• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 28 February 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

If we can get more people playing this than World Tour, then that's a big improvement. :)

Would need about 200+ more concurrent players to beat World Tour.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

How the hell did you guys pull off that escalator? It has to be some sort of fancy sprite effect.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Actually it's an unused effect in Duke 3D.

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 28 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Actually it's an unused effect in Duke 3D.

I'm aware of that effect. It was quite jagged and ugly, and quite noticable how it worked. This one was completely smooth. I take it the effect was polished off then, nice work!

View PostForge, on 28 February 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Shelly needs more lines. (the ones she has are good. Want more.)

Agreed. Did they bring back Valerie Arem to voice Bombshell? It sounds like her, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's funny--one of the big criticisms of the first game was the repetitive one liners from Bombshell, in this one the enemies constantly repeat themselves! :)

Congratulations to the team, it's great to see it among the top sellers list on Steam. I hope it's a big success for you guys.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

This is quite addictive.

I'm highly anticipating the final version.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Help!

I'm in this room:
Posted Image
And for the love of me I can't figure out how to progress. Shouldn't that door on the right just open normally? Tried blowing up the manhole cover too, did not work.

User is offline   Steve 64 

Wish I could get the game but steam has stopped me from using Steam Cards, wish I could trade World Tour for it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 28 February 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Help!

And for the love of me I can't figure out how to progress. Shouldn't that door on the right just open normally? Tried blowing up the manhole cover too, did not work.

The door at the top of the stairs should open normally. There's also an autosave point at the top of the stairs.
Try to get it to auto-save, then try the door.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostForge, on 28 February 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

The door at the top of the stairs should open normally. There's also an autosave point at the top of the stairs.
Try to get it to auto-save, then try the door.

Oh yeah, that happened: I got an auto-save, heard some explosions or whatnot but the door did not open. Conclusion: it's bugged.

Edit: Nope, it opens but it opens randomly. If I just start mashing the use button like a madman sometimes it opens.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 28 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   Forge 

in this secret area:

Attached File  capt0002.jpg (58.85K)
Number of downloads: 18

the wall-aligned sprites clip in and out of view (including the airway 86 sign - on both sides of the room)

Attached File  capt0000.jpg (32.82K)
Number of downloads: 23
Attached File  capt0001.jpg (35.04K)
Number of downloads: 15

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

User is online   Mark 

I'm assuming IM is using a later version of Eduke32. Back in August of last year I discovered a bug with doors that if you are right up against a door when you press the open button, you hear the door open sound but the door won't open until you move a little bit away. Even if the door is opening away from you. AFAIK it never got fixed.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMark., on 28 February 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm assuming IM is using a later version of Eduke32. Back in August of last year I discovered a bug with doors that if you are right up against a door when you press the open button, you hear the door open sound but the door won't open until you move a little bit away. Even if the door is opening away from you. AFAIK it never got fixed.

Yep, that was it, I went back and messed around with the door and what you describe is exactly what's happening.

Anyway I finished the preview campaign. It was awesome but I got sad when I saw that I only got half the secrets at the end. :) Gotta go back!

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 28 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I'm at the start of level 2 but I don't know what to do now, I just deactivated a red light wall with a switch behind a grid, you need to open the door on both sides by pressing a knob underwater between two engines, then I returned and used the main switch, nothing happens, came back to use the knob underwater, again nothing happens, I know I must think deeper but I'm a bit tired now, better gonna keep playing tomorrow, overall it is a kick ass game, only issue I experienced is huge fps drops in the first open area (street) and it was really annoying with all those enemies firing from all directions.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 28 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMike Norvak, on 28 February 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

only issue I experienced is huge fps drops in the first open area (street) and it was really annoying with all those enemies firing from all directions.

View PostMblackwell, on 28 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

http://steamcommunit...14735993022193/

Performance Tips:

* Disable vsync
* Raise or remove the framerate cap
* For hitching: Disable Palette Emulation. Lower or Disable Anisotropy.
* For Nvidia users enable Multithreaded Optimizations in the NV Control Panel
* Please make sure that your CPU performance mode is set to its maximum.

these steps helped a lot for my old 650ti
(i raised my framerate cap to 144)

View PostMike Norvak, on 28 February 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

I'm at the start of level 2 but I don't know what to do now, I just deactivated a red light wall with a switch behind a grid, you need to open the door on both sides by pressing a knob underwater between two engines, then I returned and used the main switch, nothing happens, came back to use the knob underwater, again nothing happens,

hit the switch underwater (once)
opens a door in the room above (door at the end of the room with the fence-grating wall)
enter that room - hit the switch (once)
opens a door in the pool room - between the two pools (the other side of the room has one large pool)

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I generally don't like the concept of paying for early access games but I made an exception in this case to help support the developers and purchased from 3D Realms. I have mixed feelings about playing it at this time because I don't want to spoil it for myself since I know it will get better with some updates.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Bought and beat it! awesome job guys!!!

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Best shotgun ever? That thing fucking owns!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 28 February 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Best shotgun ever? That thing fucking owns!

It does not even come close to Blood's sawed-off. :)

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Jolteon 

Just played through the preview campaign, and I extremely love it. Everyone here did an awesome job on this game so far. Cant wait for the full game! :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Posted Image
Yes, it was, goddamit! :)

User is offline   fgsfds 

How to tell that the game was made in 2010s. It doesn't have working mirrors while its predecessors did.Posted Image It's probably because there are not sprites from Bombshell, but the question is, will you ever make them?

Posted Image

Having a problem with 21:9 resulution. When standind near a wall or a sprite, the camera clip through it. Duke didn't have this problem. Is anything can be done about that? Except for not playing in 21:9?

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 28 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postfgsfds, on 28 February 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

It's probably because there are not sprites from Bombshell

Ding ding ding

• Honored Donor

When starting a new game after finishing there are two modes to choose from "Crisis in Columbia" and "Bombardier Trial". What's the difference? Can't find any info in the help screen or steam discussion.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Bombardier Trial caps you at 25 health and limits you to using only Bowlingbombs, but you get infinity of them.

User is offline   Jblade 

Micky: bomb trial gives you infinite bombs and 25 health to work with, not sure if there's other things to it

just saw this on /v/, who's idea was this you bastard :)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  LOSS.jpg (33.38K)
    Number of downloads: 45

This post has been edited by Jblade: 28 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 28 February 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

Micky: bomb trial gives you infinite bombs and 25 health to work with, not sure if there's other things to it

just saw this on /v/, who's idea was this you bastard :)

Obviously, Hendricks said that already Posted Image

I don't get it...

User is offline   Jblade 

well check the post times and you'll see hendricks is a ninja who squeezed his post in whilst I was making mine :)

to make this more relevant, please for all that is good tell us we can double up the SMGs in the final game. it feels a little bit weedy at the moment.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 28 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 28 February 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

well check the post times and you'll see hendricks is a ninja who squeezed his post in whilst I was making mine :)

to make this more relevant, please for all that is good tell us we can double up the SMGs in the final game. it feels a little bit weedy at the moment.

I'm talking about the image you posted, I'm not sure what I'm meant to be getting from it.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options