• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

THE IMPERIUM RELEASED!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostGreatSudoku, on 03 February 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I seem to have found the root of the issue. Not sure if this is linux-specific or not, but there's some discrepancies in the imperium.def file. The sky_IE files are looking for an Imperium folder with a capital "I", while the texture files were looking for an imperium folder with a lowercase "i". I ended up manually having to edit imperium.def by hand to correct this.

Well, it's Windows specific, but the others have to suffer. :D
MS filesystems don't care about the case and many Windows programs don't even bother to show it correctly (although they usually can be forced to do so). Therefore the user isn't forced to care either.
It's interesting that you appear to be the first to notice this. Do you use the HRP on your machine?

View PostNorvak, on 27 August 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

Nice! You could espect IMPERIUM remixed album now! lol

...still waiting... :D

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostLeoD, on 03 February 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

...still waiting... :D

There will be many surprises, just wait please :D

Also to note for users with case-sensitive Operating Systems (Linux, maybe OSX too) ... the USER.CON file in the imperium folder has entries for maps that don't exactly line up with the correct capitalization for the map filenames.. Another fix users with case-sensitive OSes need to do for imperium is edit the capitalization of map filenames to match the capitalization in USER.CON

I'm running Linux (Debian Sid x64), and yes I use version 5.1 of the HRP (autoload folder I also use the XXX HRP addon). I also use DukePlus which had one minor capitalization error for something minor like crate textures.

About the only error I get from the HRP is
Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 9000. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?

The easiest fix for Unix users is to create a fat32 filesystem in a file and loop-mount it. Works a charm. :D

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostGreatSudoku, on 03 February 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

IWarning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 9000. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?

That's from DukePlus IIRC.
EDIT: It's not.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 17 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Edit: added the quote

I'm having severe issues with missing textures that make the game unplayable as soon Duke boards his "duke bike"...

For the record, that "Duke bike" you're talking about is actually called the skycar. The actual Duke bike you might have heard about is so much cooler (no offence DT), and is a proper bike which emulates very realistic physics.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 03 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

View PostGambini, on 15 January 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Resumed my savegame with this mod, from a few months ago...

I was stuck at level 4 and so i kept being stuck for some more time. I really wanted to play level 5 this time so i didn´t let the complexity of this huge level prevent me to do so. I cheated to get some key and kept advancing, then cheated again to kill those nasty jumping liztroops and then again to get the last key. The level is very good looking but way to intrincated to be solved by someone that only wants to have a good time with a game.

Finally reached level 5, i had a hunch about it. The level starts slow, it looked a little bit simple for Merljin´s standars but the BFG ball out of control and the screams made up for it, pretty cool. But then i entered the dark part and whooa! I was in that nightmare again! The level managed to put me on goose pimples while my son repeated "whoever did this knows how to make scary maps" over and over. "Those things..." became for first time in the mod suitable when they spawned as shadows. That was awesome and then the restroom sequence and then the hole in the ceiling! I would have wished this map were longer but still it was as great as i imagined it would be. Continued playing the next level but in the engines room all gets out of control. It is damn too difficult with all those monsters shooting every kind of projectiles. A Jumping liztroop is a challenge alone, imagine several of them plus all regular duke monsters hiding behind the fog, without forgetting their new arsenal. One thing that really bothered me is that the game kept stalling everytime a bunch of enemies spawn. I don´t know if it´s my cpu trying to manage massive amounts of code or the precache system but whatever it is it makes my screen freeze for about two seconds and when it´s back I´ve moved the aim to another point and have to reorientate myself again.

Playing Merljin´s maps was in my todo list for some months, now that i´m done with it (and plenty of satisfaction) i doubt i´ll keep playing this mod. Not because i dont like it but because it is very hard.

PS: the soundtrack is amazing.

Late reply: I'm really glad you enjoyed my level Gambini! :D I was wondering what you would think about the scary part, glad to know it managed to do its job. :D

Too bad you had to cheat, I would prefer people reporting here when they get stuck, so I can help them out.
Most of level 4 is pretty straight forward IMO. There's one button which shuts down a forcefield with no indication or viewscreen to help you out.. I guess that was a mistake, but said forcefield is very close by. I would never add a button which forces you to search somewhere on the other side of the level.. But we underestimated the complexity of this map, that's true.

