Duke4.net Forums: Trequonia mod [RELEASED] - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

View PostZaxtor, on 22 October 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

The shield orb if you refer as the one that makes a 1 sided shield.
One side you can shoot, other side blocks stuff.

It protect from mostly firelaser and other projectile.
RPG missile also get blocked but explosion radius can still hit you.

Shield take soo many shots before it disappears

Speaking of which, I have managed to do something with it. like you said I activated it while holding a weapon, then switched to the claw and attacked. It made a sort of flash similar to what the other orbs do. However I was still taking damage from bullets in front of me >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

if mobs shoots diagonally they can hit you cus the bullet get super close of the shield without touching it.

btw shield had some fixes such as the menu bug that wouldn't trigger until you turn off one weap selection.
Other if you switch back to claw it cancels the shield so you don't have to wait minutes for it to decay before you can reshield

View PostZaxtor, on 22 October 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

if mobs shoots diagonally they can hit you cus the bullet get super close of the shield without touching it.

btw shield had some fixes such as the menu bug that wouldn't trigger until you turn off one weap selection.
Other if you switch back to claw it cancels the shield so you don't have to wait minutes for it to decay before you can reshield

I see ...

I pretty much believe that my game is partly broken because apart from the Orbs of Shield and Invincibility I still got that yellow door in the Core which is broken >_>

Oh BTW ! Remember when I told you I had a glitch with the Hydrazine in the waste disposal that it blows up right when I pick it up ? Well I reached that place again and I suspect that this glitch might be caused if you don't go check the target door BEFORE you go fetch the vial. I don't remember having checked the door when I got that glitch. This time I was carefull and went to see the door first and nothing glitched out.

It's only a mere supposition though ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

yes game has some mechanical issues (core of the Eduke) when something shoot 2 flat sprites, sometime bullet can go (between the sprite even if they toucheachothers) and hit you and making it look like it goes through the sprite tunnel like Level 3.

which yellow door in the core?

which door you refer too.
One with the pit.

When you click the door it says "This door looks poorly designed.."
I clicked door before putting the explosive on it and works fine.
Didn't prematurely exploded.
Little foot tapping sound such as landing triggers it

View PostZaxtor, on 22 October 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

yes game has some mechanical issues (core of the Eduke) when something shoot 2 flat sprites, sometime bullet can go (between the sprite even if they toucheachothers) and hit you and making it look like it goes through the sprite tunnel like Level 3.

which yellow door in the core?

which door you refer too.
One with the pit.

When you click the door it says "This door looks poorly designed.."
I clicked door before putting the explosive on it and works fine.
Didn't prematurely exploded.
Little foot tapping sound such as landing triggers it

The Yellow door upstairs with a trooper in front of it, you said it's supposed to unlock but it never unlocks for me.

Yes it's the "poorly designed" door. It looked like if I don't check it out before taking the vial then it will blow up as soon as I pick it up, whereas this time I checked the door first and it worked alright. Almost as if checking the door was part of an intended script that becomes conflicted if you take the vial right off.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I checked door took vial no explosion.
I took vial then checked door without tape, no explosion
I took tape , checked door then took vial no explosion.
I took stuff, stick on door and threw a pipebomb boom.
Worked as suppose to.
Tested around 40min ago.

Which door , there are several yellow doors.
I can play the level lil later today and see.
doubt it would do that. I beat that level before creating V2

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 22 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

PS
When the vial exploded prematurely in the trash pit.
Did you take the first vial to the secret room where we blow up the door.
Or threw the vial into the trash chute?

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 22 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 22 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

PS
When the vial exploded prematurely in the trash pit.
Did you take the first vial to the secret room where we blow up the door.
Or threw the vial into the trash chute?

The first few times I played the level I always threw it in the trash chute, I hadn't done anything differently when I got the glitch.

