Duke4.net Forums: Trequonia mod [RELEASED] - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The green key is well hidden on top of those crates in the room shown in the screen that shows Storage no7

User is offline   Zaxtor 

No9 is to get yellow key

User is offline   BestViking 

If there is a mod needing objective markers, this is the one. I have no idea if it's possible through CONs or not. Maybe in the future, new commands can be coded into Eduke to allow that kind of scripting in the cons.

Maybe such markers wouldn't be needed for every occasion, but most certainly for keys. Particularly that one ship key that lies flat down and is very difficult to see.

View PostBestViking, on 16 November 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

If there is a mod needing objective markers, this is the one. I have no idea if it's possible through CONs or not. Maybe in the future, new commands can be coded into Eduke to allow that kind of scripting in the cons.

Maybe such markers wouldn't be needed for every occasion, but most certainly for keys. Particularly that one ship key that lies flat down and is very difficult to see.

Objective markers would be a bit extreme IMO. However what I believe would be nice to do is rendering keys, such as the ship key you mention, automatically picked-up. Apart from the elevator key of the 1st level everything else has to be picked-up with "use". Would almost make uneasy players play with the "use" button held down from A to Z >_>

Personally I rarely ever needed that but I agree that some keys are problematic because of being flat on the ground instead of standing up thanks to the magical gravity of 2D video game objects

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I put something for hard to find "floor flat keys" to make it a little easier.
Not all keys has that, only one that are hard to be seen or hard to find.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 16 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hop hop hop !
It's feedback time !!

Steel Mill :
--------------

Now that's a level that I like ^^. I like the red color and it's more appealing to my eyes than aggressive white from the previous level (and secret). All bathed by a superb and fitting music ^^ Although it tends to become a bit repetitive with time ... too much love kills love. Starting with an already tricky room with those strong troopers but nothing too hard. Just make sure the final trooper is killed directly or blown up because having it choke and die gets you stuck. First big and nice room with already 5 Battlelords O_o The Cyan Gem does an okay job here, surely I needed some ten shots but it made short work of them. I believe I would have required more if I had the Pink Gem. It's a miracle that it didn't cause that huge explosion all around the room too >_>. Pipebombs also make a nice work here. Now that door which wants not to move while assaulted by dozens of enemies, it's okay I guess. The Orb Of Shield would have REALLY been handy there but it just won't work dammit >_<. First of a BIG series of LONG corridors with MANY Grey Enforcers, that's my only big complaint of this level, too many too long corridors with too many long ranged strong Enforcers, namely Grey. Also since that level is all red we can't differentiate enemy variants from others, it's an interesting challenge but some people would have something against it I bet :/ Weird shooting wall, minor nuisance. More corridors. Big rooms with weird machines and an oven. Huge relatively empty room with Battlelords again. On top of the first room with easy to avoid traps and the possibility to take that very tauntly placed devastator. Corridor with push walls, quite hard this one, unless you use the Bridge Maker but I keep it for later. BOSS, already ? Weird defense system, it boasts powerful attacks, especially that white sphere which is hardest to avoid. But it doesn't have a lot of health and it teleports every time you inflict certain damage so if you get good timing with the Devastator you can cheese this fight alright. Huge explosion at the end practically impossible to avoid but at least we get atomic health + an Enforcer which gives one too so it's alright I guess. Mention of the room in between with a nice Hi-Res picture in the background, its incrustation is slightly faulty (namely the upper part) but it remains quite nice to look at IMO. Now spin the wheel of electricity avoidance ! Nicely done and easy to navigate if you got timing. Only thing I don't like is those high voltage wires which harm you even though you're not touching them. Now rooms with spinning columns you must go with on precarious platforms. Original without a doubt, challenging too. A bit abusive to place a shooting wall at the end of this section because it's almost mandatory damage there. Long (white ?) corridor with a nice view on the future boss's arena. Precarious platforms, keycard shortcuts, moving on. Big room, thank you Bridge Maker for allowing me to retrieve the UEPB. First door, long going down corridor, checking out a set of rooms with no apparent purpose and finding a HUGE puzzle for the Bridge Maker only. Kinda hard especially for avoiding the high voltage wires but it remains very feasible in the end. Now a VERY dangerous ascent cramped up between killing walls. Way harder but still feasible. The end ? Sneaky Bridge Making and we find the Red Gem instead. Too soon :D I would have liked to play with the Cyan one a bit more, but the Red one is just too powerful to be missed DEFINITELY !. Let's one shot a Battlelord and a Grey Enforcer before being shortcut back to where we were supposed to go, tossed between strong Enforcer of hardcoreness. Need 2 keys, let's go in the blue barriers from AMC filled corridor. On top of room that had no apparent purpose (and a spinning thing that goes WEEEEEEE) Crossing onto the other side with no problem thanks to Bridge Making Frenzy. Corridors, Big room with many pigs, easy thanks to Devastator Altering Gem, key, backtracking up to the previous point and let's take the other path. Very precarious platforming and we're already done. Catching a glimpse of the exit and of the boss's arena again. Gladly we're told where the slayer is. Going right, Kind of a hard part with all those presses and difficult enemies. Very precarious platforming with daunting push walls. Very reluctant door with enemies that keep spawning for too long IMO, very nice room with slayer pack and Backtrack. Other paths, more precarious platforming between presses and strong Enforcers, quite a noisy part this one. Key backtrack. Last path, HUGE corridor with a huge machine with pink beam ... Reminds me of the "Wall of Death" in Gex 3 but different, it's the same mechanic. "the dragon has awoken" ... so what ? Anyway moving on. More platforming, those electric platforms from two levels ago are back. The most resistant Battlelord EVER (3 or 4 Red Gem shots !!) Unlocking the Exit and backtracking to BOSS. Quite a nice looking boss. The first half is kinda easy since you only need to keep moving in order not to get hit, especially by those white spheres with big splash damage. I didn't like the part when it goes up and down, it's really hard to hit its forehead since the projectiles tend to curve when reaching it. It's a really good thing that we're given an ammo refilling station otherwise it would have been unbearable. Also nice that we were told about the Slayer too because it is indeed super tough even with the powerful Red Gem. Second part is harder especially because of the flame-throwing attack and the fact that hitting him in that phase makes up for some SEVERE lagg, with some special timing I can avoid damage from the big "roll-forward" after the lagg but not always. Music goes quite fine with it, a bit too short of a loop but still okay. The END.

