• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 16 October 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I will definitely look into the maphacks. I believe I can apply them to the maps without too much trouble.
Well, there's a lot of nitpicking involved. No one will probably have the time to check the rooftop fences in nwl2 ...
Wait a few minutes, I'm about to update the download link above on the previous page ... done. (Or check the main HRP repo.)

This post has been edited by LeoD: 16 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but for some reason the NW_HRP and VACA_HRP don't work anymore. I've just installed the latest HRP and whenever I try to run them, either it can't detect one of the files, or if they're all in the right place,
the launcher just crashes and doesn't respond. I've tried reinstalling (using the SVN) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Am I doing something wrong?

View Postdarkprince227, on 19 October 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but for some reason the NW_HRP and VACA_HRP don't work anymore. I've just installed the latest HRP and whenever I try to run them, either it can't detect one of the files, or if they're all in the right place,
the launcher just crashes and doesn't respond. I've tried reinstalling (using the SVN) but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Am I doing something wrong?

Scratch this, it's working just fine now for both addons. I don't know exactly what went wrong, but it might be the EDuke3D update I put in (the new one with EDuke64) but in any event, it seems to be working fine.

Keep on rocking

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdarkprince227, on 19 October 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Scratch this, it's working just fine now for both addons. I don't know exactly what went wrong, but it might be the EDuke3D update I put in (the new one with EDuke64)
Everything pre-r4100 should be OK. Switching to SDL2 has changed processing of command line parameters. Either EDuke32 or NWPlus/VacaPlus batch files need to be changed.

User is offline   MrEWhite 

EDuke64 WILL NOT WORK with this.
The main game wont load. The demo will though.

Hellooooooo (echoes) :)

Um, anyway, I hope all is going well here. I've just done my annual Xmas-time playthough of this mod. Everything seems to be going well, I was going to ask why the begging cutscene at the
start of the game plays, but the ending one right after you fix Santa doesn't and it just cuts right to the 'twas the night before Christmas scene' but I soon learned that Hendricks took it out the
pack for some reason.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO DUKE A GOOD FIGHT!

(and please don't forget about me!) <--- Mod talking

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postdarkprince227, on 24 December 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

but I soon learned that Hendricks took it out the pack for some reason.

I did not. What you're seeing in the extra folders of Vaca+ and NW+ are highres replacements for the cutscenes that currently have no way of being used in-game.

However, if the ending cutscenes are not playing, then that is a bug. Do the main game's episode 2 and 3 cutscenes play properly?

I just tested the main game's cutscenes and to my surprise they don't work. They seem to work in eduke64, but not in eduke32 strangely enough, and I think the BATs use eduke32, don't they?

I think you may be onto something, by the way, sorry if I offended you by what I wrote about you taking them out the pack.

Happy holidays, mate and keep it up. :)

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 24 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   sergey808a 

View Postdarkprince227, on 24 December 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Hellooooooo (echoes) :)

Um, anyway, I hope all is going well here. I've just done my annual Xmas-time playthough of this mod. Everything seems to be going well, I was going to ask why the begging cutscene at the
start of the game plays, but the ending one right after you fix Santa doesn't and it just cuts right to the 'twas the night before Christmas scene' but I soon learned that Hendricks took it out the
pack for some reason.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO DUKE A GOOD FIGHT!

(and please don't forget about me!) <--- Mod talking

Newest EDuke builds are skipping ending videos, this is a bug. I wrote about it to the developers but they do not fix this bug.

This post has been edited by sergey808a: 24 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postdarkprince227, on 24 December 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

They seem to work in eduke64, but not in eduke32 strangely enough, and I think the BATs use eduke32, don't they?

"eduke64" was a temporary measure when all the build variants were packaged together. Now 32-bit and 64-bit builds are packaged separately, with both named "eduke32.exe".

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 1292. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?
............................................Invalid frame name on line nw_hrp/sprites/props.def:36
Removing model 451 due to errors.

In nw_hrp/sprites/props.def, the frame name for 3602_fence.md3 is wrong. Instead of "Frame0" it needs to be "From ASE".
And that warning is worth to be fixed, too, IMO.
EDuke32 still miscounts the line numbers in DEF files. (It's actually 37, not 36)

View PostLeoD, on 15 October 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Maphacks for Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus available.