For the Core it's this door : Attached Image: duke0005.png
Last time when I finally finished the level I clipped through that door and from there I could do everything. You had said it's supposed to open but it never does on my end >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Tested and door opened fine for me.
The switch for door 9
is in that room with a huge pit in the middle and path around the edge of the room.
Mine spawned a pigcop.

Spawns pigcop at first time and second time a liztroop.

View PostZaxtor, on 23 October 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

Tested and door opened fine for me.
The switch for door 9
is in that room with a huge pit in the middle and path around the edge of the room.
Mine spawned a pigcop.

Spawns pigcop at first time and second time a liztroop.

Well I know, we already discussed that the first few times but despite everything that door just never opens for me. That's why I consider that something is broken in my game. Not too much of a big deal since dnclipping through that door allows me to do all the rest legitimately.

Holla !!

Exceptionally I shall post a new part of my feedback mid-week like that, for reasons various >_>
This is the first level for which I used my new method. Basically I wrote the remaining feedback parts while playing the levels, this way I don't have to deal with memory trouble and I'm certain to not forget potentially important things. Downside is that it makes for longer and longer posts so I don't know what I'll do in the future, either post them in 2 parts or hidden in "Spoiler" flag (don't hesitate to tell me your preferences).

Secret Sector :
---------------------

So we start in a set of 3 rooms on top of each other, quite large and easy to navigate, even though they don't seem to serve any purpose. We get to discover that dark grey Enforcer with red eyes, it's not as intimidating as it looks but if we happen to get hit by his lasers there's a small paralysis that makes us take a beating VERY easily ! Then we go down a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEE staircase into the depths, better not miss a step I'm telling ya. More rooms and a very laggy bridge with our first secret (I didn't understand its use apart from providing a shortcut forward) and first doors. Good thing we can kill the Pigcop behind the forcefield in anticipation for later. First sets of corridors, and very far from being the only ones, easy peasy progression in overall so far. A room with a hole into a huge room I'll talk about later, better not get into it yet because I remember I got confused last time I played. Now a bunch of corridors (again) with those huge sphere things, I don't remember if I already talked about those in the previous level but damn they're so strong >_< At least we're given TONS and TONS and TONS of ammo to deal with them but dude ! Also I believe their colors indicate their resistance I believe but none of them feels any different, apart from the purple ones which IMO are the only """"bearable""" ones to deal with using the shotgun. More corridors, more rooms ....... To avoid too much repetition I'll just say that one of the tings I like with this level is the progression starting from this point (after the spheres) : since it's mostly lots of corridors and some relatively evident jumping sections, and not too hard for some, along with relatively stable enemies in terms of strength, well I can make progress without thinking, surely A LOT of these corridors look the same and we can hardly tell where we're going but I don't know I have that feeling that I can carry on worryless and switch my brain Off for a while. However where this is being bad is the fact that since everything tends to look alike we can hardly tell where we are and so even having a good sense of orientation may not help. Also saving a lot helps with these "teleportubes" à-la Mario which can sometimes throw you backward in the level. Now I'll mention that huge dark room with A LOT of platforming to do, we get here from many different locations and I kinda like the idea since it sometimes feels like it's a different room but in fact no. And the platforming is sometimes quite tight, and some other times fair but I notice that the tight parts are actually either dead ends or obscure ways around the normal path (ill advised). It requires a good sense of observation but in the end I like it ^^. Corridors ... BOSS. The only thing I dislike in that level is the boss, because I'm always taking a beating because of framerate issues, it makes me drop to 6 FPS X_X Apart from that it's an okay boss and quite well modelised even though the helmet masks it. I like the idea of seeing the boss more than once but with evolutions but I can't enjoy it because of FPS issues T_T Corridors ... Switch and first backtrack, very nice to put a clear sign saying there is a phony way because, even though it's fairly obvious that there's one, it never fails to awaken my reflex of saving before testing a way (with the "teleportubes") and just for that I approve ! Now we pass those blue barriers like in a previous level ... the first set is okay because we got margin to stop in between each however the second one is evil for how thight it is, personally I zig-zag may way for accurate moves it works well but it makes things long and tedious :/ Now we're told about the weakness of the boss by the mutual friend. With a small struggle of luck I managed to pick the correct path right away. Not too hard, just some platforming to do as usual and we find the Poison Shells (an idea for AMC maybe ?) and YES it's REALLY useful because you'll see. We backtrack to the room we were told about them, quite easy because I believe there's a shortcut (or I'm just lucky) and so another platforming section with moving platforms, easy peasy, now I understand what was being so noisy in the first sets of corridors. BOSS, nice room but less surface to stand on. So surely I'm at 18FPS now but I still don't enjoy that boss because of another problem it didn't have earlier > HIT DETECTION >_< I can shoot the same eye 10 times right on the money and deal 0 damage it's ridiculous ! Just because of that the fight takes ages !, and yet I cheesed the fight with the Devastator and Slot 7 gun, fortunately the boss goes away at some point but still WOW, JUST WOW. And yet the poison shells don't seem to make a big difference so I can't imagine the horror without them O_O Another switch, another backtrack, I almost got lost this time but somehow I managed to recognize where I was going. More platforming, more of the same rooting actually. Although the 2 jumping sections we go through are kinda tricky, the first one especially because the platforms are very tight and quite distant from each other. The second one is quite easy actually but the timing based switch can be problematic but I'm used to jumping now, and the platforms are easy to reach all around so it's okay. BOSS, this time it went kinda better, I was at 30FPS this time and using the UEPB, Devastator and Slot 7 really helped and for once I got lucky with the shotgun. It's a good thing I got better framerate there because the mechanic of the boss destroying your platforms is original but if you don't handle it you'll end up with a multiplier of 10 on the difficulty scale. Blue Keycard and finally we get to see what's behind the forcefield with a Pigcop from before. A 20FPS room with switches that are placed on super precarious places ! Corridors ... BOSS, damn we're making quite the chain here ... Same as before although this time it's for good ! The way it dies is quite nice as well with it being skully looking. Then guess what ? CORRIDORS, up to the Holly Grail: the Bridge Maker as I call it. And from now on it's just a VERY HEFTY backtrack everywhere to find secrets that can only be accessed with the help of the Bridge Maker. I found ALL of them this time, a happy guy is me ^^ Back to the beginning, kill the enemies that respawned from the previous level and HURRAY !.
Quick mention of the music, the same as in the Labirynth in Oblivion though in .ogg, I can't tell if I like it better or not but despite the loop being short it's still more bearable over time than the Ice secret level, and as for its fast pace since I tend to go fast myself in this level I suppose it's fitting.

