Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants  "Sprite variants I drew for fun"

Enforcer variants.

Attached Image: enforcer1.png

Attached Image: enforcer2.png

User is offline   BoowHow 

These variations look good.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View Postjet_nick, on 12 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

recreate new enemies from old concept is a good think, many concepts
is a pity that they are not used in the final game, anyway this alien female concept is fantastic,
the firefly trooper could be used as a base.

http://www.chuckejon...duke_alienx.jpg

I had a very similar idea, but it doesn't look as good in practice as the idea does in theory. I'll share it when I get on the laptop.

Cool. I would like to see it.

Question: I'm working on doing some Unused Duke Forever enemies. One of them is the Boss Hog. I'm basing it off of the pinky demon from Doom64. Does anyone know what the purpose is for the 3 tentacles/tongues? Is it a certain attack it would have? I'm leaning towards making it have an bite attack like the pinky and then maybe use the tentacles/tongues stick out as a puking projectile animation.

http://duke4ever.alt...F_BossHog02.jpg

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 15 January 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Behold, the Bad Pigcop Boss!!!!

This is pure gold, even without melee facing other directions. It's rare to see a new enemy that fits seamlessly into Duke 3D with high quality art, and has both shooting and melee.

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 19 January 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Question: I'm working on doing some Unused Duke Forever enemies. One of them is the Boss Hog. I'm basing it off of the pinky demon from Doom64. Does anyone know what the purpose is for the 3 tentacles/tongues? Is it a certain attack it would have? I'm leaning towards making it have an bite attack like the pinky and then maybe use the tentacles/tongues stick out as a puking projectile animation.

That would be a good idea - I could also think of an attack where he uses it to grab Duke's gun or whatever, which would be tricky to pull off with 2D sprites but still do able.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 19 January 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Cool. I would like to see it.

http://duke4ever.alt...F_BossHog02.jpg

In theory Jet-nick did this enemy already, a good reproduction to me. You may want to update his work to add further details instead of start from beginning.

Attached Image: DNF Hog.png

Sum updates on the cyber-enforcer?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 January 2018 - 04:56 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

That one is based on the Doom64 pinky though, it's possible Sebab would want to avoid using materials from other games and stuff (but of course he might not mind either)

Oh, I didn't see that. That looks pretty good. Mine was based on the pinky from doom64 as well. My version was going for a more graphic and scary looking boss hog. I guess I'll stop working on that one. But I could still release it if you all want to see. Maybe his and mine could be variants of each others.

Here's my first pass at the cyber enforcer:
Attached Image: cyberenforcer.png

If you're wondering, I used a terminator T600 3d model as a base and then put it into 3dsmax and rendered it like how the original duke sprites were made.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 20 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

a w e s o m e

really fantastic work!

Oh, I didn't see that. That looks pretty good. Mine was based on the pinky from doom64 as well. My version was going for a more graphic and scary looking boss hog. I guess I'll stop working on that one. But I could still release it if you all want to see. Maybe his and mine could be variants of each others.

Hmm, how far along were you on it? I feel a more original variant would be better than that one (no disrespect intended to Jet-nick of course) but ultimately it's your own time and it might be better spent on enemies that haven't been done yet.

Well here's boss hog so far. I was planning on making him more disfigured and dirty looking.
Attached Image: bosshog.png

I have quite a few Duke Forever concepts I'm working on. Some are very close to being done. Big Head Floating Alien, Mega Octabrain Boss, 2 Battlelord Cyclops variants, 2 Fat commander variants.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 20 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

I have quite a few Duke Forever concepts I'm working on. Some are very close to being done. Big Head Floating Alien, Mega Octabrain Boss, 2 Battlelord Cyclops variants, 2 Fat commander variants.

You know what? The Lunar Overlord is the less modified enemy in DN3D history for some reason, maybe for most it lacks of charisma and does not encourage fantasy? The beta version had more potential from this point of view: Gif https://forums.duke4...ost__p__192902.
3/4 pic http://hendricks266....ages/sshot1.jpg

Somebody even pointed it out the Overlord notoriety problems :dukecigar:
https://forums.duke4...__1#entry210123

BTW I want to see that boss hog in the next DNF 2013 release. But what to do to differentiate from the one that is already there? We should replace?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Heh, are you reading my mind? I am actually working on a Overlord variant with the crotch turret right as I saw your post. For some reason though, I'm having trouble thinking of a good variant of him.

Putting a weapon in his hand would be already something that differs from the original which counts only on his rockets and and it's physical mass to attack. If your goal is an Overlord with crotch turret, much is worth recreating the beta indeed, he has them and it is so different that can be considered a variation by itself.
You can even make one with a cyclopic eye but it would only be a physical change. A better idea is make a rideable variant where other enemies uses it as companion steed. Or even a melee attack only without missiles and/or armor.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 20 January 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Here's my first pass at the cyber enforcer:
Attachment cyberenforcer.png

If you're wondering, I used a terminator T600 3d model as a base and then put it into 3dsmax and rendered it like how the original duke sprites were made.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 20 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Well here's boss hog so far. I was planning on making him more disfigured and dirty looking.
Attachment bosshog.png

Absolutely incredible. Seriously, this takes "what could have been" and turns it into "what SHOULD have been"---and even better, with people like JBlade and others here on forum, your creations could very well show up in a Duke Nukem 3D mod or TC later on down the line!

Of course, I only have one question....do you plan, at any point, to make a version of Dr. Proton that could be used in D3D?

View PostMajor Tom, on 20 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Of course, I only have one question....do you plan, at any point, to make a version of Dr. Proton that could be used in D3D?