Conclusion : Well among the "Section" levels this one is clearly my favorite ! I like all the redness, the music, the progression, all the kind of rooms we go in, except for corridors, and it boasts some more creative/original traps. And pretty much everything feels coherent for a steel mill. The only complaints I have about the level are the corridors that are super long and filled with powerful enemies that are tedious to fight. I suppose I should have used the Slot 7 gun but I wanted to keep it for later, and the RPG I needed to save ammo for later as well, and I didn't have the Devastator and UEPB yet. Apart from that I like pretty much everything about this level ! There's just nothing more to say really. Ah yes the Cyan Gem I did use it a bunch in that level. Well it feels kinda meh because in raw damage it seems to be in-between Pink and Red which is already good, but the small unleash of explosive balls tends to be lackluster, even in cramped up spaces it felt like it didn't do much and they take some time to explode. I still liked using it because it still felt like a sensible upgrade and finding the Red Gem so quickly gave me the tears but honestly I don't think I'd have liked having it (Cyan) during the boss fight due to how tough it is. Even the sound it does when the projectile hits is shy in comparison to the others >_> I'd say we find this Cyan Gem either too late or too close to the Red Gem ... I'd have preferred finding it in one or two level(s) earlier.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thanks for your reviews.

Also next level is kinda Steelmill part 2.
It does the crossover the previous level.

View PostZaxtor, on 18 November 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Thanks for your reviews.

Also next level is kinda Steelmill part 2.
It does the crossover the previous level.

Indeed, although I would have liked if you didn't because the corridors are even more tedious to go through in the next level ^^

HI !
Feedback !
GO !