Conclusion : I have a hard time knowing if I prefer this level over the other secret level ... I think I prefer this one because we can roam in it more easily and it's kinda harder to get lost. Besides the TabMap keeps its bit of usefulness compared to the other one having tons of "floors" overlapped. Also the reward for playing up to the end is MUCH more worth the trouble since it allows access to more secrets and can create easy shortcuts through tedious jumping puzzles. Just too bad it remains forcefully activated but I'll get used to it. The only complains I have against that level are the boss's ridiculous hit detection and some of the jumping puzzles (a limited selection of them). Another thing that made my journey happier was the fact I had managed to disable CPU troopers, they still startle me because they still appear but then I'm like "Oh yeah I disable them ...", what a needle out of the foot this is !. In the end I'd say the level is kinda meh because nothing much landmarks me apart from the boss and the huge dark room we go through from different angles, and the first few rooms too. I like the level for how smoothly I can roam around in it but I prefer the other one for its ambiance. Still positive though.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Nothing wrong with longer and longer posts, I like em.
btw
Thx for your reviews

Room has little lag cus lots of detail. voxel and size etc.
Those teleporttube are more based on the NES game Air Fortress.

There are 2 rooms exactly he same with the teleporttubes except little difference in the color mark on the metal wall.
One is blue and one is kinda violet-leaning blue.