Juts a little bump to express my endless gratitude to the makers of this Mod, especially the mappers : they're so fucking amazing I could scream !
I currenly playing Last Chance and the post-bathroom scene, with that horde of Newbeast and skinned new assault tropper,almost made me fall from my chair, like the first time I seen the Licker from Resident Evil 2. Guys, you rule.

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on 09 March 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Juts a little bump to express my endless gratitude to the makers of this Mod, especially the mappers : they're so fucking amazing I could scream !
I currenly playing Last Chance and the post-bathroom scene, with that horde of Newbeast and skinned new assault tropper,almost made me fall from my chair, like the first time I seen the Licker from Resident Evil 2. Guys, you rule.

Thanks for your compliments! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and that the part in Last change has the effect I wanted it to have heh. :)
Have fun playing the rest of the episode. :wub:

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Nitpicking spree continues:
Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 3585. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?

You may want to get rid of this warning if there are plans for an update... :)
I should start thinking about replaying this great episode.

You know, that stuff is pretty much chinese to me. :) All I know is that this episode had a construction time of 5 years and different people meddling with cons, custom textures etc. This probably caused some of the problems.. I doubt there will be an update though. For me, Imperium is a closed chapter.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's nothing to worry about. It has no effect on the game at all.

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

The video of level 3 is there. Sorry that it takes so long.

Heh better late then never, right? :) Cool video, enjoyed watching it.

User is offline   Jim 

How can I enable the dukeplus menu for Imperium? Thanks Much!

User is offline   supergoofy 

Unfortunately, on first run, you have to reconfigure the key bindings for DukePlus menu and reload.

After that, the key bindings are saved and should be working.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 10 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

User is offline   Jim 

Actually I want to disable the smoke and transtar, the high res explosions, and also the enemy muzzle flashes. What commands do I use? Thanks!

I tried rebinding the keys, but it still saids that Duke Plus menu disabled.

This post has been edited by Jim: 10 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 10 September 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Actually I want to disable the smoke and transtar, the high res explosions, and also the enemy muzzle flashes. What commands do I use? Thanks!

I tried rebinding the keys, but it still saids that Duke Plus menu disabled.

open the console and type

setvar nomenu 0

The menu is disabled because the episode was designed with certain settings in mind, but as long as you are only changing those cosmetic things you mentioned, it shouldn't cause any problems.

User is offline   Jim 

Are there video walkthroughs of level 4 thru 8 for the imperium?

User is offline   Kyanos 

This deserves more than a bump every 4 years... Now that I got a decent vid card I'm gonna replay this with polymer and the hrp.

This post has been edited by Drek: 27 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

User is offline   Jim 

So I just finished the first level of Imperium with HRP, I noticed that when the Dukebot is crouched, there is no model for him, he is just a sprite. I am using the Polymost override HRP, is there a correct version of the HRP I should use?

Hey I didn't know this topic was bumped, pretty cool to see it still being played. :rolleyes:

First question: no, at the moment there are no walkthrough vids for level 4 through 8.
The guy who recorded the first levels stopped after 3.

But I am thinking of recording and uploading a full walkthrough soon-ish, especially after replaying this episode recently.

Second question: you'll have to ask Trooper Dan, I have no idea :excl:

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 10 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

Models and defs in the HRP have changed over the years. If it were me I would just set mdflags to 1 on the BOTALLY actor, forcing it to be a sprite all the time (for consistency). I think if anyone is an expert on this question it would be LeoD.

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

View PostJim, on 26 June 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Are there video walkthroughs of level 4 thru 8 for the imperium?

No, life got in the way at the time and afterwards I forgot about it, to be honest. I have not been particularly active on YouTube since anyway, so doubt I'll make more videos, but I might! If I do remember correctly, however, I got stuck at level 4 as well, so that probably has something to do with it.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostJim, on 10 October 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