Machines :
----------------

Now we're in for another one of the longest levels ever ... Starting off right ahead, very big and nice room we can't do anything yet .. Side door, Zombie Troopers I still don't understand and corridors (usual). And another one of those elusive fast Enforcers. First really important corridor, right away I'm heading to the big black room with Pigcops and lots of platforming (and that nice elevator trick) in order to clear the way for something. Especially because enemies are tough here, namely those White Trooper. After "meanwhilely" unlocking T door (not "Tea door") I see that nice room with computers with some more nicely inserted internet references and a few Wiki pages, one of which I'm pretty sure is made up though. And that sidequest of the Hydrazine, took a while to figure out what to do namely because the trash chute is misleading, I thought throwing it down the chute had its use. And it's really too bad that we can only pic one vial and not the other ones, it's like you have only ONE chance. Anyway now after some precarious platforming, made easy by cleaning the nuisance, we acquire the add-on for the Chaingun, Hell Yes ! VERY satisfying to use but only for bosses personally.There seems to be a lot of things to do in that room with fine platforming but in the end apart from 2 secrets of sorts there's nothing here, unless I'm missing something ... T door (not "Tee door") and some nice platforming over super electric floor, relatively easy to manage but just as easy to mess up. Very long corridor nothing much yet with it, and a timed platforming door ... funny fact is that, for once, it is advised to voluntarily fail ^^ Because here's the precious SG add-on ! It becomes hard on the ears but it makes some enemies a cakewalk. Removing the safety of a corridor we didn't see yet because impassable and meanwhile let's see P door (not "Pee door" (what's happening to me ?)). Very nice machine for the scenic touch. Platforming, not too hard but super easy to miss. More platforming more difficult because of not being used to the Steroïd effect, it's nice that we're given infinite supply of it because the Bridge Maker wouldn't have been happy here. So it all brang me back to where I was supposed to go, a shortcut or something ? Anyway some platforming like in Steel Mill. Some more and so we find 3 passwords for that special numpad to unlock a red door but ... only one password works O_o Is it intended ? What's the purpose of the other 2 ? Anyway backtracking.Platforming and one of the things I don't like about the level : those LOOOONG corridors from Steel Mill are back and despite being less tedious it doesn't feel appropriate. I don't know it makes me feel like I'm not going anywhere. Anyway it still has its use. Bridge Maker secret FTW ! Quite hard with those blue things from AMC and using the BM at the same time o_O. Well deserved PipeBomb Add-on, dangerous but super useful because they started to be very underpowered at this stage of the game, and a new HP Orb for good measure. Back onto those corridors from Steel Mill with increasing difficulty and tediousness, especially with strong enemies and those weird flying "Organic Turrets" I believe they're called. BOSS, time to put the Chaingun Add-on to good use. I kinda like that boss, it's creative in its not-so-creative look. I also like the music. Its ways of attacking are manageable despite our small platform. The hardest part of it is actually the aiming and being able to destroy it on time. The platform moves so fast it's hard to aim, personally I use F7 view it makes the situation easier to read especially with the white fire spheres among other things. The Red Gem is also super useful along with the Chaingun Add-on and 99+99+99+my already 99 Devastator. I believe I got the master combo against that boss. So if you manage to defeat it before the end of the sequence you'll get a sudden fade to black and "a certain amount of time has passed", kinda weird ... At least it makes you fast-forward a bit and obtain the Pistol Add-on, a fair reward I'd say, and that's it we got ALL the add-ons, Achievement Unlocked "Added All On". Back into the Steel Mill corridor they're starting to irritate me for how LONG they are, when you think you've reached the end it just keeps on going. Anyway we finally reach the red room with a door that was shut in the previous level and we dwell into seemingly lava sewer looking areas. Then more corridors, ARGH !!. Blue Keycard AT LAST !!. Enemy guidance thank you because at this point I totally forgot where it was :/ Finally get to see the neat elevator from the huge dark room of the beginning in action. It does weird noises and seems like it moves with fast lag but it remains neat nevertheless, especially since it moves diagonally. Beeping platforms, be careful not to fall asleep ... and to make things worse it's a SUPER TALL ROOM O_O !! After eleventy thousand minutes more corridors, this time filled with Shadow Enforcers and elusive Zombie Troopers and Fast Enforcers ... a small backtrack to the tall room for a sneaky trickie to get 2 atomicky healties. Hardcore switch code ... At least we have a clue but it's SUPER EASY to miss. More corridors ending with quite the challenging Enforcer platoon and a room with 2 switches to unlock things. Not too sure where I'm supposed to go now but we'll find it anyway. Long way down, managed to clip through the platforms thanks to a small take damage drop so it all went quick. Finally we unlock the HUGE double door we had seen at the beginning, and thankfully a teleporter brings you back to conquered territory. We destroy that huge (not-really)-boss sphere and thank you enemy guidance for showing the way again. Reaching one of the doors we had unlocked and poor texting device dies out (RIP). Suspicious corridor. Falling into the waste disposal. Another neat little puzzle with the Hydrazine, which thankfully doesn't glitch out and blows up on me (I believe a potential cause of this bug is the fact we should check out the target door BEFORE attempting to take the vial). Not forgetting the slayer, very important. BOSS. Grey Trooper, ULTRA EASY thanks to the SG add-on or the Red Gem. Now back to the beginning to dwell into the blue toxic gas with an animation of the mask which obviously reminds me of AMC's own gasmask sections ^^ Platforming, corridors ... classic stuff. More corridors. Red timed door, 50 seconds is kinda tight of a timing ! Must be me but I have a feeling it stays open for slightly longer than that ... unlocking, backtracking, BOSS. First part is challenging because of timing, cheap surprising explosions that can ruin you and a switch code while things drop off from above (fortunate hint though). All with a music I heard in Oblivion when you defend a sort of bunker against a big base in the distance. Now the real Machine. Good design, good mechanic with the side panel you need to destroy in order to reveal the core (a bit like the sphere and ceiling thing from Lv5). Chaingun+Add-on+Slayer = Midlife already ! I LOVE IT !. The battleground is quite wide which is nice, especially to avoid the orange sphere that's quite damaging. Apart from that and the rockets from the side panel it's quite straightforward. Only the core's small size is a hindrance because after the first opening at the very beginning you're exposed to the orange sphere and can no longer stay close in front of it. Final platforming and unlock. The END.

