Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Paul B 

As crazy busy as this time of year is for all sorts of things I have been slowly chipping away at yet another Polymer Duke Nukem map. This is the first time I've taken a real location with measurements and applied them to a Duke map so the scale is accurate give or take 6 inches. This map will be a realism map using the Mapster editor. Attached are some screenshots of what you can expect to see coming in 2018.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1.jpg
  • Attached Image: 2.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3.jpg
  • Attached Image: 4.jpg

This post has been edited by Paul B: 24 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What do you mean realistic scale? Keep in mind that a truely realistic scale wouldn’t suit Duke very well. You need to make areas taller due to the jump height, and wider/longer because of the fast running speed.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMicky C, on 24 December 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

What do you mean realistic scale? Keep in mind that a truely realistic scale wouldn’t suit Duke very well. You need to make areas taller due to the jump height, and wider/longer because of the fast running speed.

Well i know this might be hard to believe but the lower drop ceilings in the commercial building are 9 3/4 -10 feet tall Where as the actual inside roof of the building is 24 feet tall. This just so happens to fit the Duke Engine perfectly. I think the reason why the roof is so high is because of an over sized large shipping door at the back of the building, the door is oversized standing about 16 feet tall. It's like they built the roof around this one massive cargo door.

I have no idea how the game play will turn out as I haven't added any A.I but I figure if I can run around with run mode on and still manage to get around without too many problems then it might be okay. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. Time will tell maybe the map will play better with Run mode off to allow for easier navigation but i tried not to clutter it too much and keep the main paths true to life and flowing. I can also prove the accuracy with the surveillance video images. They are exactly the same view in real life as they are in the map. It is really cool!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 24 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Worked on for V2 of my mod, added the yellow addon gem for weapon 7A.
Napalm, probably among the strongest addon ever.

The map I've been working on that was planned for a Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day, release has suffered from an unexpected delay (me getting a night shift job) so therefor it will be postponed for a, hopefully, New Years Eve release. I was going to post pictures, but AVG keeps blocking me from saving screenshots, so they will have to wait. I hope everyone understand the delays, and I apologize. The map will still be Christmas themed, but it will be released for New Years.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Why an anti-virus program would blocking you for saving screenshots?!

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 December 2017 - 03:16 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Is strange an anti-virus program blocks from taking screenshots when the screenies comes from you not outside the PC
Even if it comes from outside the PC it wouldn't do that because is like taking a photo, Same as if you take a photo of an infected thing you don't catch the infection.

Maybe could be an error in the anti-virus program.

If you take screenshots of Eduke maps I'm 100% it has no virus.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 December 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 26 December 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Is strange an anti-virus program blocks from taking screenshots when the screenies comes from you not outside the PC
Even if it comes from outside the PC it wouldn't do that because is like taking a photo, Same as if you take a photo of an infected thing you don't catch the infection.

Maybe could be an error in the anti-virus program.

If you take screenshots of Eduke maps I'm 100% it has no virus.

It says it's Ransomware, and keeps blocking it.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Isn't Ramsomware suppose to pop this ugly box that would blackmail you to pay them or they will delete all your HD?

Like this? (from a news site)
Posted Image

Maybe can be another ransomware or something.

User is offline   Mark 

My dad had a screen similar to that pop up except it was from the FBI. :D

User is offline   spacekebab 

playing with code mashed together from dukeplus, brutal duke, striker-dm and myself. I just wanted to learn how to make a working flamethrower for myself, ended up getting a little blood thirsty and voxel crazy

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looks interesting. How's performance?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

I love it!

View PostMicky C, on 27 December 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Looks interesting. How's performance?

It'll render fast, but voxel enemies take up a lot of game memory. There is a certain limit to how many voxels EDuke can load, it's not a lot, but enough to pull this off if done very efficiently.

User is offline   spacekebab 

weirdly, the textures bog down the performance far more than the voxels. in most maps it runs just fine

User is offline   Sanek 

Ever since I finished CandyMania, I started thinking about the next game I'm going to make. While CandyMania was not a smash hit, it was a good training ground and I learned a lot during it's development. I started to draw some textures in late December, but it's obvious that I need to gather a team to make a new project. However, before asking anybody to work with me, I need to make something in the first place. B)

What can I say about the project?

1. It will have a space/hi-tech theme.
2. It will be the FPS with lots of platforming. CandyMania don't feature any guns, so...you can figure out what I want to do. ;)
3. Just like in CandyMania, you have to collect a number of points to finish the level. It will allow levels to have non-linear layouts, and with weapons and enemies and other cool tricks it will be a lot of fun!

You can see the screenshot below which features original textures made for the game. Sprites is absent by now, and some sprites and weapons from Duke will be used as a temporary placeholders until the brand new ones will arrive.
Right now I'm still working on textures. Once I'll finish a level or two I'll send it to artists and programmers around the community, and will hope that they'll get intrested in my ideas and will join me in a very peculiar journey. :D

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Be sure to ask Eddy to be on the new team. :D

User is offline   CruX 

the mutations didn't up their IQ's any...

Posted Image

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostCruX, on 03 January 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

the mutations didn't up their IQ's any...

Posted Image

Well, if it ain't Bebop! Hehehee :D

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Finished my mod Version 2, one with 2 extra levels, fixes etc.
Will undergo tests etc and should release in a few days

User is offline   Sanek 

DELETE

This post has been edited by Sanek: 07 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Hey CruX, do you work on some kind of a mod like Nuclear Showdown? Or there will be a new maps coming with it? :D

User is offline   CruX 

View PostSanek, on 07 January 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Hey CruX, do you work on some kind of a mod like Nuclear Showdown? Or there will be a new maps coming with it? :D

I'm considering, more as a personal challenge than anything else, speed mapping a little 3-piece episode to debut the mod with, but haven't come to a final decision on it yet. I'd hate to have to put off a release anymore than i already have, but that's a ways out no matter how you look at it, so

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Some stuff i been working on while waiting for my new laptop :D

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Example.png
  • Attached Image: Example2.png

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 07 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

User is offline   CruX 

^^ Badass!

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostTURBOKID, on 07 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Cool! I like how you made all these strippers look different both from the original and each other ;)

This post has been edited by Sanek: 07 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

View PostTURBOKID, on 07 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

I especially like the high resolution 1911 and Devastator, and the old Duke sprite in hr too ;)

Will these be for your "Atomic Reload" mod ? Or is it canceled ? haven't heard of it for a very long while >_>

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 08 January 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

I especially like the high resolution 1911 and Devastator, and the old Duke sprite in hr too B)

Will these be for your "Atomic Reload" mod ? Or is it canceled ? haven't heard of it for a very long while >_>

Thanks ;) And no these are just for something im doing while im limited in hardware, Atomic Reload will resume soon hopefully :D

Feels like i have wasted my time but i was working on this

Attached Image: HUDSEX1.png
Attached Image: HUDSEX3.png
Attached Image: HUDSEX2.png

Though my sprites seem to be assimilating quite well so silver linings and all

Attached Image: SCREEN1.png

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 08 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTURBOKID, on 08 January 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I like it. :D Got any more screens?

View PostHendricks266, on 08 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I like it. ;) Got any more screens?

Just these
The textures are giving me the business :D

Attached Image: duke0011.png

Attached Image: duke0017.png

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options