Idea of poison shell is out of randomness.
Dragon has low poison resists.

Hello, Feedback, GO !

But before that, this post will be one of the longest so depending on the final size I'll see what I can do, only the Dimension secret level may be definitely problematic, we'll see ...

Army Headquarters :
----------------------------

First off, elevator ... 200 floors !? It's nice that it goes super fast even though I wouldn't want to ride it in real life ... So a first set of rooms, they're quite nice, especially the one on the left with the trapped invisible laser grids, even though I never like seeing tanks indoors. Nothing special then until that room with a puzzle with those power cells, quite easy to find, only the crate to push and jump from it with the low ceiling is a bit convulted but nothing hard in the end. Only potential problem is the fact that the "Iron Ball Distributor" that we enable with the cells tends to glitch, the third ball doesn't come out. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, BUT fortunately there is some sort of safety that makes the door open with 2 balls if it glitches out which is neat. Corridors ... now the real puzzle with the 6 switches. It's nice that we're told the first half of the puzzle but then as for finding out the way out of the room I complain because a lot of things can happen when we press randomly but there's just no clue as to how to get the room to self destruct ! And sometimes the custom messages glitch out and I happen to cancel the self destruction while I wasn't even told it was enabled >_< And there's also that 90bar pipe I managed to destroy after the room, I don't know if it serves any special purpose ... All in all it's a cleverly thought out puzzle but it's just the lack of clues for the second half (after having overheated the coil) that irritates me. Anyway corridors, and more CPU troopers that are disabled, I still can't believe how relieved I feel now ^^. Now it feels like there are many ways to go but in the end most of the path here (around the open yellow stairs in the room with floating platforms) are just dead ends. Although there's the secret to get the slayer for the Powerglove ! SUPER USEFUL. The puzzle with the breaking platforms is okay, although the first switch right behind on the right of the beginning is VERY easy to miss (first time I did) and if you happen to reach the end with a missing switch then you're kinda screwed unless you got Steroïds (I did first time) or the Bridge Maker (I didn't first time). Then it's easy, on a side note I remember that first time I found that secret (on my second playthrough) I found it by accident because I was blocked by the openable wall while running against it (similarly I found a secret like that in Trequonia's Surface). BOSS, a bit weird that one, that mask thing ... Pretty easy as long as you don't let it come close because it kisses very hard, and it dies just as weirdly as it appeared ... Neat effect the darkening room and how the boss is animated. Blue Keycard, red door; now those beeping blocks again, patience patience -__-Zzz. Personally I take the right set of platforms because then we reach the top of a room with a very quick red cube that goes in only one direction so I believe it's intended to go there first, but then again if you take it from the other set of platforms you'll end up reaching the other side of that room too so it's kinda weird O_o, at least there's no real phony way so it's okay I guess :/ Also there's that mini puzzle with the glass panel and a hole in it we can shoot through with the gas bottles and the iron ball ... that's original, fortunately we're given free infinite pistol ammo next to that room but you really have to be the most unlucky person in the world to need it that much o_o. BOSS, a bit harder since it has a lot of projectiles and a few rockets but fortunately the blue turrets on it are weak and subject to auto aiming, it doesn't have a billion hitpoints and I found a relatively safe spot if you go really close to the edge of the platform in front of it and very slightly to the left you will rarely get hit by the lasers. Just paying attention to the green dots switching to red before rockets come out. However this technique works for a good deal of time at the beginning because the explosive green projectile tends to get out of synch with the rockets so be careful guys. Now before