Conclusion : Damn what a long level. Surely I always prefer Steel Mill but this level was good. Gigantic but at least it's more markable than for instance "Military HQs". All run by a very good and fitting music once again. What I like the most is the creativity again on the layout and some sequences, and the bosses were once again creative, and not too difficult this time oddly enough (must be thanks to the add-ons). Speaking of which 4 add-ons in one level WOW O_o A bit too much I'd say, it feels like they've all been dumped in here ... Anyway the only complain that I have is, too many too long corridors which look alike way too much ! Really, too much corridors that look alike and it makes for a part of the level that feels endless. And the part from Steel Mill almost feels like an intruder in all that (at least it allows to find the PipeBomb add-on). And I remember that the first time I played I ended up being a bit lost and those corridors really contributed to my demise back then, we don't need to backtrack through them but when you're lost and have this terrible idea you clearly understand your suffering ! Apart from that I still enjoyed that level. And the add-ons really start doing marvels in that level when you get them which contributed to my overall enjoyment. Now we set sail for THAT level, that broken level with a stinking yellow door who tells me to "go see elsewhere" (to remain polite) all the time >_< Woe is me T_T Not as much as in the last Secret level but still ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thanks for your review

Trash chute is incase someone doesn't know what to do with it, and he/she can safely dispose it without being stuck carrying it.

Those organics they whip hard.
When they attack their attacks hits only when the tail hits. (2 frames or so does the damage)
if it starts to attack and you move far it "misses you"

Next level will have less long corridors but lots and lots of doors
Next level is another personal favorite of mine.
Only long corridor is the down way to the core

View PostZaxtor, on 24 November 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Thanks for your review

Trash chute is incase someone doesn't know what to do with it, and he/she can safely dispose it without being stuck carrying it.

Those organics they whip hard.
When they attack their attacks hits only when the tail hits. (2 frames or so does the damage)
if it starts to attack and you move far it "misses you"

Next level will have less long corridors but lots and lots of doors
Next level is another personal favorite of mine.
Only long corridor is the down way to the core

Organics hit hard indeed, easily taken care of though.
ESPECIALLY with the enhanced pipebombs, you can clear a whole wave of them, even that Steel Mill room where we get to the "Lava Sewer' filled with them and pigcops can be entirely one/two shot with those ^^
They also stay still for a second if they miss you. They're easy to deam with but all those corridors filled with them makes the thing tedious :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

ic, So you might play the core sometime later today or another day?

View PostZaxtor, on 24 November 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

ic, So you might play the core sometime later today or another day?

I have already played it; I want to keep an advance of a few levels to ensure I can post the feedback regularly.

To tell you the truth I think I'm going to step up the pace a bit because I have reached the second Akrozis level, I believe there's only 2 levels left so I think I can start posting more often >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

the 2nd part of Akrozis
So you have last boss and then after retreat level then finished

View PostZaxtor, on 24 November 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

the 2nd part of Akrozis
So you have last boss and then after retreat level then finished

Just as I thought. I feared there was to be another level I'd have forgotten >_>

Actually "Face To Face" feedback will be based on 1,5th play since I fought it only once and it glitched ... and "Akrozis Retreat" I barely saw a glimpse of it when I browsed through levels seeking clues for the secret levels >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Face glitch is fixed for V2 along side other issues etc.

View PostZaxtor, on 24 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Face glitch is fixed for V2 along side other issues etc.

Yeah I remember you mentioned a "fail-safe" mechanism. I have just made some progress in Akrozis Core and before quitting I ran small test against Face To Face just to remember and already think of things to say for the feedback.

It's a shame that the Orb of Invincibility is broken because when the brain is chasing you you can let it com against you and it'll just keep hurting itself with it's semi-infinite rocket attack, but I suppose those weird yellow sphere hurt despite the invulnerability ?
In any case I have already thought of a way to try and avoid the glitch : first I'll keep a separate save (overwriting my "Out of This Dimension" back-up) before the boss and using my current save to save in-boss and save ONLY when the sphere with symbols appears and BEFORE shooting it.

With this technique I'm pretty sure we can work the probabilities of the boss's game-breaking failure in a more advantageous way (aka less probable). At least if the occurrence of said failure is determined upon shooting the sphere or in-between its apparitions >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Brain touching you is considered melee so it can still hit you.
Rocket/RPG wont hurt you.

Also fixes are done so majorities of projectile including the fire snake wont hurt you.

yellow expanding sphere wont hurt anymore in the fix when inv.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 24 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

FEEDBACK TIME !!

I have beaten the game for real so exceptionally I'm going to step up the submissions, let's go !