So I just finished the first level of Imperium with HRP, I noticed that when the Dukebot is crouched, there is no model for him, he is just a sprite. I am using the Polymost override HRP, is there a correct version of the HRP I should use?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 10 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Models and defs in the HRP have changed over the years. If it were me I would just set mdflags to 1 on the BOTALLY actor, forcing it to be a sprite all the time (for consistency). I think if anyone is an expert on this question it would be LeoD.
Well, the "expert" says:
Um, I thought that Imperium came with an HRP included - not?
Without digging to deep into it again, I see three possibilities to make the bots work:
- try replacing Imperium's DukePlus by the current 2.40
- try an older HRP, like 5.2, definitely prior to 5.3
- edit Imperium's dukeplus.def and add these lines to the end:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by LeoD: 18 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Appears to be a problem with the Episode selection using :
EDuke32 r6495
Built Nov 1 2017 21:30:39, GCC 7.2.0, 64-bit
Using E:/DOSGAMES/test/ for game data
Checking for updates...
Connecting to http://www.eduke32.com
Current version is 20120522... no updates available
Running on Windows 10 (build 10.0.15063)

Screenshot

What I was trying to do was merge the Latest DukePlus download into the included DukePlus Folder. I included the lines Leo mentioned above. Also the included Eduke32 with this mod is not compatible with Windows 10. It would be nice if we could get an updated download of this mod so that people can just download it and run it without having to do a bunch of stuff to make it work.

Okay I think I hacked the file to make it work. But there still is a hidden Episode selection that takes you back to the main menu if selected. I'd want someone's blessing to ensure what i've done hasn't crippled something in the package. I don't want to be offering a separate package that breaks something along the way.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 04 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostPaul B, on 04 November 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Also the included Eduke32 with this mod is not compatible with Windows 10.

Are you sure that's true? My laptop runs on Windows 10 and I succesfully dowloaded and replayed Imperium recently.
Without any issues.

As far as I know, the mod works perfectly fine with the incuded Eduke and dukeplus.
Using updated versions might break some things in the game, so I'd recommend adding everything in a clean folder and only add the GRP file.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMerlijn, on 05 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Are you sure that's true? My laptop runs on Windows 10 and I succesfully dowloaded and replayed Imperium recently.
Without any issues.

As far as I know, the mod works perfectly fine with the incuded Eduke and dukeplus.
Using updated versions might break some things in the game, so I'd recommend adding everything in a clean folder and only add the GRP file.

Yea I did install in a fresh directory. The supplied EDuke version wouldn't work for me until I updated the EDuke32.exe. After which I was able to load it.

The error I got while attempting to run Imperium with the supplied Eduke32.exe is: The Video Mode not supported: The operation completed successfully. However, it freezes the screen prevents Eduke32 from running and you can't press the okay button on the dialogue box that pops up with the mentioned error message. Here is the attached screenshot of me trying to run Imperium in Full screen with the supplied Eduke32. Failed to Load Imperium

However, if you don't play it with Full Screen checked it will open. But there's no way I'm playing the mod in a small window on my desktop. I want to play in Full Screen. So it's better to use the latest Eduke for that.

Here is the download that I modified with the Latest EDuke32, Duke Plus and fixes LeoD included in the above post. I'll play through it later but i'd prefer someone already familiar with DukePlus & the Mod to try my download just to ensure nothing if funky with the exception of the Episode selection menu.

http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=9278

It appears there might be some problems as I noticed at startup a bunch of warnings.

Here is my Eduke32.log

There also appears to be a problem with Imperium being able to locate the models that LeoD mentioned above:
For the Override the 2013 Polymer Duke to match the DukePlus 1405 bots as they don't appear to be found in the path. Perhaps that's more of an HRP thing which I don't have installed in this mod as of yet.

Eduke32 Log

This post has been edited by Paul B: 05 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMerlijn, on 05 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Without any issues.

I dug up my original copy (the official release, not the betas).
Have windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1703

used the dukeplus that came with it
used the eduke32.exe that came with it
used the imperium.bat to launch the game
started playing the episode (when asked to update to the latest eduke32 - selected 'No')

Everything seemed to work just fine. (in full screen 1280x960).

People start messing with the included dukeplus & eduke32 - then wonder why things don't work.
Lurve that shit.

I'm guessing whoever it is that's trying to get this to work is using the HRP from around Aug. 2011 as well?

View PostLeoD, on 18 October 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Well, the "expert" says:

- try an older HRP, like 5.2, definitely prior to 5.3

good advice

i'd recommend hrp 5.1.302 & the z-pack - or- 5.1.374-375 & the corresponding z-pack

LEKKEL BROODJE ShOARMA

This post has been edited by Forge: 05 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options