https://twitter.com/...450503066759168

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Searching it gets you this:
Posted Image

Wow when I click on it sents me back to main steam page

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

DMCA? What the heck is going on?

EDIT: Ok, I just checked my achievements again and now the count for shrink ray kills seems to have jumped up to 39/40. So achievements aren't affected like I was worried about. Workshop subscriptions still seems to work too.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

If it weren't for the branch update being made to the game prior to this happening, I'd almost want to say this has to be more 3D Realms vs. Gearbox shenanigans. Then again, it could be. If Gearbox was warned in advance that the game was going to be removed, maybe that update was published at the last minute for whatever unknown reason. I have no idea how the DMCA takedown process works when it comes to Steam, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is more battling going on over who owns the rights to the game.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 30 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 30 January 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

If it weren't for the branch update being made to the game prior to this happening, I'd almost want to say this has to be more 3D Realms vs. Gearbox shenanigans.

I don't know what is happening, but I can confirm that this is not it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What are the odds that Gearbox sold all or part of the Duke IP :dukecigar:

I just did a new search and it not coming up at all now.

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 31 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDuke Legacy, on 31 January 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

I just did a new search and it not coming up at all now.

I wouldn't use the Search as an indication of anything other than Valve's system being very slow to update

Alright

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostMicky C, on 31 January 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

What are the odds that Gearbox sold all or part of the Duke IP :dukecigar:

Who would want to take it off their hands?
I can't imagine the Duke Nukem IP having much financial value at the moment and I also don't see Gearbox selling it for a pittance.

User is offline   Maisth 

Hopefully this doesn't mean we need to buy another edition or something like that.

This post has been edited by Maisth: 31 January 2018 - 05:14 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostX-Vector, on 31 January 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Who would want to take it off their hands?
I can't imagine the Duke Nukem IP having much financial value at the moment and I also don't see Gearbox selling it for a pittance.

You’re kidding right?

Did you not hear how Randy said they got loads of Duke pitches and even back when they said they wanted an external dev to make the next game, Devolver Digital and other companies showed they wanted the Duke.

Duke still has the brand power and fan base to stay among the ranks of Doom, Wolfenstein, Shadow Warrior and the like.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

maybe they decided to do something about including the three main commercial addons

Daragh Butterly (Gearbox Software Support)
Jan 31, 12:45 PM CST
Hey there,
Thanks for writing in! We'd also like to thank you for your interest in the Duke Nukem series. We'd like to attempt to answer your questions regarding the removal & availability of Duke Nukem titles across multiple platforms: There is not any big problem or change coming for the Duke Nukem titles. The removal is due to nothing exciting. Just paperwork formalities with account change overs. We don't have any official announcements regarding Duke Nukem at this time.

User is offline   NNC 

Meh... for a moment I thought they come up with something exciting.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 01 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

Do they ever come out with something exciting when it comes to Duke? I ask you all

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Top notch IP management right there, Gearbox! :dukecigar:

• The Sarien Encounter

Still playing through. This time I listened to some of the commentaries. This is a great product really. I just wish it also came with the 3 expansions. I don't think Gearbox or Randy deserved as much hate as they got when this first came out.

I've run into some sound errors, though, with certain incorrect door and elevator sound effects triggering. Also, nothing seems to "stop" a sound. Like if Duke is falling from a high height and starts screaming and then hits the ground or water he just keeps screaming. But otherwise it's quite good.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

User is offline   Poorchop 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 February 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

I don't think Gearbox or Randy deserved as much hate as they got when this first came out.

Speaking as a newcomer, they absolutely deserved all of the hate. I don't think any of the hate was directed towards the new episode so much as it was directed towards all of the problems with the port. I mentioned this several times already but even the most basic options aren't available: disabling vsync, binding mouse thumb buttons, and being able to disable the terrible weapon switching system if you're on PC.

I watched videos of the game before it was patched up a bit and the sound was beyond terrible. The fact that something in that condition got the green light to ship is baffling. 3 classic episodes were removed. The mouse look feels awful. Megaton could've been had for like a dollar while this is $20. It would've been more tolerable if Megaton wasn't removed but that wasn't the case. Fullbrights still haven't been added apparently, so pig cop eyes don't glow and kamikaze drones are impossible to see in the dark until they explode in your face.

I haven't played the new episode yet but I'm pretty stoked about it. I think it's great that some of the original team got together to make new maps and add a little commentary. However, that doesn't excuse all of these other issues, many of which are still ongoing and probably never going to be fixed.

• The Sarien Encounter

You have a point. I forgot about all those issues because I didn't buy it back then. I suppose I shouldn't have anything to say about when it first came out. That's obviously lazy.

Yeah, the mouse look is something that bugs me. It's probably my biggest issue that still isn't fixed. And yeah the weapon switch isn't great either. On the whole now, though, it's not bad. And I consider it worth the money I paid (although, I got it on sale). But paying for a brand new episode and the developer commentary was worth what I paid for sure. The engine upgrades also aren't as well done as EDuke32 obviously.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Has someone heard all the coomentaries? Is the some meaningful info about the levels and development or just plain talking?

• The Sarien Encounter

They're specific to the locations where they're located for the most part. However, I've noticed that when I switch to another level the commentary icons disappear most of the time and I can't get them back.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 February 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

They're specific to the locations where they're located for the most part. However, I've noticed that when I switch to another level the commentary icons disappear most of the time and I can't get them back.

Not all of the levels have them unfortunately. From another forum:

"Lunick: If you look in the folder DevCommentary under Sound, only the following levels have commentary:
E1L1
E1L7
E2L1
E2L2
E2L3
E2L10
E3L3
E3L4
E3L10
E4L1
E4L2
E4L7
E4L8
E5L1
E5L2
E5L4
E5L5
E5L6
E5L7
E5L8"

I just refunded Duke Nukem 3D World Tour for xbox thanks Microsoft maybe next time gearbox will learn to fix there games.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 04 February 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

I just refunded Duke Nukem 3D World Tour for xbox thanks Microsoft maybe next time gearbox will learn to fix there games.

That's impossible, every single Gearbox product I played had these smaller bugs that won't bother most people, only passionate fans. Guess they like saving money on QA.

User is online   Player Lin 

*Sigh*

If they can't even get the WT game fixed at all, who would think they'll make new game without the same mistake(s) happens again? :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 05 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   Avoozl 

I am still kicking myself for not getting the free copy from GoG in 2012.

I got mind thanks to Yatta

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPlayer Lin, on 05 February 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

*Sigh*

If they can't even get the WT game fixed at all, who would think they'll make new game without the same mistake(s) happens again? :dukecigar:

Yeah, that's the problem: nobody. :) Gearbox is the kind of company that doesn't really like to think forward in the sense of that they are not looking at the long term benefits. Really what WT needs is one last patch that fixes the sound bugs and corrects some other small issues but nope, it sold badly so no more support. That ensures that the game will get a bad rep in the long run so WT will always be that ambitious but flawed Duke re-release that sold next to no copies. It's a shame because normally classic games like Duke 3D always sell in periods when the IP is popular (for example when there's a new game around) so fixing WT up would be a priority for a smarter company.

Let's hope that now that the game was taken down GBX will be like "hey, now that we have to mess around with this we could make a small patch" but I don't think that will be the case. :wub:

Edit: Well, it seems like there is a new test branch of WT on the SteamDB page so who knows, maybe there's a patch in the works. The last test branch like this got promoted to being the public release eventually.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options