The Core :
---------------

Oh this level ... So right away we arrive in that HUGE room with tons of doors, half of which are just here for looks. Firs openable door, the first thing that catches my sight is "Armory", always happy to see those ! Small Tripmine just in case and we pay a visit to it. Nice RPG-7 rockets even though it sounds not technologically advanced enough but who cares. Nice way to refill all the Chaingun ammo I threw on the previous boss, and then a small UEPB shot to clear the main room. BTW 2 Grey Enforcer, quite the nasty surprise. Moving on, rooms rooms rooms ... better keep track of those (I believe it's HighTreason who said that). BridgeMaker Secret FTW in that room with purple death floor. There's a small golden glass plate in that secret, can't tell what it's for though O_o. Also back into the first corridor, checking out the boss room just in case and there's a lonely Enforcer you got no idea what it's doing here, and back to where we were. New corridor, more rooms. First switch out of two for a new path. Moving on. Next blue door, Rogue Enforcer alert ! Nothing much though because the rest is locked and there's that HUGE room with switches that create "force bridges" but none of the doors open so I'll just pass. Next door : all locked. Next door : same here BUT Yellow Key we're finally getting somewhere ! All other doors at the bottom floor lead to temporary dead ends so let's just skip to the door where I can use that Keycard. Switch which supposedly turns of locks around Enforcers and SUPPOSEDLY unlocks a yellow door under the bridge upstairs BUT WOE IS ME since it's broken ! Before that let's check that HUGE room with the moving-up platforms, quite challenging this one. After some precarious jumping and spike avoidance we reach a puzzle room with switches, quite easy this one in comparison to the other ones and close Battlelord and switch 2 for the forcefield of earlier (hadn't mentioned sorry). Let's check it out. Just finding a switch that unlocks a door I can't access for the time being. STUCK so let's just dnclip through the door which is SUPPOSEDLY open. So we get to that room showed by a switch earlier and we find 2 weird switches. It's fortunate that the level relies heavily on enemy guidance because at this point if it weren't for them I'd be lost already ! Surely all corridors have elements to differentiate themselves from each other but still. Let's check out what I believe was door 9 and unlock a door somewhere, thank you enemy guidance again. Let's check it out right away since I can't see where door = is. Bottom floor, unlock another door upstairs, let's go there too. Weird purple room with weird red/grey Pigcops, quite tough, VERY happy to have Enhanced Pipebombs !. Unlocking a yellow door, going up and reaching it already but there's a switch which opens the door opposite O_o. Let's see the opposite just to check. Another room where I'm VERY happy to have Enhanced Pipebomb PLUS BridgeMaker and unfortunately forced to take a ride in the HUGE room with "Force Bridges". At least this time they lead us somewhere, Blue Battlelord and another go. Switch, nice teleportube for a shortcut. Hey that red door we unlocked earlier I forgot where it was, another teleportube. A room behind a forcefield at the top of the level and unlocking a red door at the end of a corridor ... I'm getting lost, I got a yellow door and a red one to check out T_T Let's go see the yellow one, at least I know where it is. Oh well this is where the red door was >_> Let's check the other yellow door though in the same corridor, with a first I believe of those moving platforms inside and outside walls. Always nice to see a new trick and not too complicated (still got the Bridge Maker in case). Careful jumping because of sloppy start and unlocking another easy to remember yellow door. I'm not liking this, I always got 2 places to check out at once X_X Fortunately enemy guidance makes it so that these can decently wait. Let's check the red door we came here for first. Precarious jumping with fading platforms just like in the secret for the PowerGlove's slayer in Military HQ IIRC. BridgeMaker quite useful to cheese this out a bit. Unlocking another red door argh ! Let's go there directly, the other yellow door can wait (Though I took the precaution to place a trip mine next to it just to ensure I don't forget about it >_>) Thank you enemy guidance again !. Copper Access Key and one of those elusive red-eyed Enforcer and a TALL room with those platforms against wall from before. Quite tricky this time ! I'll go check the yellow door first because I'm worried :s More worried since that door brings me back to the room for switches = and 9 O_o Let's forget and resume then :s. Rogue Enforcer be easy thanks to empty corridor, weird 4 wayed corridor. Nice room with those yellow pipes, One of the prettiest room of the level I'd say. Corridors, we get to finally cross that bridge above the HUGE room of the beginning and into a room we already saw before. I'm scared o_o I go back downstairs and I'm lost. I don't know what to do, so in those cases what I do is that I re-explore every door that isn't locked. (time passes) So I went back into the place where there was that yellow door that made me stumble into the Force Bridges room for the first time and instead I platformed my way up the room where there was the switch unlocking a yellow door and was VERY relieved to find a lonely Enforcer. Corridors and another room with precarious