Duke4.net Forums: Freezed player glitch. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freezed player glitch.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Use the freezer weapon and try to freezing Duke/player himself, with chasecam mode on, and I got this weird result...

Attached Image: duke0006.png

Duke looks like in mid-air when he froze.
After a while, will back to fine as he unfroze, until next time he get freeze again.

Using the latest snapshot : r6576.

======

I found eduke32 still running at 25% CPU time when unfocused/paused(with ingame pause function), it still run at 60fps/or what maxfps I set.

I think it would be better if there is a CVAR to let user set the max fps value when running eduke32 in background(like 10fps or something lower) to reduce the system resource usage.

Not sure about paused game, since DOS Duke still run at >60 fps with or without paused the game(tested with DNRATE cheat in Megaton Edition's Classic Duke3D option), so maybe that just not a bug...

EDIT:

Other bug(or maybe not?): I place my own dethtoll.mid on my eduke32 directory as for replacement for all usermap without its own music, but now the eduke32 just play the original E1L2 one, not the one I replaced, does it intended?

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 13 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

When I saw the title of topic, I knew exactly which bug you were referring to. Anyway, yes I remember finding this bug a couple of years ago and I wanted to report a while ago but kept forgetting about that.

But yeah this frozen Duke in midair glitch is quite old and present in older versions of EDuke32 as well. I know for sure it doesn't happen in vanilla Duke3D.

As for the other bug, it didn't occur for me yet.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

For reference, the player does not float in DOS version.

The game still run some animations when paused, so the FPS thing can't be helped.

View PostFox, on 13 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

The game still run some animations when paused, so the FPS thing can't be helped.

It's true, so maybe "background fps" setting may help when eduke32 program isn't on active...maybe... :dukecigar:

This remind me about some DooM source ports like GZDooM, when the game paused, it will reduced to 35fps(the DooM engine's spec, 1second = 35 gametic) and reduced the resource usage, animation(like animated water textures) still running too. But I don't think the Build/eduke32 engine can do such thing too... :)

View PostPlayer Lin, on 13 January 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

EDIT:

Other bug(or maybe not?): I place my own dethtoll.mid on my eduke32 directory as for replacement for all usermap without its own music, but now the eduke32 just play the original E1L2 one, not the one I replaced, does it intended?

I decided using some online service(Zamzar, first result when google-ing) for converting the MIDI to ogg(the result file just about 79 times bigger than original MIDI for some reasons but that's not big deal) and Audacity for adjust volume of the ogg, now eduke32 can load the custom music without problem, so I guess it's not really a problem...custom game content directory also working but needed put a copy of duke3d.grp for working...

I'm not sure old mapset/TCs did replaced original MIDIs by placed them with original filename on the directory of Duke3d.exe/eduke32.exe still have do this treatment or not, at least dethtoll.mid ones needed, maybe. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options