Duke4.net Forums: Super Nintendo Classic Edition - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Nintendo Classic Edition  "Got my hands on one"

I have finally got a Super Nintendo Classic Edition and to be honest I'm happy with it, What sucks though I'm sucking at Alien Wars, I used to be so good at it now I'm dying like crazy guess that what I get for not playing the game for so long .

If that money was really burning a hole in your wallet, you could've donated it to the Electronic Frontiers Foundation. Instead, you've been taken advantage of by a money-grubbing company that will stop at nothing to sell you again and again stuff you already bought.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 17 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostAltered Reality, on 17 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

If that money was really burning a hole in your wallet, you could've donated it to the Electronic Frontiers Foundation. Instead, you've been taken advantage of by a money-grubbing company that will stop at nothing to sell you again and again stuff you already bought.

Is it really hard to let people enjoy things...?

User is offline   leilei 

View PostAltered Reality, on 17 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

again and again stuff you already bought.

Good luck applying that to Star Fox 2. :dukecigar:

View Postleilei, on 18 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Good luck applying that to Star Fox 2. :dukecigar:

Starfox 2? Oh, that unfinished game that individual developers leaked to emulation sites in 2001 and was translated to English by fans. Then Nintendo downloaded it off the same emulation sites to sell it to you, while the fans who translated it received no compensation.
Remember, it's the same company that will give you a copyright strike for pirating their music if you upload a Super Mario Bros playthrough on Youtube.

View PostLunick, on 17 February 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Is it really hard to let people enjoy things...?

Yes, if their enjoyment encourages companies to be abusive toward customers. The whole Battlefront 2 shitstorm only came to be because someone thought it was too hard to let people enjoy it.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 19 February 2018 - 05:28 AM

Altered Reality It there project they can do anything that they want with it.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 19 February 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Altered Reality It there project they can do anything that they want with it.

So if Gearbox decided to sell a version of Duke Nukem 3D (their game) that includes eDuke32 and the HRP (a fan project) out of the box, without even acknowledging that they did not make it, you would be completely okay with it. Right?

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 19 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's literally in the HRP license, isn't it?

I don't know if it is true or not but seems 3DRealms stole Graphics as well

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 19 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

As far as I know, the leaked version of StarFox 2 was incomplete.

There's no reason Nintendo wouldn't have the original full version of the game from Argonaut, as they were the ones to pull the plug after the game was finished.

User is offline   leilei 

View PostAltered Reality, on 19 February 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Starfox 2? Oh, that unfinished game that individual developers leaked to emulation sites in 2001 and was translated to English by fans. Then Nintendo downloaded it off the same emulation sites to sell it to you, while the fans who translated it received no compensation.

Can't compensate those who were never involved. That's a completely different older build and you're willing to step into bullshit slandering the guy who originally helped localize Earthbound (Mother 2) just for a bit of EFF alarmism... and if your claims were anywhere near reality this guy would be ranting about it, but alas.... he's not.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 19 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I don't know if it is true or not but seems 3DRealms stole Graphics as well

It's more on Apogee than 3D Realms. I do know at least they've sampled off certain Konami SNES games for sounds... but that's nowhere near the bullshit theft story Altered Reality is implying.

This post has been edited by leilei: 19 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostAltered Reality, on 19 February 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Factually wrong. The Starfox 2 included with the SNES Classic is the final version of the game, unlike anything that leaked.

User is offline   Lunick 

Well, this thread has certainly gone to the shitter.

Just like the NES Classic Edition, you can add more games via hakchi although the tool has been forked numerous times and hakchi2 CE is considered the best tool for now https://github.com/T...kchi2/releases/ Combined with the SFROM tool and the patches on the page, you can also get a bunch of games to run that wouldn't normally work on the inbuilt canoe emulator either due to not launching, being a PAL rom or having graphical glitches http://darkakuma.z-n.../sfromtool.html

I don't personally have a SNES Classic Edition but it's something I'd like to get along the line when more patches etc have come out for games like Uniracers.

Good thing that I picked up the last one at my local Best Buy. Lucky me. I even bought the extension cords and the carrying case!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: IMG_2458.JPG

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 19 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 February 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

That's literally in the HRP license, isn't it?

Then, why didn't we ever see Randy promote "Duke Nukem 3D Remastered" for consoles, twisting the truth saying things like "This was our greatest success, we wanted to bring it to a new generation of gamers, and now for the first time, we're bringing it to your consoles with all-new high definition graphics", while showing off clips of a console port of EDuke32 with the HRP?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostAltered Reality, on 20 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Then, why didn't we ever see Randy promote "Duke Nukem 3D Remastered" for consoles, twisting the truth saying things like "This was our greatest success, we wanted to bring it to a new generation of gamers, and now for the first time, we're bringing it to your consoles with all-new high definition graphics", while showing off clips of a console port of EDuke32 with the HRP?

I'm struggling to understand what point you're trying to make with how many strawmen you're dishing out. Barring the fact that the HRP is in no way shape or form at a level that could be shipped as a product, did World Tour teach you nothing about how Gearbox would never use EDuke32 as a base for anything?

View PostHendricks266, on 20 February 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

did World Tour teach you nothing about how Gearbox would never use EDuke32 as a base for anything?

It has certainly taught me about how. It has taught me nothing about why. You'd think that, if the HRP license allows the IP holders to profit from fan work, Randy would jump at the opportunity.

User is offline   Avoozl 

It's just too bad that they didn't add the games Donkey Kong Country 2 and Chrono Trigger, but at least there is still a way to.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostAltered Reality, on 20 February 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

You'd think that, if the HRP license allows the IP holders to profit from fan work,

It absolutely does not.

1. You may not use this Work or anything contained in this Work for commercial
purposes.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's my bad then. I asserted that it was in the HRP license that it could be used by the IP holders for whatever they wanted. My bad.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options