View PostHendricks266, on 15 October 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

With exceptions for spriteext-based changes such as notmd, all maphacks for NW+ and Vaca+ are intended to be taken care of in the map patching. When Lunatic becomes mainline, the maps will exist in their patched state in the repo in the new text-based map format.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 October 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I will definitely look into the maphacks. I believe I can apply them to the maps without too much trouble.

Hm, nothing has happened since then, and, tbh., I don't expect much in the foreseeable future. All but one patch/maphack in the repo are four years old now.
I propose to remove the MHK files from the repo, stop patching model rotations etc., and let the main HRP maphack system (and the included nw_hrp maphacks for the current and upcoming HRP) do the work.
Same goes for Vaca Plus, btw.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 23 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Hendricks266,

when adapting a Nuclear Winter user map to NWPlus, is there anything else I need to look out for besides changing these tile numbers:

2000 -> tile3900 (santa)
2002 -> tile2000 pigcop
2003 -> tile2001 pigcopstayput
2047 -> tile2045 pigcopdive

So far it seems to play OK.

• Weaponized Autism

You can use nwfix.m32 to make all changes that you need. Be sure to read its instructions carefully.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 22 March 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

You can use nwfix.m32 to make all changes that you need. Be sure to read its instructions carefully.
Thanks, will try. (Shouldn't have deleted the 'unnecessary' files last time I installed NWPlus. :) )

Happy holidays everybody! :thumbsup:

And keep up all the good work!

Well, I've just finished my annual Xmas Eve play-through of Nuclear Winter, and so the time has come for me to deliver my annual seasons greetings on this forum :D

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Frohe Weihnachten, Got Jul, and in any language. Have a kick ass day! :lol:

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm just downloading this stuff and figuring it out.

I have the Megaton edition with all the official add-ons.

I downloaded the latest eDuke32. I put it in its own folder and copied over the instructed .grp files from the base game and add-ons to my eDuke32 folder. I can launch them as is and they work. I did a SVN download of the base HRP, put it in a zip file, threw it into the addons folder and the game detects it.

I loaded DukePlus, use the .bat file to launch for DukePlus and that works.

I did a SVN download of this, and now I'm a little unsure of how to proceed.

I now have bat files in:

D:\Duke3D\nw_plus\nw_plus

Should I launch them from there?

I took a look at the winter.bat file, and I see stuff such as:

if exist "%exedir%\HRP\" set args=%args% -j HRP
if exist "%exedir%\polymer_hrp\" set args=%args% -j polymer_hrp

The SVN that downloaded into the HRP folder was polymer_hrp, but it went into the HRP folder, not HRP. And the HRP didn't launch with the game unless I put it in the addons folder. Am I supposed to launch eduke32 with -j HRP instead of using the addons folder?

What should my folder structure look like, and how should I install XXX pack, DukePlus, NW+ together? I'm assuming I can extrapolate from that how to do Vaca+ as well.

Thanks!

• Weaponized Autism

The best solution is to not use the HRP, Duke Plus, or NW+. All three have not worked together for some time, and I have zero interest in touching any kind of Duke Plus support again. At some point I will merge the HRP aspects of NW+ into the mainline HRP, and then you will be able to use it with the addons without any problems.

View PostHendricks266, on 11 January 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

The best solution is to not use the HRP, Duke Plus, or NW+. All three have not worked together for some time, and I have zero interest in touching any kind of Duke Plus support again. At some point I will merge the HRP aspects of NW+ into the mainline HRP, and then you will be able to use it with the addons without any problems.

I'm primarily just interested in the HRP for NW. Running the bat file from the sub-directory worked (even if I thought it needed to be run where the executable was).

This post has been edited by enderandrew: 11 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

I don't know what this is related to, but when I try to run it with just the grp (without the NWPlus files et cetera) selected in the eDuke3D startup, for some reason you cannot answer the phone in Deja Vu and the babes seem to be missing from the hot tub upstairs in the adult video store.
A similar thing is happening in Duke Caribbean where the blonde babe is missing from the hot tub at the end of the level.

I just updated my eduke32 and it hasn't fixed it. Was it a haphack fix or something? Also, I don't like the way it delays when you start a level. It doesn't seem to affect the game itself, but it doesn't sound healthy at all.