jumping for switches. Bridge Maker not necessary this time except for that taunting atomic health. Unlocking the door opposite from this room and 2 switches for a single yellow door ? I'm scared again :S Backtracking exactly like how I came in and again Enemy Guidance I thank thee ! Red door, easy to spot in the HUGE room from beginning. Platforming down grates and Switch Code with 5 switches and no clue T_T LUCK 2nd try ! W00t ! Another switch, another backtrack. At least with those backtracks to the room of the beginning I'm not complaining since this is the place I remember the most so I'm relieved everytime I see we must go there. Blue door right next, I don't remember that door being blue before though O_o. Yellow door, CQC Grey Enforcer I HATE THAT ! Yellow door I remember. Corridors, switch backtrack, another door inside a blue quite easy to spot door again. Although at this point enemy guidance doesn't help me much the intention still counts. Now that room with spheres that make a weird white liquid rain down on your face. Very challenging. Hard to focus on a Switch Code while having to move around like an illuminated moron >_> VERY thankfully we got a clue with a small twist, switch, backtrack, thankfully teleported back. Back to the room I considered to be one of the prettiest of the level and ... switch and backtrack to another easy to spot red door .... This is starting to become boring though now >_> So we go there and ... corridors, switch, backtracking to a blue door for a yellow one inside ... Finally an interesting room thanks to its more distinct look and those maps of the Philippines and galaxies you don't know why they're here in the first place O_o Another switch, another go. Back to the top this time.Secret teleportube ? Directly up to the place, NICE ! Another switch ... not nice. Back to the very beginning, red door and ... switch T_T Going to the place and BOSS. At last something to break boredom ! So it's a weird Tezeract looking device that makes deafeningly high pitched sound upon showing up O_o Very easy, I didn't get hit there ... It's a very strange boss, and the fact the music doesn't change adds to the weirdness if you ask me, and on top of that it disappears as oddly as it appeared. I would say I liked it but it still feels strange >_> Switch, backtrack to the bottom, another switch. A weird purple room just next AND FINALLY we get to see what's behind that mysterious white door with blue lights around it at the bottom. A BIG staircase, it's a very good thing we can shoot through the grate, and the enhanced pistol works quite nice there too, it's more powerful than I remembered. At the bottom, a nice light grey room with weird humming noises, another of the prettiest rooms IMO, especially with the weird machinery behind with the blue walls. Tricky corridor with drones. Sneaky Battlelord and a brand new shade of corridor. It changes quite drastically from the purple ones with that dark green, at least the overall lighting remains coherent with the whole. NEW MUSIC ! Hell yes, and I like it too ! Not only does it feel like we're FINALLY getting somewhere (like close to the end ?) but I'm finally temporarily rid of that first music that I don't really like (conclusion for why). Very treacherous room with switches and platforming. One of the switches is actually super well hidden, thanks to a nice visual trick. With the Bridge Maker I COULD go to the upper floor of this room but I won't risk messing up my orientation. Hacking ! Been such a long time ! Relatively easy, though those weird brown blocks are super dangerous, they don't one-shot but it's just as if. Door X-X relaxingly unlocked and we enter an interesting looking set of storerooms. Nicely modelised missile and we find the all valuable Timed-Bomb (if that's what the Wolverine in Lv2 mentioned then it's REALLY far fetched). Seeing door 7X something we unlocked earlier. Going up to where I didn't want to earlier and now I understand what's making that loud teleporting sound. Sort of microwaving walls while we must platform with a moving-against-the-wall block. Tricky !. Unlocking a yellow door of just before. Now this is kind of a stressful moment because of crawling in increasingly challenging vents and orientation becomes hardly usable there but it still remains manageable in the end. Switch, backtrack to the beginning of this section. A nice generator room with a taunting Atomic Health and a switch usage unknown. Other room with a White Enforcer and another switch usage Known. Pressing a switch in the corridor that had a forcefield before. "Unlocked" but I'd like to know what, thank you enemy guidance again ! Corridors. VERY serious looking teleporter O_o Going down down down ... VERY long corridor and increasingly huge O_O Imposing door, a password that is more simple than I would have ever thought, it's really the last thing you'd think of. Imposing generator, a bit laggy because of it. More serious looking corridors up to BOSS. A big weird alien plant ? In a place with no dirt, sun and mineral ? Now compared to the weird cube that's WAY more challenging. Its attacks are varied and I can hardly tell about all but the most notable one is that weird sticky blue substance it lays on the ground at places, you're so stuck it becomes practically impossible to dodge anything. It's a good thing the room is wide and there are generous supplies of Radical Particle gun and Devastator, the Red Gem comes in REALLY handy there too. END AT LAST.