we backtrack there is that set of corridors with breaking platforms and increasingly tedious enemies to fight, it's nice that we're given protection against the Grey Enforcer because it's a pain. Backtracking and we get to see that HUGE reactor room (not the first time but it's clearer here), looks quite nice and a bit intimidating under certain angles with the red lights and everything >_> Now those weird orange rooms ... Not too fond of the switch puzzle underwater but not that troublesome in the end. A new main corridor unfolds and a big armory, always loved seeing those no matter what mod ^^ Now there's that full, 2 floor, corridor jumping section. It's kinda easy because I can cross the whole thing in 2 sequences but later using the Bridge Maker will be a blessing ... Now a laboratory, I really like its design. I don't know if I said it yet but every single laboratory I come across is superb and I always take the time to look at all the chemicals and see what happens if we destroy them (like that weird blue liquid that causes blindness or those yellow bouncing balls). It's good that we are told to be careful not to potentially break the cure, but either way it means that an accident with blowing up and saving can totally break the map unbeatable, at least we are requested to be cautious so I'm not going to complain (besides the enemies are weak here). Now a red key that may be cheaply hidden but since we are told about it it's okay too. And now the first really hard part : Infected and Run for your Life. It's nice that we're provided with a route leading back to the correct set of places leading to the lab (I almost managed to reach it in time on my first playthrough I remember). Really good to be informed to save beforehand, and this is where using the Bridge Maker in the jumping section is a blessing ! Now cured and moving on. Jumping section with moving platforms again, easier than the first one although timing is tighter. Going back to press switches, and now we're pretty much going back an forth from room to room to press switches and unlock on the one hand the way to the next boss and on the other hand the possibility to destroy the reactor's core. It kinda sounds tedious in theory but the enemy spawning as a guidance is here to help. CPU phase, very easy. KABOOOM, a bit too much IMO, kinda long. Backtracking to a yellow room with a green farting mouse, I'd say this creature is kind of an intruder here and its placement is quite tedious given how much health it has and it even feels like you have to be in sight, I mean a UEPB shot when going away doesn't seem to do anything O_o. Big backtracking and this is where I start having that glitch I mentioned about Enforcers being impossible to hit directly until they attack. Let's skip directly to the place with those moving walls, another originality, fairly easy. Glitchy to enter CPU, harder than the previous one and BOSS. Now this boss is hard per say. Its attacks are powerful, slightly tricky to avoid, it's hard not to get stunned when it goes hit the wall and its ability to convert damage into HP when you hit it at the wrong time makes for a really tricky boss, you must keep moving almost ALWAYS. Slayer is imperative because the Devastator becomes really useful and the fight bearable, first time I beat it without the slayer and trust me it LONG, HARD and FRUSTRATING, you're clearly not coming out of here unscaved ! CPU, more complicated but still manageable. Big backtrack to the beginning, But first a super secret for an add-on. It's a big hard to navigate because those phasing platforms are very often out of synch and so using the Bridge Maker is really a blessing here, especially since you can get another secret thanks to it. BOSS, Red Enforcer, quite easy actually, because on the one hand the ammo box is tall enough to allow stunlocking the boss safely with the Chaingun and on the other hand it shoots nothing but lasers so jumping and strafing is enough to earn the Altering Gem for Devastator and RPG, quite useful but more dangerous to use. Back to end now !
Quick mention of the music, well it's another Doom music so I find it meh, I don't like it as much as the previous one but actually for the level it kinda blends in fine, it sounds a bit generic but actually it's fine for the level, it doesn't get to your head and it's fairly discrete so in-game it's very good but out-game not really.