I was thinking about that after my to do list. It all depends. There are many iterations of Dr. Proton. I think it's definitely doable. But which version/design is the question because I don't know which one is the most popular.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 20 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

I was thinking about that after my to do list. It all depends. There are many iterations of Dr. Proton. I think it's definitely doable. But which version/design is the question because I don't know which one is the most popular.

In my head, I picture a Duke Nukem 3D boss fight against Dr. Proton starting off with him in his hovering chair, then going to the spider-mech he had in DNF, and after that....feel free to invoke concept art. A fight against Dr. Proton shouldn't just be a quick "shoot the chair out of the sky and it's done" thing, to me.

On a semi-related note, is there any way at all to put the three different types of Fem-Mechs from Manhattan Project into Duke3D? I know you used a version of the models for the octababy for those sprites.....any way to repeat the process with the Fem-Mechs?

There is this one partially based on the Hellknight (second image down). One frame it's a good Proton design, all you have to do is completing it. Unless you want a Proton more similar to DNF insted of DN1.

Actually why don't make them both? :dukecigar:

https://forums.duke4...ndpost&p=192909

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostFantinaikos, on 20 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

There is this one partially based on the Hellknight (second image down). One frame it's a good Proton design, all you have to do is completing it. Unless you want a Proton more similar to DNF insted of DN1.

Actually why don't make them both? :dukecigar:

https://forums.duke4...ndpost&p=192909

can it be useful?
https://i.imgur.com/...ciEREezN8odPWzA

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 21 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Battlelords

Attached Image: battlelord1.png

Attached Image: battlelord2.png
I personally think the concept art for this one is freaky looking. I almost didn't want to make him because of that.

BTW, I think I'm making good progress with Dr. Proton sprites. So far, I have a hovering, spider, and walking versions. I used the Duke Forever 3d model.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Damn I wish I had these when I was making Typical Day, would have had a lot of different situations.

Keep em coming these are amazing!

you can also use this concept for Flying proton

http://duke4ever.alt...1/dr_proton.jpg
https://lezisell.dev...tatic-329275593
https://lezisell.dev...-ONLY-606756033

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 22 January 2018 - 04:42 AM

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 21 January 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Battlelords

Attachment battlelord1.png

Attachment battlelord2.png
I personally think the concept art for this one is freaky looking. I almost didn't want to make him because of that.

BTW, I think I'm making good progress with Dr. Proton sprites. So far, I have a hovering, spider, and walking versions. I used the Duke Forever 3d model.

Absolutely freaking BEAUTIFUL! It's like something out of a dream to see concept art realized and made into actual sprites....if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you were a sprite artist from an alternate dimension where these were actually in the game, and you just brought your work with you to this one!

And very good to hear about the Dr. Proton sprites---again, I really hope your creations get used in mods made by the talented people of this forum. It'd be awesome to have a Duke Nukem 3D mod that features a multi-stage battle with Dr. Proton...

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 22 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

View Postjet_nick, on 22 January 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Those are exactly the ones I'm using. I had trouble opening the 3d model for the spider one so I ended up making it myself (considering the design is rather boxy and simplistic). One interesting thing, using actual 3d models, the character proportions are mostly realistic. But in the Duke 3d universe, everyone's proportions are more exaggerated (wider, bigger arms and heads) so I did the same with Dr Proton so he wouldn't look like a stick. I may show a preview later.

Question: Do I need to credit the author from Deviantart since I'm using his extracted 3d models?

And thanks, Major Tom. I really appreciate it. I just hope someone will code these into mods one day.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 22 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

No worry, maybe you will find more interesting make a complete sheet of that modified Battlelord of your own design from your front only sprites, it looks like a Battlelord officer. https://forums.duke4...31954_thumb.png

Same for the hammerhead shark. Like the Overlord is another creature no one really ever retouched in years excluding this https://forums.duke4...post__p__224752

Question: Do I need to credit the author from Deviantart since I'm using his extracted 3d models?

Yes, it would be the normal act of courtesy even when the source become so different from the original that it is transformed into something completely different. But in the end it is a your decision if we were excessively ridiculously fussy we should specify every time our sources.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

That's some good shit here. I really like all the sprites I've seen so far here, especially this new Pig :dukecigar:. I wish I could see similar stuff for Blood game.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostDzierzan, on 22 January 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

That's some good shit here. I really like all the sprites I've seen so far here, especially this new Pig :). I wish I could see similar stuff for Blood game.

Man that would be totaly freaking awesome if that would be a possibility! :dukecigar:

User is offline   darkcaleb 

sebabdukeboss20 I'll be bloody honest with you man, YOU ARE MAKING SOME AMAZING STUFF THERE MAN! Keep going, hopefully someone will be able to make this enemies playable ingame :)

Always interested into seeing more stuff on what your working on! :dukecigar:

I really appreciate it guys! I'm kind of on a sprite drawing phase right now (taking a small break from Abduction 4.1) and after finding a very efficient method of making these I decided to churn out what I can. Many of these ideas I wanted to do a long time ago.

Here's preview of Dr. Proton(s)
Attached Image: drprotonpreview.jpg

And 2 Fat Commander variants:

Attached Image: fatcommander1.png

Attached Image: fatcommander2.png
I really like how the DNF variant turned out. Using a mancubus head saved me some time.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 22 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 22 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

I really appreciate it guys! I'm kind of on a sprite drawing phase right now (taking a small break from Abduction 4.1) and after finding a very efficient method of making these I decided to churn out what I can. Many of these ideas I wanted to do a long time ago.

Here's preview of Dr. Proton(s)
Attachment drprotonpreview.jpg

And 2 Fat Commander variants:

Attachment fatcommander1.png

Attachment fatcommander2.png
I really like how the DNF variant turned out. Using a mancubus head saved me some time.

Doctor proton is coming back :dukecigar:

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options