos in a subfolder named after the game. In Ion Maiden's case it saves in a folder called "Base Profile". I don't know what that means, but anyway. Just finished the first area and am missing 14 secrets! Really enjoying it, guys! Fantastic product! Love everything about it so far! Like others have mentioned, I could use a little more Shelly one-liners, but maybe that's because I spend so much time exploring the empty map with no enemies around looking for secrets so she wouldn't really have anything to say. The gunplay and mechanics and handling all feel really natural and I love the bowling bombs. Well done again, Voidpoint and co.!!

I believe base profile is the default; whenever I do videos with Shadowplay/Whateveritscalled it almost always goes into a Base Profile folder.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

What I miss when it comes to one-liners is the contextual stuff ("That's one Doomed space marine!" and the like). I hope that's only missing here because it's a preview campaign, it would be nice to see Shelly reacting to the world more.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHulkNukem, on 01 March 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

I believe base profile is the default; whenever I do videos with Shadowplay/Whateveritscalled it almost always goes into a Base Profile folder.

Interesting. All of my game recordings go into a subfolder of their game's name automatically (so far, The Witness, Half-Life, No Man's Sky, Star Wars Battlefront (2015), Battlefront II, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Warframe. The only one so far that hasn't has been Blackthorne which goes under Wolfenstein 3D (because of DOSBox I'm sure).

(Battlefront II was just the open beta. I haven't purchased the game and don't plan to)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDr. Kylstein, on 01 March 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Does the 3DR shop item include the Linux version?

i only recall being given the option for a windows installer when I purchased it.

somebody posted this as a workaround:

$ sudo pacman -S p7zip sdl2_mixer
$ 7z x IonMaiden_Preview-1.0.exe
$ chmod +x IonMaiden_Linux.bin
$ ./IonMaiden_Linux.bin

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This won't be super ontopic but since the game has performance issues I'm curious about something: how does EDuke32 behave with hyper threading? Can disabling HT in the bios lead to better performance like it used to be the case back in the day when most games did not take advantage of HT?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

In hindsight I'm surprised there aren't any voxel pickups in the game. Will they ever be added?

Also, I don't think I ever used an altfire for the weapons, and I couldn't see an option for that in the menu. I assume they're reserved for the full version?

User is offline   Lunick 

Alt Fires are advertised as a full version thing on the storepage :)

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Add Voidpoint time level completion on the End Zone Screen.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postbrullov, on 02 March 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

Add Voidpoint time level completion on the End Zone Screen.

"When it's done"

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Found a kinda buggy ladder while secret hunting (awesome secret btw. :)):

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 02 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

Shelly's face seems familiar, too familiar...
Aww wait :)
I wonder what Cara Delevigne thinks about Shelly's face and the money being made based on her likeness.
If she would ever be informed, I bet there could be a case here B)
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 02 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Clocked in 77 minutes so far according to Steam. Got to the final area and saved. I didn't mean to actually blaze through as much as I did, I missed a bunch of secrets. Chock-a-block. Very well done level design. It's very squeaky clean. There's a few too many "fake" doors for my taste, but other than that I can't complain.

Oh, and
Posted Image

12/10 would flush again.

View PostZaxx, on 02 March 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

Found a kinda buggy ladder while secret hunting (awesome secret btw. :)):

I had the same issue. Also here:

Posted Image

This one is probably already well known, but these decals can be climbed on and you can get up to the wall perimeter and look over to see the fire and stuff on the other side.

Overall, what a fucking blast, man. Good job Voidpoint. Good fucking job. Not only did you bring back a genuine old school experience with a nice polish and sheen, but you basically saved Shelly from being in that one okay-but-not-so-great game.

The Bombshell series is probably the first where the mediocre sequel was the first game to be released :)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

When I was in the restroom, I gotta admit I was a bit disappointed that the "lady-style peeing" (turn around) animation was not implemented after trying to use the toilet. I think I have seen this somewhere in the forum earlier on. Full version maybe? xD

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options