Conclusion : A very fine level to introduce the very serious business. I can't find any landmarking thing about the level out of memory but what I like the most are that there is a load of interesting rooms to tackle, a few original puzzles, a nice and big reactor and finally 3 good bosses even though the 3rd one can be horrible if we don't have the slayer x_x Along with a music that is fitting with its slight discretion. And 88 minutes new record WOW ! I've said so much I just can't find anything worthwhile to mention as a conclusion, just that it's a fine level and this is where we're really being in the thick of it.

User is offline   TheCultist 

I.. think I encountered a bug in Army Headquarters? Not sure but I reloaded my save and messed with this door (I think I just closed it while running or something like that) and suddenly a message pops up ("you found powercell n01), how did I manage to find that? https://imgur.com/a/oCKJm
Just in case it's relevant, before that I kept trying to reach the health on my right so I jumped there and suddenly I got killed (squish message)

View PostTheCultist, on 28 October 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I.. think I encountered a bug in Army Headquarters? Not sure but I reloaded my save and messed with this door (I think I just closed it while running or something like that) and suddenly a message pops up ("you found powercell n01), how did I manage to find that? https://imgur.com/a/oCKJm
Just in case it's relevant, before that I kept trying to reach the health on my right so I jumped there and suddenly I got killed (squish message)

I believe that one of the Poer Cells is located among the trash cans on the left of your pic, you must have been in range of picking it up while messing with the door and the shelf ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thx for ur reviews.
btw

The glitch occurs sometimes but there is a "fail safe" I added.
So is like it randomly opens out of the blue.
Is kinda a glitch sensor,

Same as some bosses spawning "minions that you must kill to make boss hittable again"
Like the Manta Ray boss that spawns supersharks, and can spawn an ordinary shark rarely but still becomes hittable when you kill the supersharks.

things continiously set var.
and when var is set it "resecount" and if no var set then the count expires and the thing cancels.

Same for the last boss for V2 that I fixed that random bug.
When thing doesn't spawn for several seconds, boss "cancels its protection mode"

For the powercell upthere you must push the old crate

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 28 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Apiai 

I'm at level 7 (with big storage rooms), and i've found MW&C-projector slayer for weap 2.
I don't know how to activate it. Nothing happen when I pressed PageUp (to show extra menu)

(my PageUp key is not bind to any action in keyboard configuration)

View PostApiai, on 29 October 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

I'm at level 7 (with big storage rooms), and i've found MW&C-projector slayer for weap 2.
I don't know how to activate it. Nothing happen when I pressed PageUp (to show extra menu)

(my PageUp key is not bind to any action in keyboard configuration)

Slayers are automatically applied, you don't need to activate them. Just use the correct weapon against the boss, you'll have a small flash effect upon hitting the boss.

Page Up and Down are used for weapon enhancers and Orbs.

User is offline   Apiai 

I don't see any changes of the weapon behavior. Is it the shotgun or the pistol that is affected ?
Is the addon still available after getting incarcerated ?

View PostApiai, on 29 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

I don't see any changes of the weapon behavior. Is it the shotgun or the pistol that is affected ?
Is the addon still available after getting incarcerated ?

You have to find the ad-ons before you can apply them with the menu. Weapons from 2 to 8 are affected by ad-ons.

Yes Incarcerated doesn't remove any of the ad-ons or power-ups you found.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

addons stays for life , even if you die, incarcerated etc.

User is offline   Apiai 

I've found MW&C-projector slayer for weap 2 (shotgun or pistol ?) and I can't use it in the menu, I can't display the menu, PageUp don't work, so i don't know if i gotta to activate it since i see no changes on pistol or shotgun.

I'm also stuck in front of a force field composed of pink squares when i touched it (nice effect), i can't find how to disable the force field...

This post has been edited by Apiai: 29 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Slayers applies on weapons automatically.
Works for boss only.
When you hit the boss with the weap it flashes, does more dmg.
Works for weapon 2 (shot gun)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

And when you hit, it makes a yellow flash.

PS
Forcefield can be disabled from overwhelming it if you refer to the one that makes several squares.
my AMC TC level has 1

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 29 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hi ho !

I have a week of Holiday, this means Feedback !

