Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Conference Center - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Conference Center  "New Release"

User is offline   Paul B 

From the Author: One Man Army comes this new map.

Story: Aliens have taken over the conference center and it's up to Duke to take it back.

Be sure to check it out at: http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9603

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot-1.jpg
  • Attached Image: Screenshot-2.jpg
  • Attached Image: Screenshot-3.jpg

This post has been edited by Paul B: 17 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Average map set in a maze-like office.
There was some elements of shading/lighting in the map, but the majority of the map don't have it so most rooms looks more blockey than than they should.
Ammo balance is OK, but there's also lots of unfair enemy spawns - the last one is especially BS, which almost killed me if I had low health. It's also a shame that the author didn't use the flickering lights when you shoot the lights - it would be nice touch.

However, the gameplay in general and the map's layout is good - it's 5 minutes of fun. One of the few maps where night vision is really necessary. And if it's author's first public map, it can be considered a good release. :D

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostSanek, on 17 December 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Average map set in a maze-like office.
There was some elements of shading/lighting in the map, but the majority of the map don't have it so most rooms looks more blockey than than they should.
Ammo balance is OK, but there's also lots of unfair enemy spawns - the last one is especially BS, which almost killed me if I had low health. It's also a shame that the author didn't use the flickering lights when you shoot the lights - it would be nice touch.

However, the gameplay in general and the map's layout is good - it's 5 minutes of fun. One of the few maps where night vision is really necessary. And if it's author's first public map, it can be considered a good release. :D

Couldn't agree with you more Sanek. It looked like the map was built fast and some areas were copied and pasted a few times. It was a simple concept with nice shading and he had some good texture choices. I like how he implemented the teleporter, and designed the connecting hallways. The map looks like it would play well for online multi-player had he took the time to include the spawns. Anyway, it was nice to have a quickie.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 17 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

I'm glad you like my first map, it was made to be a simple map... Now I'm working on my next map and it's going to be more complex, I'm going to implement light switches, and all the rooms are going have different heights and sizes and more variety of textures. And other special features, echo effect and security camera etc...

User is offline   Merlijn 

The symmetrical design reminded me of wolfendoom. I wonder if that was the intention?

I agree with everything Sanek said. For a quickly made map, it's solid enough. But it's good to hear that you'll try to add more complexity next time.
This map would work pretty well as a DM-map btw.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options