Conclusion : Pfiou ! what a level that was. Sorry but one of my least favorite levels now. Because of the music at first, I believe it was already present in Oblivion too. And what I dislike the most is the fact that for 70 minutes and counting we just keep going from room to room with a lot of backtracking in order to press switches and go elsewhere ! It's a VERY good thing that there's enemy guidance because very few rooms are landmarking to me and if it weren't for the enemies I would be lost almost all the time. And the fact we often have 2 places accessible at once doesn't help too. Apart from that the level feels original by being centered on that room with stairs and the purple aesthetics of the corridors. And the ending sections are also very nice, especially the final sets of corridors before and after the plant boss. Also despite how long this is lasting there are still some new elements both in reality and in Hacking phase. I guess I may not like the level also because of that broken door we can't understand why it won't open for me but still it's the progression that remains way too much of the same that really starts getting on my nerves at some point. And it all becomes better when we reach the deepest parts, not only because it's almost the end but also because it's a breath of fresh air both on progression and music and everything. Only 2 bosses this time, the second one being more epic than the first one definitely. I can't say more because there's not much to say. It's not my least favorite level but it's among them.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 26 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thanks for your reviews.

I never had issues with that yellow door below the bridge

To open it
The switch inside the room with a big hole in the middle and bridge around it. Room after the room with the slope and the 6 platforms that sinks in the wall in and out.

Door locker Is a lock/unlock (activatorlocker)

core toward the end took forever to design

PS
I was a wrong lizard spawn that mislead to the door too early.
I moved it to the right place.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

Well that yellow door is really mysterious >_>
I really don't seem to miss anything T_T

BTW in the first BridgeMaker secret, what is that small golden plate against the wall ? (it's the secret room on the left in the very first corridor from the Fire Machine of hte previous level)
It feels like it's supposed to house something but there's nothing O_o (Maybe an add-on in-case we missed some ?)

As for the core room I believe I talk more of it in the next part, I bet it took forever to do, just the big fire ball at the center already looks like it took ages to do ^^

BTW from now on I think I'll submit 3 parts per week (if I don't forget). 1 mid-week, 1 on Fridays, 1 on Saturdays. I'm only missing a really conclusive conclusion right now ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 26 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   TheCultist 

This place in Incarcerated doesn't show a message that weapon 7B isn't working here: https://imgur.com/a/ALr2s (dunno if it's helpful, but that was after I got the RPG/Devastator Enchancing Chip, and I can no longer use wep 7b's bridge making (blue) ability apparently, at least since I got in this area, I haven't checked previously) (I noticed that the cyan gem also has a red line over it, it's disabled or something?) Also at the end of that place (at the door you can see in my screenshot), there's the Orb of Shield, how are you supposed to reach it?
Also one more thing I'm worried about, would you be able to cheat (or sequence break) by shooting the vent and going from this area (with the help of the Bridge Maker) (first picture) all the way up to this area (second picture)? Or is it intended to be done this way? https://imgur.com/a/6X2wN
Last but not least, how am I supposed to proceed in this level? I've already beaten the first boss (underwater snake), I've been nocliping around ever since around then, probably the reason why I ended up at the wrong sides of rooms/areas. However: (excerpt from TheDragonLiner's post)

[quote name='TheDragonLiner]Nice that we can shoot through the forcefields because some enemies are way easier than killed from above. Nice that I know about the crouch-jumping because first time I played the later part of this section became problematic for me. Some precarious switches and we're done here. Platforming' date=' switch, backtracking to super laggy room with weird white things[/quote']
I've been in that area and done all that before legitimately. I was stuck at this part:

[quote name='TheDragonLiner]Switches' date=' backtracking ... as this place I no longer understand what I'm doing. We're pretty much going back and forth until a switch that opens a red door from not far earlier.[/quote']

User is offline   Zaxtor 

BTW in the first BridgeMaker secret, what is that small golden plate against the wall ? (it's the secret room on the left in the very first corridor from the Fire Machine of hte previous level)
It feels like it's supposed to house something but there's nothing O_o (Maybe an add-on in-case we missed some ?)

Can you post a screenshot, I'm not 100% sure what you mean

User is offline   Zaxtor 

if you see a little X in the addon it means it doesn't work
X is still on in that room, ill take a look

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Personally I believe I had managed to get to the Orb of Shield with the Bridge Maker O_o
And for the vents on the ceiling that's also how I went there so I'm pretty sure it is intended, the Cyan Gem too.

BTW I hope you kept a save at the very begining of this level as I had told you before because if you didn't then you missed the last secret level ^^
At least you'll have gotten an add-on you would have missed.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I put some "Weap 7B enabler effector" in that room just incase despite I did not find disablers without enablers near it,.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hello hello !

So as I said I'll step up the feedback activity. Also exceptionally I will feedback on 2 "levels" at once because on of them isn't a "level" per say and therefore there was nothing much to say >_>