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 30 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postdarkprince227, on 30 April 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

eDuke3D

EDuke32.

for some reason you cannot answer the phone in Deja Vu

This is a feature I added exclusively in NW+.

the babes seem to be missing from the hot tub upstairs in the adult video store.
A similar thing is happening in Duke Caribbean where the blonde babe is missing from the hot tub at the end of the level.

This is a bug, but I'm not sure if it is present in the original game or not. I will have to test in DOSBox.

Also, I don't like the way it delays when you start a level. It doesn't seem to affect the game itself, but it doesn't sound healthy at all.

Agreed. Currently gameplay and music stalls while highres content is loaded.

View PostHendricks266, on 30 April 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

This is a feature I added exclusively in NW+.

Ah, that explains it. Reminds me of the train station phone in Blood's second level :(

View PostHendricks266, on 30 April 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

This is a bug, but I'm not sure if it is present in the original game or not. I will have to test in DOSBox.

I think it could be, actually and you corrected it in the maphacks. The reason I'm seeing it that way could be because I'm just using the grp files in the EDuke32 launcher to play right now. No offence to you lads, but I don't use the HRP that much and when I do, it's usually too much for my primitive computer to handle.

ACTUALLY forget what I posted above. Like I said, it's an error in the original game that you corrected with the maphacks :(

And as far as me using the HRP goes, I can't stop using it completely, it's not the best on my computer but it still looks awesome and adds a lovely splash of colour in lots of places.

Though speaking of maphacks & patches, I'll keep scouting different places like I always do when I'm going through a Duke phase (I go through phases where I focus on different games for a certain amount of time, I'm that kind of guy) but whatever happens,
hail to the king, always :(

Merry Christmas 2017 Duke Nukem Universe! ;)

I was just doing my annual Xmas Eve run through and I've been meaning to ask for some time. In the level 'Land of Forgotten Toys' is the Mario music supposed to also play in the area beyond the 3 locked doors?

Also, does anybody else find it hard not to sing along to the music if they know the lyrics? :D

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Frohe Weihnachten and in any language, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• Weaponized Autism

I'm glad people are still enjoying NW+ in 2017. The Mario Kart music is only supposed to play in the Mario Kart room. Maybe I messed up the trigger for it? I also made it play D_E1M1 when you're in the Doom part of the map, does that work correctly?

View PostHendricks266, on 24 December 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

I'm glad people are still enjoying NW+ in 2017.

Well, I certainly do :D Plus, when I get my new computer soon, I can do it with all the graphics without it lagging all the time. The HRP definitely adds a welcome splash of color, some updated models would be nice too but I digress.

View PostHendricks266, on 24 December 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

The Mario Kart music is only supposed to play in the Mario Kart room. Maybe I messed up the trigger for it? I also made it play D_E1M1 when you're in the Doom part of the map, does that work correctly?

Uh, yes, the Doom music plays as it should, I've never heard it anywhere else.

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 26 December 2017 - 02:14 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I was going to make some more models for NW but then DUH, I realized its a commercial game and I don't own it so I gave up that idea. :D

View PostMark., on 26 December 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

I was going to make some more models for NW but then DUH, I realized its a commercial game and I don't own it so I gave up that idea. ;)

Nobody here owns the games, but they still made HRP models, or is that not what you mean? I'm kinda confused here :D

HRP models for the normal game already exist, they just need a Santa hat/ antlers added, but the snowmen/elves would need completely new models.

If you are interested, I've did this recently. They are not models but compensate the shortcomings of the original a little.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__292267

https://forums.duke4...post__p__292309

Maybe Hendricks can incorporate them as a legitimate part of NW+, who knows :D

Someone want to even start a quick project to turn all the unedited sprites into Christmas stuff?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 27 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

• Weaponized Autism

The Battlelord is perfect, if you carve the spritesheet up into sprites I'll see about adding it. Same for the Christmas pudding slimer, it makes me laugh in a good way. The earmuff Octabrain needs some work: The muffs need shading so we can see the shape in 3D instead of a textured gray circle, and the metal piece connecting the two muffs needs to be thicker so we can see it.

I also like the Duke sprites that match the cover art. BTW, would you be interested in completing the Santa spritesheet? It's missing swimming and overhead frames.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options