The Storage Sectors :
------------------------------

So first corridor with a nice room and a stock pile, we already unlock a door and backtrack, that was quick and we're not seeing this place again before a LONG time. Now I see that big room with all those offices with things on the computers, very creative stuff, obviously I was happy to see references to AMC and MSDN ! Now we get to see the huge room with 20-something storage rooms. It's kinda tedious to navigate because of its size and the fact a bunch of rooms are outright empty but at least it's the most calm place of the entire level for more than half of it so I'm not complaining. A small jumping section with a CPU trooper we will se VERY often because of going back and forth with the Store Rooms, for those who have trouble just make the CPU trooper fall in the energy pit and even though he won't die he won't bother you as long as you're swift in this room. Now that huge room with a huge flammable tank, becomes problematic later, and I don't see why the Mutual Friend asks us to be hurry with exclamation marks :/ A big green corridor we'll see often as well and already we backtrack to the storeroom for the key leading to the Stargate thing. It looks intimidating but once you know the trick it's alright, and the "cinematic" is kinda nice with the troopers fleeing. The gate is well animated as well. And now we'll have those Shadow Enforcers coming to stalk us ... they're kinda easy depending on the space you have. BTW if you get caught I like the special gameover with "Your capital punishment", it's minimalistic but it's enough to do the trick ^^. Now that maze of death. The mechanic behind that place is creative and nicely put into application, it's nice to have multiple traps to get rid of those troopers even though most of them are very hard to use (apart from the cages) and one of the switch (the one in the main room) is SUPER EASY to miss ! Good thing we have a plan somewhere if we get lost too. And it's satisfying to incinerate the area and watch them die. BOSS, a big eyed brain on crazy music. Not as hard as the Powerglove IMO but it sure remains hard because of it being quite mobile and having lots of projectile attack, some of which are quite strong especially at the beginning. And the place becoming like a weird dimension also is nice with the room breaking apart. The thing with the Octabrains occurs a bit too often in my opinion though. Now backtracking to the Store Room again ! But before that let's find some secrets to unlock another Storage Room's door and also see the first of those energy platforms which will give us the shivers later >_> That scene in the Flammable tank room and all the grey troopers is kinda hard, it's easy in theory but it's pretty much impossible to get passed this unscaved because they're too many, along with the shadow enforcers and then that huge explosion is hard to avoid except at the switch that triggers them but then there must not be troopers near you. And even that isn't enough to kill all of them so I'm just using a few UEPB shots or crush them with doors. Now Storage room for Violet key and thanks to earlier secrets I got Lv2 Self Repairing armor, TOTALLY worth the trouble !. Now to go not-see some invisible troopers and unlock yet another storeroom. HOWEVER normally I should get the copper key BUT IT's NOT HERE ! I remember I got it on my first playthroughs but here's it's just not there ! I'm stuck ! Let's just pretend we got it >_>. Back to the room with offices for some CPU frenzy with now 2 floors and pink projectors that give quite the bonk if you're caught, things start getting complex now. Back to Storage for the yellow access card (and a nice has-been TV). Corridors with those elusive weird green troopers that don't seem to have anything special apart from indestructible corpses (not as elusive as the green rapid Enforcer I forgot to mention earlier). Also we see the execution room ! So what ? I don't know ! (I'm just kidding). BOSS, a sphere just like in Oblivion although way less abusive. It's quite an easy boss but you can very easily get F-ed over because of how strong its attack is despite being slow ! Only thing to complain about is the noise, it's literally ear ripping >_< But that's what it's all about right ? TripMines are quite useful against that boss I've tested with this playthrough. Now going back to a red door, thank you enemies to show us the way ... Super electrified platforms, and very taunting Atomic Healths. Another introduction to a thing that will give us chills later. And guess what ? YES Back to storage room ! Green key and a boosted up Overlord which gives us quite a surprise present when dying O_o. A big energy platfrom platforming section (I told you it'd become something later) and back to the offices for more CPU frenzy. Creative and relaxing that one. Red Key in the Storage (again). A cheaply placed Battlelord (ain't the first, ain't the last) and more CPU frenziness ! (I'm all frenzed up now @_@) Introducing platforming now, yet it's not the hardest CPU of the bunch really. On to another Storage after a small wtf moment with the last CPU that crashes, I have no idea if this serves a purpose or not though :/ Challenging storage room that is, but rewarding if you have good UEPB shot or other powerful splash damage guns. There's also a very elusive red rocket firing turret o_o. Blue key, and we finally get back to the first corridor (told you it was gonna be a long while), to go get some nasties, resources and unlock the final storage (it's about time !), for the slayer (which looks like a weird bolt ...). Platforming for the Pink key and BOSS. It may not look as hard as the DreadBrain but it's just as hard IMO because of restricted space (fortunately we can't fall), many attacks some of which are hard to avoid in such confined space, and I'm not telling you when you get more than one at once. Also the fact the boss heal themselves if you don't destroy them in the right order is kinda frustrating but once you know the thing it's all okay (besides that's why you're supposed to save before boss rooms). Slayer doesn't seem to be as valuable as for the Powerglove for instance but the amount of attacks surely makes the slayer useful. The End.
Quick mention of the music which is kinda like the previous level as in it's kinda repetitive but it blends in quite well although this time it's not discrete. I'd say it especially fits in the maze with blue invincible troopers. It becomes kinda repetitive over time but somehow it doesn't get to your brain so it's kinda okay in the end.

