Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 "V" key crash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 "V" key crash

User is offline   Taxman 

While using Mapster32, whenever I try to use the "V" key in 3D mode to edit tiles, Mapster32 immediately crashes.

I've attached the crash log here. The string of asterisks is me redacting my user account (which happens to be my real name), in case you're wondering.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I can confirm this and it's quite annoying. Being only able to change textures in 2D mode kinda sucks. It must have been introduced with one of the later builds in February. Worked fine in January afaik.

User is offline   Taxman 

View PostNightFright, on 26 February 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

I can confirm this and it's quite annoying. Being only able to change textures in 2D mode kinda sucks. It must have been introduced with one of the later builds in February. Worked fine in January afaik.

How do I edit textures otherwise? The tutorial only explains how its done in 3D mode, and I can't seem to figure out how it's done in 2D. Or should I just download an earlier version?

User is offline   Mark 

I forgot what key to press but when you aim at a wall in 3D and scroll your mouse wheel it applies that texture in real time if that key is held down.

My mistake. Use the - and + keys in 3D while aiming at the wall or floor to scroll through the textures

This post has been edited by Mark.: 26 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   Taxman 

View PostMark., on 26 February 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

I forgot what key to press but when you aim at a wall in 3D and scroll your mouse wheel it applies that texture in real time if that key is held down.

My mistake. Use the - and + keys in 3D while aiming at the wall or floor to scroll through the textures

Alright, I guess that could work. Thanks for the work around.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostTaxman, on 26 February 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Alright, I guess that could work. Thanks for the work around.
With ยด + G you also can select the tile number for walls/floors/ceilings/sprites. But man, using only these workarounds is a pain in the ass. Download an earlier version until it's fixed.

User is offline   pogokeen 

• EDuke32 Developer

I've just pushed a patch that should fix this bug in r6709, you can find the specific revision here (or grab the changes in the latest eduke32 build): http://dukeworld.com.../20180226-6709/

Thanks for the detailed report, please let me know here if you run into any more issues with this! :dukecigar:

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostTaxman, on 26 February 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

How do I edit textures otherwise? The tutorial only explains how its done in 3D mode, and I can't seem to figure out how it's done in 2D. Or should I just download an earlier version?

I pressed F8 on a wall for example and changed the textures through manual input. But it's far better to have a texture list to choose from, ofc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options