Retreat ! :
-------------

So we FINALLY reach the core, the real one ! It's a very nice looking room ! Probably the biggest room of the whole game if we ignore open air levels. And that ball of fire in the core looks very smooth and credible. 20/20. A small puzzle, way easier than we might think, in order to place the bomb. At first I was like "oh no I'm sure the screwdriver is on one of those precarious platforms and it's gonna be tedious climbing back up" but no in the end. Also I find it weird that there's a screwdriver alone in there O_o Also weird to specify that it's a Philips screwdriver ... It better not be a product placement pal ! I hate that practice !. And now begins the most challenging escape sequence ever. Surely the timing seems to be okay since I got out of the lower part with 1 minute left but the enemy placement is what makes this challenging. At least unlike in Oblivion you've got 1 very clear path to follow. And once again the Red Gem comes in VERY handy against strong enemies like Grey and White Enforcers and that pesky purple sphere which is VERY irritating there because of the circumstances ! BTW I should say that it feels nice hearing that escape music from Oblivion again as an ogg track. First section is okay, straight forward, reasonable enemies apart from that sphere. Then we get to strife through part of Steel Mill again. I HATE those blue walls !! Definitely the last thing I want to see in such a stressful sequence >_< And not mentioning the fact it hides a very tedious Grey Enforcer, that's clearly mean !. Apart from that and the cheap explosions it's okay of a section ending with a huge streak of cheap explosions again. It's nice to go back through some known places of Military HQs again too. But with a twist to new places as well. Although still too many cheap unavoidable explosions and too many Shadow Enforcers to hold you up or pursue you. But once you know everything it all becomes simpler but still impossible to pull off perfectly because too many strong enemies and cheap explosions. Finally reaching the surface of Trequonia and taking the ship out !

Conclusion : Well it still feels nice to have an escape sequence à-la Oblivion but done better, especially with the alarm and the 6 minute counter. I'd say it's well balanced on the part of timing because 3 minutes for the first part is tight but doable, and the 6 minutes for the second part feels okay in the end, I remember that on my very first successful try I had 50s left, this time I had a bit more than a minute. Because I voluntarily go fast and bash quickly into enemies with powerful weapons. But the Shadow Enforcers are problematic because only the Chaingun feels good, the rockets and explosives either go through them or barely feeble them because of how fast they get away from explosions. Complain are > Switch puzzle in the 3 minute part, Too many strong Enforcers, too many Shadow Enforcers, too many cheap explosion traps. Admiration > mixing both previously known locations with new locations arround them, coherent escape route IMO, not too long of a ride thanks to the teleporters, seeing doors from old levels that were useless but now useful because it gives them a legitimacy now and Music of course.

Trequonia's Destruction :
-----------------------------------

Not much to say since it's just a cinematic. First the use of a music that feels ripped from a movie is fitting. Then when the ship goes higher and higher we get to see A LOT of things in the distance, nice to recognize Big City and a portion of Control Base. However all the rest feels unknown to me (apart from the Surface portion of course) >_>. Also this is where being able to move the camera during cinematics is problematic because IF I make the SLIGHTEST movement, no matter up or down, this sequence will make my PC lagg SO HARD that it's pretty much freezing the game and I got to end task and do it again. Good thing I wittingly take the risk of saving while in a timed escape sequence ^_-. Now I'll say that the sequence kinda drags on for a bit long since all we see is a ship moving upward but it's still relaxing to look at after everything we went through. Also very weird near the end to have the ground flash white, must be a visual glitch of EDuke32's ... THE ENNN ... Nope, I don't think so ! Beamed out of the ship from out of nowhere. When you think you've been through everything, there's always something to keep you on the move >_>. At least next time we'll explore a full ship, a nice change from EVERYTHING we've been through ! And only 1 spaceship to explore is a relief compared to the ton of ships and space stations from Oblivion, I believe there were something like 10 of them ! And often using RoboCreep music :D. Anyway, next time : a level that's so big that ALONE it's almost worth ALL the Oblivion ship levels.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thanks for reviews.

The up and down looking during clip/cutscene from autoaiming (moving mouse) is fixed for V2.

Also when I played the core level and core part 2 (retreat) to hunt for bugs.

The retreat level I had around 1:30 left. I used the chain gun addon which kills those blue lizards in 1-2 seconds.
If time reaches closer to 0 it will shake harder, harder, harder until boom.

Also the mothership (last level) is much bigger than the ghost mothership of Oblivion.

Player is around 6.6 feet tall, I used the Aplayer sprite to measure the length of the ship.
I placed lots of players head to toe and made a horizontal line near the ship and ship would measure over 400 meters long, possibly longer than USS Voyagers of Star Trek VOY.

PS
GMS in mapster scale is 27820 pixels long

AKROZIS-C500 in mapster scale is 171520 pixels long

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 28 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hmm, I don't believe I used the Enhanced Chaingun in Retreat, since there's no boss enemies, I guess I should have >_> But even so, autoaiming doesn't work against Shadow Enforcers and since its accuracy is a bit lowered ... yet I remember I still had maxed out ammo so yeah you're right, I should have used it !
After a few plays my best "scores were roughly 1 minute remaining for lower part and almost 2 minutes for higer part (but that was on my first play after some reloadings and up to the Final Boss glitching up on me ...).

Yikes! I must have overestimated my memories of the Ghost Mothership O_o I guess I also kinda underestimated the Akrozis's too >_>

BTW may I ask you where that "Akrozis" name somes from ?
Is it made up or is it a reference to somehting ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I invented the name.
Came from my mind.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options