Conclusion : So in the end I would say I prefer this level over the previous one even though it's clearly a bit harder. Because unlike the previous level this one is more based on huge distinctive rooms that separate a more limited amount of corridors, and the fact of centralizing the level around the storage rooms makes all the going back and forth easier, not less tedious because how often it is but way easier to do because since everything look fairly different from each other then the sense of orientation is easier to put into use which is nice since enemy guidance doesn't come in as often as in the previous level. It also boasts a really creative set of bosses, with really balanced high difficulty. And finally there are less jumping sections even though there that tall one with the energy platforms that's hard per say. And now is the part I feared all along : the next level (because of texture cache (will tell later)) and its secret level T_T.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thanks for your review

Copperkey is on the little desk with a coffee maker near the corner of the room with all those 7 computers (6 in the middle of the room) and 7th near wall
Computer Room is near dark room with newbeast hiding inside of it.

Boss has a healer (one above exit door)
If we destroy the healer he can no longer heal.

Healer heals bosses and then heal all including itself and repeat cycle.

Some of the boss battles (including this one: https://imgur.com/a/V7NOn and the "shield" boss that follows you) in Army Headquarter doesn't show a warning (boss nearby) to save like previous boss battles.
From all the levels up until this one, Army Headquarter is my favorite one, loved the "deadly virus" idea. Also I am so glad you've placed enemies to show you the way you need to go, that was so helpful, getting lost is one of my main concerns in this game.
Man, that guy who gets inside when you unlock that door actually scared me because I was looking at the camera to see what I just unlocked, and when I turned around that guy was shooting straight to my face.
I'm stuck at this part: https://imgur.com/a/iVk3F, TheDragonLiner can you help me get back to that thing that I need to destroy? (I noticed that you had this same issue, in this post https://forums.duke4...647#entry286647)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Boss warning message if you refer for miniboss occurs,
Probably you took items and "item messages" masked the warning.

As for this strange vortex
You must destroy the giant core-like structure,
you go inside of it, hack the computer to overload the core thing.
Huge things with enormous red lights.

As mention before to get to the core part you must go where you got trapped in the room where the virus infected you.
it is not far from it to get to the core. To get to the core is not far from the room with the deadly robo-mouse
make sure its shields are disabled. probably you disabled them.

Well I've been here: https://imgur.com/a/vaDpX and I also found & done a CPU thing again (reminds me of that level which was full of them) which I believe lowered the shields. Is it far from here?

View PostTheCultist, on 31 October 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Well I've been here: https://imgur.com/a/vaDpX and I also found & done a CPU thing again (reminds me of that level which was full of them) which I believe lowered the shields. Is it far from here?

Normally if you've done the CPU phase HERE then there's a switch in this same room that destroys the reactor, however you must get out fast. Then the weird vortex will be gone.
Did you find the Boss Slayer item ? Because you will face a boss that is SUPER HARD without the slayer !

I'm afraid this level it one of the hardest to remember for me I'm sorry ^^;

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options